Respected Contributor

Re: George's Wedding Invitations

That's a funny episode & I've thought about it too. I still mail a few checks to pay bills...my health insurance company can't get my CC linked to my acct & it's a pain paying over the phone with customer service, the trash company wants $5.00 to pay by phone & online but mailing a check is free & a few others that are billed once or twice a year. Mailing checks to pay bills isn't a "I can't  believe it" big deal.

Honored Contributor

You CAN get a papercut on your tongue from licking envelopes...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

My bills are all charged to my credit card ... and EARN points!  Credit card gets paid at the end of the month. 

Donations to various charities change from month-to-month.  They get checks.  

----------------------------------------------------

@teganslaw wrote:

You still mail checks? I only mail checks once in a great while. Everything else is done online. It's more convenient. I don't know of anyone who pays bills by mail.

BTW, I never saw that Seinfeld episode.

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

You still mail checks? I only mail checks once in a great while. Everything else is done online. It's more convenient. I don't know of anyone who pays bills by mail.

BTW, I never saw that Seinfeld episode.

Well, you don't know me, but I pay every bill by check. No problem to me at all.

Respected Contributor

I haven't licked an envelope since the pandemic either, but realize it was pretty gross even before then. I tear off a small piece of paper towel and make that wet. 

Years ago I had mono and was finally feeling well enough to get out of bed and address my Christmas cards.  I was almost finished when I thought I shouldn't have been licking these and sending mono germs to everyone I know 😲

Trusted Contributor

I am an "oldie" senior citizen and I still pay ALL my bills by writing and mailing checks.  I wet my fingers and seal the envelopes that way, instead of licking.  Because I, too, recall the episode of the lady dying from licking the glue of the envelopes!!  I've never forgot it!

Respected Contributor

i think he got cheap glue, on the envelopes that made her sick.

Honored Contributor

The invitation envelopes came with a toxic glue on the envelope seal. I have heard that Jason Alexander found the episode and story to be in very poor taste and not funny at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

@manny2 

This episode was on not long ago and I saw it...and laughed and laughed.

After George announced she was gone, I think they ended up saying...."well....let's get coffee" or something like that.

You could see his relief and he immediately calls Marisa Tomei to see if she is still interested in him and, of course, she hangs up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do remember it!  I stopped licking envelopes after that episode.  🤣