Honored Contributor

Re: Gilda Radner - New Year's Day

I did watch. I too loved Gilda...Gene was a perfect match for her. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique Right back at you!

I was in a rush when I originally answered you. I still watch but it's sooooo boring and as always predictable, that now I tape the shows and watch them at the end of the week. It doesn't take too long to go through all 5 episodes. Every so often, I go through your posts. They're great to read, as always. Have a great year and only good things for you this year! See you around😉

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

I felt so bad for Gene Wilder, he appeared to love her so deeply.

Honored Contributor

I watched it, I had forgotten how funny Gilda was and the wonderful characters she brought to us. It was nice she eventually found love and happiness with Gene if only for a limited time. She would have made a great mother, she seemed to love children, sad about her miscarriage. Gilda left us way too soon, she, Lorraine, and Jane were trailblazers for all the funny females that followed, starting on SNL.

Honored Contributor

I was so tired that I missed about the last 25 minutes, hope I can catch it. I don't have DVR.

She was so sweet, and it showed how her humor came from pain in her life. About her weight and about being made fun of for that. And how her mother handled it. Most comedians go into it because of personal pain.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I loved seeing Gilda (and her characters) again.  Thought it was well done, showing remembrances of her early years by her family and work comrades.

What a smile and vibrancy!

I knew she had dated Bill Murray, but was suprised at all the others - Dan Ackroyd, Harold Ramis, Brian Doyle Murray and Martin Short.  But I guess it's not unlike us regular people dating co-workers, LOL

I sincerely hope she is at peace now and really feels how much she was loved.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Really amazing when you think how many stars came from just that one group.

Remember the scene where they were all in audition and the leader said 

only two people in this group will actually make it?  No, boy was he wrong, but then how could anyone imagine so much talent in one place?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I was so tired that I missed about the last 25 minutes, hope I can catch it. I don't have DVR.

She was so sweet, and it showed how her humor came from pain in her life. About her weight and about being made fun of for that. And how her mother handled it. Most comedians go into it because of personal pain.

@Greeneyedlady21  CNN is rerunning the show on Saturday at 9:00 PM.