Respected Contributor

Glad I didn't pay to see it!

I wanted to see the movie "Book Club" since it premiered.  We rarely go to a movie theater for numerous reasons, so I knew I'd wait for it to be on Amazon or Netflix.  I kept checking and it was available on Amazon for a price I didn't want to pay.  Finally, it showed up free on Prime.  What a disappointment!  

Since my daughter and I attempted to read the book, 50 Shades,  and laughed about it, I assumed the movie had plenty of laughs.  It didn't.    

Wondering what you thought if you watched the movie. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Glad I didn't pay to see it!

I feel the same as you. I was disappointed. No real depth to any of the characters, and not very funny.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ladylaughsalot 

@Ladylaughsalot wrote:

I feel the same as you. I was disappointed. No real depth to any of the characters, and not very funny.

ITA

Trusted Contributor

I absolutely agree!  I couldn't wait to see the movie, and I thought it was a major disappointment.  

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

I agree also...disappointing 😝

Honored Contributor

Knew from the previews the movie wouldn't be good. Couldn't put my finger on it just seemed off, typical writing, and uninteresting story line. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched it when it was free on Prime. The acting was flat, the story was totally predictable and nothing funny. I had been looking forward to seeing Andy Garcia. So disappointed! The so-called romantic connection with Jane Fonda's character (or whoever it was) was awkward and almost painful to watch. 

Honored Contributor

didn't see it, just a movie companies idea to get a certain demo to go to the movies,  and they just came up with another one Poms that looks equally banal 

movie execs:  we are being criticized for not offering roles for older actresses

oh, let's write awful yet supposedly funny scripts and put all of them in it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I never heard of this movie. 

Respected Contributor

"Glad I didn't pay to see it" - my thoughts exactly!