Regular Contributor

Gidget maraton on Antenna tv

Who didn't want to be Gidget bavk in 1965??  She was so cute, had the cutest clothes, and beautiful shiny hair, and a cute little figure. Everyone in that era wanted to be her!

Honored Contributor

Re: Gidget maraton on Antenna tv

I would like to be Sally Fields when she was more mature and dating Burt Reynolds.

Honored Contributor

my favorite gidget was sandra dee.

the tv series is cute though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

So where is poster @gidgetgh  on this thread?

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  She's probably watching the marathon!

They  are cute shows...fun to go back in time for a bit.  

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@Pearlee  She's probably watching the marathon!

They  are cute shows...fun to go back in time for a bit.  

@alicedee  LOL!  Smiley Happy

Although I've seen the Sandra Dee films (when they first came out) and used to watch Sally Fields' show, I never really "got into" the Gidget thing.   So I didn't esp. want to be her.   I thought the films and show were only "OK" but can understand why they were so popular.

Respected Contributor

Watched a couple of episodes.  It's a cute show .  I liked the Lawrence home.  And her father is a sweetheart.

Respected Contributor

That's exactly the way I dressed in high school........very preppy!!  I loved wearing winter bermudas with knee socks in the fall and early winter. 

Respected Contributor

@HULAGIRL   Your post reminded me of one of my favorite outfits back in high school....brown and cream tweed bermudas that I wore with a brown sweater, knee socks and loafers.  I loved that outfit!

Gidget did have cute clothes...I saw a lot of things that reminded me of stuff my sisters and I used to wear.

Honored Contributor

I saw a few of the episodes, I noticed a very young Barbara Hershey and Bonnie Franklin as 2 of Gidget's friends. Bonnie Franklin had short very dark hair.