Regular Contributor

Gilmore Girls

Do you still watch the show, I Netflix it 

I do hope they bring out more episodes , so many questions need answers

Esteemed Contributor

I am "fan"-a-tic" about them, and own the complete series on DVD. Lorelei with her charm and wit, is my favorite character, but I LOVE Michel's perpetually less than enthusiastic attitude.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Still comes on weekeday mornings on LOGO. 

Honored Contributor

It's one of my all time favorites !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

My late DH never missed an episode. I quit watching after a few episodes, for me it was boring.

Honored Contributor

I watched it years ago but now it is never on anywhere for an extended period. They change the channels all the time so don't always find it. I have a relative who dated Edward Herman back in the day,  so it was interesting for me to watch him; very talented actor. 

Valued Contributor

Yes Gilmore Girls is  one of my favorite shows!  I still watch it  on the Up channel and I own the complete series.  I just listened to Scott Patterson's (Luke) new  podcast "I'm All in" where he talks about the show. He just had on the actors who play Michel and Kirk. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Gilmore Girls

[ Edited ]

I have found my peeps! 🤣

I actually just discovered GG during pandemic (I knew about it years ago, but wherever I was at in life, never tuned in, plus I thought,back then, it was geared toward young girls, which it's not.)

Anyway...binged entire series during pandemic, on Netflix, and loved everything about it! 

Smart, funny, upbeat, takes place in fictitious CT (my home state) so it felt familiar, casting great, LOVE Lauren Graham. It was definitely a "happy place" to escape to during a hard time last year. I then actually went "All in"...read Lauren Graham's two books, "Someday, Someday Maybe" (fiction), and "Talking As Fast As I Can" (more autobiographical)....she's a very good writer!

I also have listened to that Scott Patterson's new podcast, @DianeJ2 ~fun to hear behind the scenes stories etc.

I had a little mixed feelings about the 4 episode comeback "A Year In The Life"...but I love the series. I rewatch episodes here and there. You just don't see that type of show these days...feel good, safe, relatable, life.

Valued Contributor

@amyb Yes iwe found the GG tribe here lol. I found it a few years ago and it's my happy place definately.  I'm in CT too!. I read the town of  Stars Hollow is  based on the creators visit to the Washington Depot area. Ed Hermann had a house in Litchfield County until he sadly passed away   I'm writing this sipping from my Coffee Coffee Coffee mug 😊  lol

I will have to read Lauren's books thank you! She is so quick witted and smart.  I'm really enjoying Scott's podcast too.  I think he said he had only viewed one episode and is watching them for the podcast. I really hope they do another Year in the Life. I didnt think Rory was written very well. Would love to see the year after the last scene. 

Respected Contributor

@DianeJ2 wrote:

@amyb Yes iwe found the GG tribe here lol. I found it a few years ago and it's my happy place definately.  I'm in CT too!. I read the town of  Stars Hollow is  based on the creators visit to the Washington Depot area. Ed Hermann had a house in Litchfield County until he sadly passed away   I'm writing this sipping from my Coffee Coffee Coffee mug 😊  lol

I will have to read Lauren's books thank you! She is so quick witted and smart.  I'm really enjoying Scott's podcast too.  I think he said he had only viewed one episode and is watching them for the podcast. I really hope they do another Year in the Life. I didnt think Rory was written very well. Would love to see the year after the last scene. 

Yes, I heard that story too about the writer weekending in CT, she literally was making it up as they went along that weekend, writing on napkins. They went to Mark Twain's house in Hartford (supposedly for some home designing inspiration) and she literally was like..."Lorelai's parents live in...Hartford!" then they stayed in a cute B&B and she was like "Lorelai will run an Inn!"...and it went on from there. Lol.

In the 2nd episode, there is the only actual shot done in Ct...as she drives Rory to school for that first day, they show their car passing by The Gelston House, in Haddam, near Goodspeed Opera House. I sent in a question for the podcast, (they asked you to email questions) why they did that one CT shot, then never again. The producer emailed me back and said "great question!!"...but they haven't answered it on air yet...probably don't know, and haven't been able to ask Amy or Dan. By now they've probably moved on when they do talk to the writers...but I'm still curious! Like why do that one shot, then never again...was that intentional?...did they think they were going to do more then budget didn't allow? Did they just happen to be in CT so they did that one shot?! lol Inquiring minds want to know!

PS. LG is smart and quick-witted~so are her books~you will enjoy them. Smiley Happy