Esteemed Contributor

He passed away Wednesday at 94 years old.  I remember watching Route 66 with my parents as a child and still watch the reruns. I always thought he was so handsome.  May he rest in peace.

Valued Contributor

Re: George Maharis - Route 66

@twinsister Oh, no, my very first TV star crush. This is one of those "woo woo" things because I was thinking of him out of the blue late Tuesday night, found Route 66 on Tubi, and started streaming. 

Actor, singer, artist, and total dreamboat: Wishing him peace in this next phase of life's mystery. 

Honored Contributor

Seems like only yesterday he was young and wayv cool.  I can't even imagine him being in his 90s.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Rt.66 was a great show and I watched and enjoyed it when it aired.  Yes, George Maharis was a handsome guy and one of the reasons I liked that show, a good visual!!!!  I also love the theme song from RT. 66 and have it on a  CD.  I am sorry to hear of George's passing, may he be at peace with God.

Honored Contributor

George Maharis appearing in the Walt Disney Television via Getty... News Photo - Getty Images

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

The show was on in our house all the time. He was so handsome! 

Icon image

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@laluzdelmundo 

@twinsister 

I also had a terrible crush on him and remember thinking that I would somehow meet him some day.  Never happened.Cat LOL

It was an interesting, entertaining show that I never missed.  I had forgotten his character's name, Buz Murdoch.

Travel on, George. 

Respected Contributor

I had forgotten that he was one of the first celebrities to pose naked for Playgirl in July 1973, the magazine's second issue.

Trusted Contributor

Loved watching Route 66 with George Maharis and Martin Milner.  May they both rest in eternal peace.

Honored Contributor

I used to wonder why he didn't do more tv. He'd turn up once in a while on something, but not much-wonder what he's been doing all this time.