Respected Contributor

Not my place to judge his behavior. A great talent gone too soon. 

Honored Contributor

Such a gifted talent...I miss his music, but still play it at times.

Respected Contributor

I didn't remember that he had passed on Christmas Day, but I do remember being pretty shocked at the time.

He really was such a fabulous singer.  I wasn't his biggest fan but I have enjoyed seeing a lot of his performances on utube esp. when he performs 'Somebody to Love' w/Queen. 

We lost him all too soon.  RIP

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Re: George Michael

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

I lost respect for this man when he was caught by an undercover officer comitting a lewd act.  What kind of celebrity behaves this way ?

A human one.  I won't judge him and I won't judge you for your sins and short comings.

Super Contributor

I just read that his sister passed away suddenly on the third anniversary of his death. So sad to be the exact same date of Christmas day...

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50928067

Respected Contributor

@Reever   Having worked with lots of top names/bands  who I see are so well thought of on these boards - and deservedly so as they are great musicians/singers their talents superb - but - if you are working with them day and night wow would you be surprised some of the stuff we had to deal with and witness  - I could never disillusion their fans- nor would I - a very different world - George's faux pas very minor compared to some who are still performing.

The talents we worked were great and George was a lovely person, kind, giving, caring  and a wonderful performer.  Greatly missed.

Honored Contributor

George Michael's torch songs were so emotional and filled with feelings you couldn't help but feel yourself.  His voice was superb and despite his issues, his talent always stood out.    His voice like many others, will not be duplicated and it was a tragedy he passed so young.  I often play his CD"S and still love his music, he is a legend in the music world.

Honored Contributor

Just remembering.....

Any typo errors it's the iPad's fault

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

It always kills me that so many people are cruel to someone and then when they die.....they talk about how amazing and talented they were.

I’m sure it would have been nice for him to hear all of these words of praise while he was alive.

Esteemed Contributor

@Happy2BHere wrote:

I just read that his sister passed away suddenly on the third anniversary of his death. So sad to be the exact same date of Christmas day...

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50928067

I just saw this too.  He was 53, she was 55.