Honored Contributor

Re: Getting bored with "This is us"....

@LoriLori... About the nails...

chrissy metz nail art wedding kate this is us

http://www.revelist.com/nails/this-is-us-nail-art/11998

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I have finished the second season, and seen enough.  I was super excited for this show to start, and slowly lost interest.  There isn't much I really enjoy on regular TV anymore, and was hopeful this would be "my" show!  I know many enjoy it, and that's great!

There is always this fall lineup for something new for me!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori... Not invested in who Kevin hooks up with... but it just seems that pairing him up has had several fits and starts, which reads, to me, as though the writers were not so seamlessly changing directions... Hmmm, I wonder how that flies with the show runner's apparent statements that the entire series has been mapped out from beginning to end... As for Sophie being pregnant IRL, well, there are work-arounds... They've been employing then on soaps (which this is...) for years... And, had they been commited to that path, there could always have been a recast... Nope, I think I'll stick with my theory that they really didn't know where they wanted to go with him and kept changing their minds... Any way you slice it, not a big deal for me since I've given up the ghost... Literally...

Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@stevieb, the nails are garish and creepy and represent everything bad about the show. 

As for Sophie, the actress Janet Montgomery has done a ton of work since she was last seen so maybe she didn't want to come back.  Night-time dramas can't recast like a soap.  Or maybe they never meant Sophie to be seen again, maybe her pregnancy had nothing to do with it, because she said Kevin not again.  

Before the renewal they would have had to present completed scripts to the network covering a year, maybe two.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb   Justin was in "A Bad Moms Christmas"  and Sterling was in both "Marshall," in which he had a significant role, and "Black Panther", in which his role was relatively small but pivotal to the plot. I believe those additions to their respective resumes should be relevant to their salary negotiations. I'm not aware of any of the other characters who have had movie roles during this tv season [9/17 - 3/18] but if anyone knows of one, please enlighten me.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique, They have all had movie roles and tv roles and even in Milo's case long-term series roles (Gilmore Girls, Heroes), Mandy's had hit records and a ton of roles -- Sterling's work is such a cut above any of the others, he's in a class by himself and hope he gets paid like that.

It's complicated by the fact that Milo and Mandy are in it so much more than Sterling, Kevin and Chrissy but it shouldn't matter.  This isn't like Friends or Big Bang Theory where it's the same people on screen every episode and the casts banded together to get huge raises and won. 

Even though we don't see him as much as Milo and Mandy, Sterling deserves the most money and I hope he gets it!  

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori   I thought about that and realized most of them had significant things on their resumes so I edited my post to say "during this tv season [9/17 - 3/18]".

Agree with you about Sterling. Hope he gets it also.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique @LoriLori We'll have to agree to disagree, which we always do nicely, about Sterling deserving the highest compensation... 

Smiley Wink