Respected Contributor

Re: Get a Room With Carson & Thom

i did crack more than one smile during the new show - i find Carson K very funny, and spontaneously so.  he also loves horses as i do - so i am sure he is a good man!

Respected Contributor

Thoms sense of style may play well in NYC but not middle America. His ideas are not mainstream in my opinion. Gold wall paper ? Ridiculous.
Respected Contributor

I watched the show and wasn't fond of it. It felt too scripted to me, as it did to a previous poster. I also wasn't fond of Thom's sense of style. I thought the large area he decorated for the family was overdone; far too busy with lots of stuff, lacking structure, lacking a true style, and lacking continuity. The "grotto" area IMO seemed disorganized and without an overall statement. To me, it seemed as though he was just filling up the spaces. The room he did for the "psychic reader" was over-the-top IMO. It reminded me of a Klimpt painting once it was finished, but living in that intense decorative style on a daily basis could get to be a bit much. And, I didn't understand her $5,000 budget in a beautiful building like that. The whole budget thing felt incomplete because there was no breakdown on it. I guess I was expecting more than what I saw as antics and ho-hum style.

Respected Contributor

wow i had no problems except for Carson with older house, I felt the huge house was done great.wish my backyard looked liked that I wish 

Respected Contributor

Saw Episode 2 last night and Carson is obviously learning on the fly. He is looking like a novice. Thom sense of style is cosmopolitan and doesn't appeal to Middle America. I also find some of the banter bordering on sexual harrasment.
Respected Contributor

Im finding Carson completely in over his head. Thom seems to be the calmer of the two but frankly I would not hire either of these men as designers. Their taste is too cosmopolitan.