Respected Contributor

In cleaning out drawers, I found 4 movie tickets "gift cards."

In checking the theatre's on-line web site, there is no value to these cards.  Calling the number on the cards doesn't do anything.  The recording wants the number on the cards and PIN number. There is no PIN number on any of the cards.   I, nor anyone else have ever used them.  My question is how can I find out what their values are.  Here's more info if anyone can help.

2 Rave Motion Pictures Director's tickets.  Gold - Unrestricted.  Rave refers me to Cinemark which I have checked.

2 Cinemark Platinum Supersaver tickets.  Tickets say they are prepaid admission tickets.

It would be great if anyone can help.

Honored Contributor

Is there an area of the card that needs to be 'scratched off' to reveal a PIN number?  Some store gift cards have this area.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter There's a silver circle on the front of the Rave cards.  Looks like a hologram to me, but nothing saying to scratch off.  I don't want to invalidate the cards by doing that.  I'm sure once the theatres open, I could always inquire there.  

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker -are these actual plastic gift cards or more like paper tickets?

when I worked, our company used to buy movie tickets in bulk and sell them to us at a discount.  It was a wonderful thing.

The reason I ask is that you mentioned something about "gold tickets" or something like that.  The tickets that we used to buy, AMC, were gold tickets.  We also bought Regal tickets. All we had to do is go to the box office and use those gold tickets as the "money" for real admission tickets. Ours had no expiration dates and there were no PINs as they weren't plastic gift cards. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Does one looks anything like this?  If so, it's like what I was describing.  You would just exchange it for an actual ticket at the box office. 

4D3BF7FF-06F1-4BEB-B8E7-7D5D58994659.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh @deepwaterdotter   Thank you both for your replies.  The more I think about the tickets, I can remember my niece, who gave us the cards, saying they were just like using money at the box office.  Guess I've been in the house too long to remember certain things.  Thank goodness it's "sort of" getting back to normal -- whatever that means.  Thanks again.