Esteemed Contributor

Did anybody watch this Gilmore deal?  Wondered if any one liked or hated...feedback anyone??

I didn't watch...bad timing for me.  May watch On Demand sometime.   

Honored Contributor

I didn't know they were on.  Were they on cable?

Trusted Contributor

Hi @corita ! UPTV has shown 153 hours of Gilmore Girls (seasons 1-7), including the (4 two hour episodes) 8 hours that were made for Netflix in 2016 over the past several days. The UPTV binge ended today.  The CW also aired the 8 hours, over 4 nights, which I guess is what you are referring to. 

I had never watched this show. Since I have been sick with seasonal allergies/migraines the past couple of days, I binged the series. I think I watched about 120 of the 153 total hours and still have the last 8 hours to watch on DVR.  

I cannot comment on the 8 hours but I did enjoy the series. It sure helped keep my mind off of my migraine!

Honored Contributor

I loved the series, and was deeply disappointed in the Netflix special. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

The Year in the LIfe movies are on UPN right now and the CW showed them Monday through Thursday of last week. Personally, I thought they were more than just a little disappointing compared to the series. I'd also note that the hour long format better suited Gilmore Girls than did two hour movies.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Just watched episode 1 of the year in the life ..was less than impressed, hoping the next three will be better.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Valued Contributor

I enjoyed the original series. I had not seen the four shows that Netflix put together a few yrs ago until this week. 

I will say I was not impressed. The whole show was off from how it was.

Trusted Contributor

It was boring. I was needlepointing while watch. What I don't understand is the end of the fourth episode had the same ending as the show I remember watching on Netflix. I won't say what as not every one has watched. 

Respected Contributor

I specifically signed up with Netflix back in 2016 when I heard that they were doing a revival of the Gilmore Girls. I was - still am - a big fan of the original series. 

Gilmore Girls - A Year in The Life ..... what a HUGE disappointment.

There was nothing I liked about the revival. The very worst thing about it was

Spoiler

how much Rory changed. No job, no place to live, cheating on her boyfriend (who she barely remembers), having a one night stand (with the Wookie!!) and hooking up with the engaged Logan. UGH!

Don't even get me started on that ridiculous musical!!

To think that Rory's last words in the revival were always intended to be the last words in the original series. Because of a contract dispute, Amy Sherman-Palladino and her husband, Daniel, left after season 6 - so the ending they envisioned never happened. We had to wait for the revival to see what they originally planned for Rory - and I hated it. HATED.IT.

I will continue to watch, and enjoy, the original series and try to forget this revival show was even made. 

Super Contributor

loved the original.....thought the 4 episodes of In The Life of could have been a 2 hour movie

Too Much of the Grocer. Taylor..Lorelie was still acting like a spoiled child...it gets tiresome when she is obiviously pushing 60..

Wanted more of Rorys life...the bright spot was Emily...while parts of her struggle were silly...was nice to see her growth...and she is the BEST actress on the show...

DID NOT Like the ending...especially since there arent any plans to have the story continued....