Honored Contributor

Re: Glad I didn't pay to see it!

@godi wrote:

I never heard of this movie. 

Diane Keaton enough said LOL

Honored Contributor

Wonder how her new movie, Poms, will be??

Respected Contributor

This COULD have been a great film, but it wasn't!  Kept waiting and it just never happened!

Esteemed Contributor

I hate to have to agree since I had been looking forward to seeing it but, yes, it was a disappointment. Luckily, it was on Hulu so the only thing lost was my time. 

I'm a Diane Keaton fan as well as Jane Fonda and Candice Bergen so this was a big surprise. What's worse is Diane's new movie looks kind of silly too so I hope this isn't a new trend. I'm longing for the, not so long ago, days of Something's Gotta Give, And So It Goes, and Five Flights Up, not to mention the myriad of older movies in which she gave wonderful performances. 

Valued Contributor

Yes ! I had the same reaction ~ but by the time it came around to Prime, I knew it was a dog. 

I kind of wondered why I was wasting my time ~ but it wasn't like it took a lot of effort to watch. 

All the reviews completely trashed it. And they were right. I think the tone was extremely patronizing. 

Diane Keaton's daughters were particularly grating (and I did a lot of skimming)

Honored Contributor

I thought it was horrible. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

I loved it so much I went to the movies 3 times with different people  They all loved it  My sister on the other hand thought it was awful.

Respected Contributor

I know what ya mean.  I thought I would love it, but it was just okay.  Saw it on the Epix Channel .  I notice they don't repeat it over and over like they do with some movies.

Trusted Contributor

I really wanted to love this movie but also wasn't that impressed with it. I saw it on a flight and thought maybe I had missed parts since it was so loud on plane or maybe they had edited it. So I got it from library, watched it again and was underwhelmed. 

I also am curious about Diane Keaton's new movie Poms. Could it be really funny and worth paying money to see? I will be waiting for reviews! 

Honored Contributor

I didn't see it.  Perhaps someday when it's on cable tv for free and I'm home sick with the flu, I'll watch it.  It won't require any brain power.  They throw those "old lady" movies out because they hope to draw the over 60 year old women into the movie theatres.  The vast majority of movies don't appeal to our demographic and they know they are leaving money on the table.  So they give us som horrible farce like POMS with a bunch of has-been actresses in it and assume that will make us pony up $12 for movie ticket and $22 for the snacks.