Honored Contributor

Re: Get Tyra Off the Stage!!!

Nick was often wearing wild things and was just as outrageous with the contestants and talking, talking, talking and a huge presence hogging the attention at times.  I surprisingly like Tyra on AGT.  I would think they would want someone outgoing and willing to be a little wild at times.  It would become boring with a more subdued host.  For me that is what attracts me to the show and I would get bored without outspoken judges or host.  I did not like David H as judge nor did I like Sharon O and the other English guy that was on when she was as well as the "shock jock".  I didn't watch regularly then.  

Honored Contributor

I like Tyra!  I didn't think I would but I think she does a great job.  She is gorgeous and has those curves and shows them off --- why not???  I absolutely loved the black jump suit with the sequinned bow accent she recetly had on.  It was outstanding and she looked amazing in it!  The show needs someone flamboyant and outgoing in that role and she fills the bill!

As for the judges, I never could stand Simon in the past, but he has really grown on me.  I think since he married and became a father, he is much more empathic and kind in many ways,  

I like Heidi the best.  She generally just speaks her mind.  Sometimes it might seem a bit harsh, but I think she genuninely is open and just says what she feels.

I like Howie and think he is funny very cute!

As for Mel --- she gets more and more obnoxious.  It's always ---- me, me, me!!! And there will be a talent that is really wonderful and she will always at the end have to say something really negative.  Oh, you did this really well ---- but.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Well I like them all.  I've always loved Simon going back to his American Idol days.  Howie, Mel B. and Heidi are fine as judges, as far as I'm concerned.  And I don't think there's anything wrong with Tyra -- she's just doing her job.  If she wasn't fun and chatty, she'd be quite boring.  I'm sure there is a "behind the scenes" person telling her how to act and what to say.  

I like Nick Cannon, too, but I think Tyra is just as good a host as him.  

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I sure miss Nick Carter, he and Ryan Seacrest are two of the best hosts there are.  Heidi and Mel B are not my favorite judges by any means.  I remember when they announced Howard Stern would be a judge and I was unhappy because I always found him very offensive, but he did a fantastic job as a judge.  Howie Mandell is beginning to be more negatively judgemental than he has ever been but I still like him.  We will just have to wait and see what changes, if any, will be made in the near future.

Do you mean Nick Canon? If you do, I really liked him. He was very funny.

Sorry, my bad.  I sure did mean Nick Canon. Can't believe I messed that up.  Smiley Embarassed

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Nick was often wearing wild things and was just as outrageous with the contestants and talking, talking, talking and a huge presence hogging the attention at times.  I surprisingly like Tyra on AGT.  I would think they would want someone outgoing and willing to be a little wild at times.  It would become boring with a more subdued host.  For me that is what attracts me to the show and I would get bored without outspoken judges or host.  I did not like David H as judge nor did I like Sharon O and the other English guy that was on when she was as well as the "shock jock".  I didn't watch regularly then.  

Do mean Piers Morgan?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam