Respected Contributor

Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life...Only 53 Hours to Go!

[ Edited ]

I'm so excited to see the 6-hour mini series.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch it until Saturday as we have house guests right now and they aren't leaving until Friday night.  I could probably sneak in one episode at midnight on Thanksgiving, but I would rather savor it.  Anybody else as excited as I am?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life...Only 53 Hours to Go!

[ Edited ]

I will be watching all the episodes on Friday.  I am excited also!

@Marsha2003

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

I'm so excited to see the 6-hour mini series.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch it until Saturday as we have house guests right now and they aren't leaving until Friday night.  I could probably sneak in one episode at midnight on Thanksgiving, but I would rather savor it.  Anybody else as excited as I am?

@Marsha2003, Oh you bet I'm !!  This is the main reason I got Netflix, That and Chelsea Handler. I have watched the Gilmore reruns over and over, I love the quirky characters, and the love between Lorelei and Rory. Like everyone I will miss Richard, and will be so glad to see Sookie, Lane and well everybody. Did you know that the actor who played Jess is the father on the new show " This is us " ? Anyway I can't wait.❤️❤️❤️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I actually subscribed to Netflix just to watch.

Can't wait!!!!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

I also am excited.  I got hooked on the show in its second season.  I love watching the re-runs.

Esteemed Contributor

Like the rest of you, I'm super excited to watch the Gilmore Girls.  I, too, got Netflix for this reason alone, although I must say that I'm enjoying some other Netflix series!  Not sure when I'll watch, but I'm going to relax, enjoy, and savor each show!

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the show off and on when it was first on television.  But...there has been a marathon going (153 episodes, day and night, in seven days) on the Channel UP!  I have been watching, but have not been staying up thru the night!  I forgot how much I liked the show...even thru the often silly dialogue and family conflicts!  I love Richard!!  I have to say - there are some charactes that I am not really fond of like Paris and Kirk.  Way too much exposure of their characters!!

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I haven't watched This is Us yet.  Thanks for telling me that Milo is on it.

Respected Contributor

I ***LOVE*** the Gilmore Girls. I watched the show from the beginning when it originally aired. But I stopped watching during the seventh season because I thought it went downhill and I no longer enjoyed it. After the show went off the air I finally watch the last season in reruns, and although there were a few good episodes, overall it was by far the weakest season.

I have all seven seasons on DVD. I can watch the episodes every day, all day long.

I don't have Netflix but I'm thinking about signing up so I can watch the revival. The reviews have been mostly good. The original show was just perfect so I hope they don't ruin it with this revival (you know what they say about going home again!)

The revival starts with the winter episode but I've heard that fall is the best. There are supposedly lots of cameos from minor characters that weren't announced to keep it a surprise.

Respected Contributor

I cannot wait to watch. It will have to wait until I return in a few weeks as I have to take care of my ailing mother until then.