Esteemed Contributor
@Diane J wrote:

Yes Gilmore Girls is  one of my favorite shows!  I still watch it  on the Up channel and I own the complete series.  I just listened to Scott Patterson's (Luke) new  podcast "I'm All in" where he talks about the show. He just had on the actors who play Michel and Kirk. 

I listen to Scott's podcast too! Last week he interviewed Shelly Cole who played Madeline. In addition to those you mentioned, Michel and Kirk, he's also had Babette (Sally Struthers) and Gypsy (Rose Abdoo) on the show.

I love getting the inside scoop and what was happening behind the scenes. I was surprised to hear that when Shelly played the part of Madeline, a 16 year old, she was actually twenty-seven! 

It was also pretty funny to hear how jealous Scott sounded of Max Medina played by Scott Cohen. Some of his comments were "He asked a Chilton mom on date. He should have been fired!" "He touched her elbow!" "He should have never left that message on the answering machine. Rory could have heard it!" 

It was almost like he was still in Stars Hollow, in love with Lorelai, and hating anyone she dated, lol. Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

A HUGE fan here too, and have been from the beginning- The show was on at a time when my life was so crazy stressful, intense- and that hour was a warm, charming respite for me- I still watch the reruns and love them. I wish there were more charming, witty shows on primetime networks now... 💝💝💝

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:
@Diane J wrote:

Yes Gilmore Girls is  one of my favorite shows!  I still watch it  on the Up channel and I own the complete series.  I just listened to Scott Patterson's (Luke) new  podcast "I'm All in" where he talks about the show. He just had on the actors who play Michel and Kirk. 

I listen to Scott's podcast too! Last week he interviewed Shelly Cole who played Madeline. In addition to those you mentioned, Michel and Kirk, he's also had Babette (Sally Struthers) and Gypsy (Rose Abdoo) on the show.

I love getting the inside scoop and what was happening behind the scenes. I was surprised to hear that when Shelly played the part of Madeline, a 16 year old, she was actually twenty-seven! 

It was also pretty funny to hear how jealous Scott sounded of Max Medina played by Scott Cohen. Some of his comments were "He asked a Chilton mom on date. He should have been fired!" "He touched her elbow!" "He should have never left that message on the answering machine. Rory could have heard it!" 

It was almost like he was still in Stars Hollow, in love with Lorelai, and hating anyone she dated, lol. Smiley Very Happy

omg...so funny you mentioned the Scott jealousy thing....after hearing him flip out I went back to watch that episode to see what was so bad...lol...I thought "elbowgate" was nothing! 🤣 ....but it definitely hit a button in Scott P. I mean, I'll give him that hitting on the mom at a chi-chi private school, probably was inappropriate, but it was just the "he touched herrrr!"thing that seemed like an over reaction...he just barely brushed her arm as he lead her away from the group of parents to talk to her. 

Respected Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

A HUGE fan here too, and have been from the beginning- The show was on at a time when my life was so crazy stressful, intense- and that hour was a warm, charming respite for me- I still watch the reruns and love them. I wish there were more charming, witty shows on primetime networks now... 💝💝💝

Me too! "Charming" is a good word...and you are right...unfortunately so out of fashion. Now "courseness", "crudeness" "edginess" are all the order of the day...but actually...I believe many out there crave the same things you and I are. They say GG has had such a resurgance after A Year In The Life aired, and definitely during the pandemic. That's why Netflix decided to air the series. Also, many in the cast analyze the show's continued "rabid' fanbase and popularity, as attributed to what a "safe, happy, comforting" place "Stars Hallow", with all it's cast of lovable characters, is. ❤️ 

Respected Contributor

@DianeJ2 You will enjoy this week's podcast, if you haven't already listened. He had on Ted Rooney who played "Morey"...who I loved. Small part but was perfect to offset Babette, and they were the cutest couple!.

He was the BEST guest today! So sweet, and humble about being asked to come on the podcast, and so funny!  I enjoyed today's episode the best so far, and seemed like both Scott and crew also felt he was such a great guest, I think they will have him on again.

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed this week's podcast too. Ted was a fun guest and very sweet but I was surprised when he couldn't remember the name of his own wife on the show. I literally laughed out loud when he called her Babbit and Scott said maybe no more Mexico trips for you. Smiley Very Happy

I was glad he offered to send him some coffee. It was kind of awkward last week when Shelly was asking him about it and she said she'd go to his website and order it. Anyway, Ted seemed very grateful that Scott offered--even though Ted sort of had to ask, lol. 

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to mention that Scott's jealousy of Max has only increased. He even got Ted in on it. Then it morphed into insulting Dean which apparently is due to Scott being team Jess. He said something like Dean is the secret demon spawn of Max Medina. 

The funny thing is he said said Max was manipulative and only wanted one thing from Lorelai. Since Scott is watching the episodes for the first time I wonder if he'll change his tune when he sees that Max was all in for Lorelai, proposing & buying an engagement ring, and she was the one who flaked out on him. 

And, in a way, it was the same with Rory and Dean...she dumped him to be with Jess. I feel like Scott's being too hard on the guys who were actually the sincere ones and not saying anything about how Lorelai and Rory treated them. Or, maybe we're just not that far into the season yet.