Honored Contributor

Congrats, @gardenman!  Now if you get in a post Super Bowl slump just let us know and we'll try and entertain you with...???   cute videos?  witty memes?  knock-knock jokes?  Whatever it takes, Gardengirls will get 'er done!

Honored Contributor

The Super Bowl may be done, but Celebrity Big Brother starts Wednesday, the Winter Olympics start Thursday, then NASCAR starts up shortly, so there are lots of entertainment options out there for me. I'm being kept pretty busy with med visits too. My Accredo nurse comes tomorrow to change the dressing on my PICC line, the visiting nurse will likely drop by tomorrow also. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I see the physical therapist. My neighbor drops by most days to check on me. I'm being kept busy. I'm looking forward to CBB on Wednesday and the Olympics on Thursday.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman, fabulous timing!  Is BB running on broadcast or just All Access?  How will you take your eyes off BB to watch the Olympics???

I'm not watching BB but looking forward to your posts!  And hopefully by the end of both of those you will be feeling better and maybe start writing again but some of us I'm sure will try and make sure you feel our support.  It's okay to say if you get low or frustrated. 

I had a two-week hospitalization, a long recuperation and could not leave the house for two months and then only to go to the doctors, and my pals on this forum were at times, honestly, the wind beneath my wings.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori

Celebrity BB will be on CBS, and just the live feeds will be on All Access.

I never stop writing. I've got a shortish YA story titled "Josh Saves the Planet" that I'll be publishing in the next week or so. I think it's a neat little story, but I haven't been thrilled with the ending, but I'm going to toss it out there at as low a price as I can offer it and we'll see what happens. (I'm being nagged by several readers to get it out, so I'll get it out.)

I've had enough issues like this in my life that I've largely learned how to handle the ups and downs. If you've never been sick a day in your life and something like this hits you, it's harder, but this is kind of "ho-hum, another injury" to me.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Hello @gardenman!  I am so glad to see you posting more and it sounds like you are improving daily!!  I got a kick out of the kitties' water bowl that could attack Callie if she gets near it!!

I am glad your Eagles won, congrats! 

Wow, I had to cringe over your telling us about your fall.  I am so sorry that happened to you.

Keep up the healing, and continue to be careful, and continue to post as to how you are doing each day!

Suzie

Honored Contributor

Here's a not so great shot of Callie continuing to drink out of the fish tank rather than her relocated water dish. She's a little less paranoid around her relocated water dish, but she's not drinking out of it yet.

0207180704.jpg

I'm keeping the tank topped off to make it easier for her. She's a quirky little cat on occasion.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

hope you and callie are doing good.   

Honored Contributor

So far, so good. Therapy is going well. My strength and endurance are much, much better. There's still that annoying alignment issue, but I'll find out about that on the 28th. Callie is doing very well. She's back to normal, but still refusing to drink out of anything but the fish tank. That's not a huge problem though. She's nagging to be groomed whenever she's awake, so that's normal for her. She's still a little freaked out by the crutches, but as long as I'm sitting, she's back to normal. Lizzie, my older grey cat, has been pretty much back to normal since I got back home. Once she realized I could still dispense her Whiskas cat treats, she's been fine. She views me as a treat dispenser more than anything, so as long as I can still do that, she's happy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the update on you & the kitties. Glad therapy is helping. You just need to do as they say as they know what they are doing, at least the ones I had did. Hope the alignment issue is an easy fix,

Honored Contributor

Many cats don't like their water next to their food and won't drink it.

Main Coon cats never met water they didn't like no matter it's location. Unfortunately, they like to play in it so it's necessary to have a mop handy.