Valued Contributor

Ghost Adventures New Season Features Joe Exotic's Zoo

Titled 'Ghost Adventures: Horror at Joe Exotic Zoo' premieres Thursday, October 29 on the Travel Channel. 

I thought this tangled mess was over with, but here comes another chapter. I love Ghost Adventures, and saw it advertised on the Travel Channel today. Per Zac Bagans, "This investigation was wild from beginning to end. We went into it thinking we knew a little about this story already, but there were so many surprises at every turn."

I'll be watching.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ghost Adventures New Season Features Joe Exotic's Zoo

I won't watch anything to do with 'Joe Exotic', don't forget that part of the reason he's in prison (besides hiring a hit man to kill his rival, Carol Baskin) is his horrific treatment and deaths of many big cats in his 'zoo'.

That's why all of his cats were removed by authorities.

He doesn't deserve any of this 'Joe Exotic' attention he's getting, plus he's now making money in prison by selling clothing items with his name/logo on them.

Shameful and disgusting, IMHO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live near a big cat sanctuary and they have gotten cats from Joe Exotic and Tim Stark. To see and hear how those animals were treated is heartbreaking. I get tears in my eyes.

In September they got eight cats from Tim Stark. One of the lions was in such bad shape they couldn't even do a health exam until he turned a corner and built up some strength. Last week, when we were there I couldn't believe how thin he was and they said he has been steadily gaining weight since he arrived. 

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris 

I agree, the mistreatment and neglect of these poor animals was horrific and the so called 'zoo' and the persons involved in this abuse should not be given publicity, popularity and be allowed to profit from their repulsive actions.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I enjoy a lot of paranormal programming even though I don't really believe most of it, but never really cared for Ghost Adventures, just too over the top.  Personally, I think both Joe AND Carol belong behind bars.  Needless to say, I won't be watching.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, didn't watch Tiger King because of animal abuse and won't watch this. It's disgusting. I usually like Ghost Adventures but them capatilizaing on a story that sensationalizes animal cruelty is revolting. 

Honored Contributor

Crimes against nature are the worst kinds of crimes. That whole bunch of people who were involved with JE and that woman Carol and her dead ex are all guilty in my book. I say:  Hey Joe, now how does it feel to be inside of a cage? 

Respected Contributor

It's a location, like a hundred and one different locations. I doubt anyone will be getting a sympathetic editing. There will be talk of gloom and doom and negative energy. That said, I think Zac is a hoot. 

Esteemed Contributor

I predict that Zac and the guys will freak out over capturing a voice, and that Zac will send Aaron in to a dark, creepy place all by himself.

As far as the location, it's just a place.

What I find interesting is people won't watch this show because they don't want JE  to garner any more attention, yet they are oh so willing to watch anything and everything having to do with a famous murderer.

Attention is attention is attention, whether the person is JE, a woman murders her ex-husband and his new wife, or someone who has gone on a killing spree.

By watching shows about those people, you are also giving them attention for their crimes too.

So, I find it hypocritical for a someon to say that by watching this episode of Ghost Adventures is giving JE attention and therefore they won't watch, yet they will devour any program about some other murderer, thereby giving that criminal attention.

And for the record, I am speaking in broad   generalities, and not about any specific person.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

You're making an awfully BIG assumption that "people" who won't watch this, watches other shows about murderers.

What is your insight based on, just curious.