Honored Contributor

Today 7/3 on ME TV from noon to 5 ET.  TV series with Sally Field. 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Thank you, she was so cute as Gidget.  When I look at some of the shows now I notice how thin some of these girls were.  If they look that thin on tv I wonder just how much they weighed.  I know back then their weight was a big deal.  The Facts of Life Girls have talked about it. Anyway I enjoy Gidget a nice fun show.

The good thing about these shows you can let your kids watch them now and you don't have to worry about what the ratings are.  What I have noticed that if you introduce these shows to kids now they do enjoy them.  When my son was young I introduced him to Bewitched he really enjoyed all the characters.  My grand kids love Sister Sister with Mowry twins. Just clean, positive, funny entertainment.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I loved this show but I don't think we get ME TV.

Honored Contributor

They had an episode with a very young Daniel J Travanti, billed then as Dan Travanty. 

Trusted Contributor

Cute in-joke:  Show Director was William Asher, Elizabeth Montgomery's then husband.  In the background of Gidget's bedroom is a Bewitched doll...it's s dressed in red, not black.

Also fun to see a young Peter E. Deuel as her brother in law... I loved him as Pete Duel in Alias Smith & Jones (in which Sally guest starred).  Gone far too soon, 50 years ago now!

Honored Contributor

I also think a very young Richard Dreyfuss was in at least one episode. 

Honored Contributor

@KLevineFan wrote:

Cute in-joke:  Show Director was William Asher, Elizabeth Montgomery's then husband.  In the background of Gidget's bedroom is a Bewitched doll...it's s dressed in red, not black.

Also fun to see a young Peter E. Deuel as her brother in law... I loved him as Pete Duel in Alias Smith & Jones (in which Sally guest starred).  Gone far too soon, 50 years ago now!

Yes, I remeber he shot himself in the head with his girlfriend in the house.