Honored Contributor

Re: Getting bored with "This is us"....

I understand the principal behind what they say they are doing and why they say they are doing it.

I also understand how important chemistry is (they've posted over and over how much chemistry there was when putting them together.  Not romantic chemistry, there are many kinds of chemistry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17wrote:

@chicletwrote:

I must admit I get tired of shows easily.  I would love to have a husband like Jack but enough already.  I know he is the best husband in the world,  Kate is insecure about her weight,  the brothers have their problems.  It is hard to be sympathetic to the problems of Kate and her brothers when they had the best parents in the world.....I think I am done....

I have to admit...i am right there with you...wondering whether or not to keep up with this show...

i do like the actors, characters......but it is getting so depressing.......everytime they build up to something positive happening to a character they take it away with some disaster.....We all have to live with nightmares in our lives....just not sure if i want to watch that happening on a tv show week after week....animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif

@kelsey17

It's so formulated like so much of today's television.....reminds me of the home improvement shows....a couple buys a home and are on a tight budget and low and behold---DISASTER STRIKES---they come across a defect that will take most of their budget--"OH MY"! ---every viewer knew what was coming.....same thing with THIS IS US!!!!   Besides theres enough depressing things and sadness happening in the real world, I dont want it in my entertainment.....And I hate all these reality shows too....TV just stinks that's why overall viewership is down............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I dropped out sometime in season 1.  Too much angst for me.

I can read all the revelations on the internet without having to wade through the angst.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I can understand, as I sometimes get bored with a show and as soon as I hit that wall I'm OUT.   Sometimes I'm watching something and it seems fine until one second that it loses me and I check out.  I've had that happen with so many shows over the years.  Smiley Happy

I still like this show and think it's pretty well done.   But I didn't get caught up anguishing over how Jack died and all that stuff.  I just watch the show as it goes.  

There is a large thread here about this show that used to be a fun thread but then it seemed like threadcrapping took over and it's just a big bash fest.  Now, I discuss the show in places other than this board where you don't have to deal with people who hate it like red-hot hatred, yet keep watching and complaining.  hehe - yeah, it's like that there now.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbuttwrote:

I can understand, as I sometimes get bored with a show and as soon as I hit that wall I'm OUT.   Sometimes I'm watching something and it seems fine until one second that it loses me and I check out.  I've had that happen with so many shows over the years.  Smiley Happy

I still like this show and think it's pretty well done.   But I didn't get caught up anguishing over how Jack died and all that stuff.  I just watch the show as it goes.  

There is a large thread here about this show that used to be a fun thread but then it seemed like threadcrapping took over and it's just a big bash fest.  Now, I discuss the show in places other than this board where you don't have to deal with people who hate it like red-hot hatred, yet keep watching and complaining.  hehe - yeah, it's like that there now.

I know exactly what you mean @chickenbutt.  Those people have ruined that thread for me.  I don't understand why they're still watching the show when they feel that way about it.  If they've quit watching the show I don't understand why they post on that thread either.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I'm so sorry to read all this negativism about This is Us. I haven't stopped loving this show since the first episode.

Those of you who think now that Jack is dead, the show will change, do you realize that he's been dead for a very long time? Even though he's being shown as a younger man, he's still dead. They will continue to have flashbacks of their younger lives with Jack. That's what I love so much about this show. They go back and forth and you keep peeling off more layers of their lives to reveal what's beneath.

I have absolute faith in these writers. I believe they know exactly what they're doing, and won't succumb to cheap theatrics.

That being said, I hope Kevin doesn't get back with Sophie. It's time he leaves her alone and finds a new love in his life.

To those of you who still have positive thoughts of the show and enjoy reading others who feel the same, try the Facebook page "This is Us Fans."  Lots of positive discussions, although there are also negatives. It's very well run and not much (or any) snark.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunalawrote:

Wow, I'm so sorry to read all this negativism about This is Us. I haven't stopped loving this show since the first episode.

Those of you who think now that Jack is dead, the show will change, do you realize that he's been dead for a very long time? Even though he's being shown as a younger man, he's still dead. They will continue to have flashbacks of their younger lives with Jack. That's what I love so much about this show. They go back and forth and you keep peeling off more layers of their lives to reveal what's beneath.

I have absolute faith in these writers. I believe they know exactly what they're doing, and won't succumb to cheap theatrics.

That being said, I hope Kevin doesn't get back with Sophie. It's time he leaves her alone and finds a new love in his life.

To those of you who still have positive thoughts of the show and enjoy reading others who feel the same, try the Facebook page "This is Us Fans."  Lots of positive discussions, although there are also negatives. It's very well run and not much (or any) snark.

@sunala - It's times like these I wish I were on Facebook! I agree with almost everything you've said. As one of the posters on the "spoilers" thread, I think the show has so much more interesting plot lines to come. The creator always said they had the basic show sketched out from beginning to end. He does like to "toy" with us, but that's OK with me. I enjoy finding out what I can, and then watching it unfold on the show. The show blew me away with the first episode and I've been a fan ever since. It's my guilty pleasure! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-momwrote:

@sunalawrote:

@sunala - It's times like these I wish I were on Facebook! I agree with almost everything you've said. As one of the posters on the "spoilers" thread, I think the show has so much more interesting plot lines to come. The creator always said they had the basic show sketched out from beginning to end. He does like to "toy" with us, but that's OK with me. I enjoy finding out what I can, and then watching it unfold on the show. The show blew me away with the first episode and I've been a fan ever since. It's my guilty pleasure! Smiley Happy

hi @beach-mom - aww I'm sorry you're not on Facebook. I really think you'd enjoy the discussions they have. You might try googling the show and see if there are any other discussion groups you could read or perhaps join. I love to read other's opinions about shows I enjoy. I guess that's why I hang out here so much!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I'm still plugging along with this show. I dont watch any network tv but my friend was aghast that I wasn't watching "This is Us" and I have to watch it. I binge watched it last season and was up-to-date. It moves at a snails pace!! Nothing happens in each episode until the last 5 minutes! Randall and his family drives me nuts! I'm still plugging along....

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@NickNackwrote:

@chickenbuttwrote:

I know exactly what you mean @chickenbutt.  Those people have ruined that thread for me.  I don't understand why they're still watching the show when they feel that way about it.  If they've quit watching the show I don't understand why they post on that thread either.

So many threads here are ruined.  It's difficult to have any type of discussion on any show any more.  Like others, I post on Facebook fan pages.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN