Respected Contributor

Girl in Room 13

[ Edited ]

Anne Heche's last movie, Girl in Room 13, is premiering on Lifetime TV today.  She plays of the mother of a girl who is kidnapped and forced into sex trafficking.  There is another showing at 10 PM EST.

Honored Contributor

Pass

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

Anne Heche's last movie, Girl in Room 13, is premiering on Lifetime TV today.  She plays of the mother of a girl whio is kidnapped and forced into sex trafficking.  There is another showing at 10 PM EST.

@Linmo  Thanks for the heads up on this.

Respected Contributor

@Linmo - I stumbled upon it a few minutes into the movie, because I turned on my TV and it was apparently on that channel. I watched a bit of it, but found the topic and the storyline itself too disturbing to watch.  What a sick story that I am sure plays out in real life waaaaaaay too often. I guess a woman's sixth sense is very valuable.  When someone is "off" or is "cruel in nature", that person must be avoided-- no exceptions made. Also, parents  of young children must be extremely vigilant with their kids at every location they frequent, because there are bad people who traffic children at many popular children's attraction locations from parks, to toy stores, to amusement parks, etc. 

I have written about this before, but when I took my young kids many years ago to Giggleberry Fair in PA, to a part of the building where small children had a moonwalk, and a "grocery store" complete with plastic fruits and vegetables and a cash register, and a fishing game with magnetized "fish" and "fish poles", a man in his late 20's or early 30's was standing by the doorway to the children's section for 1 1/2 hours, all alone, with no children coming up to him asking him for money or to talk with their "dad", and he just stood there at that doorway, allegedly drinking from a very large, opaque, 32 oz cup, while staring into the room of children, including directly at my son, who was busy "fishing". I had that man reported, and he suddenly disappeared and stopped acting as the doorman just outside of the swinging saloon style doors at the entrance way to that room. I believe that man was up to no good, and I am thankful that I noticed him and made sure he was reported (by another parent I alerted who knew exactly where to find a manager).  It is not normal behavior to stare at other people's children for great lengths of time. 

Trusted Contributor

I had it recorded. I started to watch it, but I too had to stop. I fast forwarded to the end. 

I watch Dateline and the ID channel all the time, but this movie was too much for me. 

Respected Contributor

i recorded it. I saw an interview with the director and a cast member(the daughter?) and they said Anne was very passionate, about this movie. She suffered abuse in her early years and wanted to focus on the topic. From the comments, you're writing, i wonder how close to real life this is or is it embellished?

Esteemed Contributor

I recorded this but haven't watched it yet, will see how it goes...

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo  Recorded it, watched 10-15 minutes and deleted it.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

I had it recorded. I started to watch it, but I too had to stop. I fast forwarded to the end. 

I watch Dateline and the ID channel all the time, but this movie was too much for me. 

@lenapecci , we recorded it also but haven't watched (or attempted to yet).  Like yourself, we also watch alot of Dateline, ID and Oxygen.

We'll see how it goes and if we're able to fully watch it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

Anne Heche's last movie, Girl in Room 13, is premiering on Lifetime TV today.  She plays of the mother of a girl who is kidnapped and forced into sex trafficking.  There is another showing at 10 PM EST.

I saw it toward the end, then it came back on again right after.  I think Anne did a good job with this movie.  Who would have known she was battling a similar problem?  At the end there is a credit dedicating the movie to her in memorium.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life