Honored Contributor

When A Year in the Life came out on Netflix a few years ago I couldn't wait to watch it. 

It's 8 hours of my life I wish I could take back.  It was so disappointing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gilmore Four Night Show

[ Edited ]

@ProudMa wrote:

loved the original.....thought the 4 episodes of In The Life of could have been a 2 hour movie

Too Much of the Grocer. Taylor..Lorelie was still acting like a spoiled child...it gets tiresome when she is obiviously pushing 60..

Wanted more of Rorys life...the bright spot was Emily...while parts of her struggle were silly...was nice to see her growth...and she is the BEST actress on the show...

DID NOT Like the ending...especially since there arent any plans to have the story continued....

@ProudMa  Emily always was and still is my favorite character and I agree, she appeared to be the only one to show growth. Lorelie was more of a twit than ever and Rory, frankly, was more or less a loser.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Gilmore Four Night Show

[ Edited ]

For me, assuming we don't see anything further of the Gilmore Girls, A Year in the Life was not a fitting wrap up of the series...

Personally, I always thought Lorelie and Christopher should end up together. I always thought she and Luke made the best of best friends but the romace always seem awkward... Rory should probably have ended up with Jess, who obviously still had a thing for her... Way too much of what, to the point of the movie, had been supporting cast (like Kirk and Taylor), and the too many forays into the absurd (Lorelie's road trip, the virtual 'dream sequence' wedding, the 'musical' and Rory's Halloween adventure, etc.) were unfortunate, as was this incarnation of Paris and the amount of screen time she got... Worst of all, all four of the movies had significant stretches that could only be described as boring... The show never was...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for everyone's replies!!  I did watch the series and had aways liked it!!  And then I watched some show that was kind of a revival last year...I think!  It was not a good show, as I remember.

Feedback was certainly not positive to the four episode

series, so may just skip it!!  Such a shame!!   I have noticed that when some series end and a revival is shown after serveral years,  the results are not as good as the original!