Honored Contributor

For anyone who hasn't seen his routine. (YouTube-CappyNJ) timeless classic. 

Brilliant! So much more than a comedian. Thanks! For the memories.⚘

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenityi love that and have watched it a couple of times over the years...may do it again now that you brought it up.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

We're huge George Carlin fans! We have a lot of his CD's.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Carlin was an astute observer and made us laugh at ourselves...true genius.

Thanks @Sweet_Serenity for the You Tube video.

Honored Contributor

I saw George Carlin in person about a month before he passed.  I always enjoyed him, but I felt something was off a bit.

When his routine was over, no one had any idea.  He just walked off of the stage and that was it.  He got a standing ovation, but never came back go see it.  The audience just stood there, not knowing if they should leave or not.

I thought it was strange at the time, but the poor man was probably not feeling well.

He sure was funny and quite the comic genius.  

Honored Contributor

I alwys enjoyed his humor, and watched him with pleasure. We were chalk and cheese but that didn't stop me from liking him

Honored Contributor

He was one of a kind.  I was always a fan.

Whenever I think of him I think of a time, around 30 years ago, when we had tickets to see him.

Well, on that day (must have been a weekend day), while living in this cute little duplex on a corner, we were sitting outside in the little yard with the guy who lived in the other part of the duplex.  More friends kept showing up and it turned into an impromptu party in that little yard.

We were having a great time but I, among others, reached my limit and was in no condition to go to the show that night so I missed it and never got to see him live.  

Honored Contributor

Another fan of George Carlin....

7 words you can't say on television & his version of the 10 Commandments are my 2 favorite "observations" of his.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Watched every TV performance and saw him live at the Valley Forge Music Theatre.

What a brilliant, observant comedian who connected with his audiences.  Heaven is enjoying him now!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

George Carlin is my all time favorite!  There is no blue food... Smiley Very Happy