Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I enjoyed this series, too. I appreciated the great acting and that it was set in such an interesting time period. My only issue was that I found the on again/off again romantic relationship to be a little frustrating. I felt bad that Lister kept getting jerked around by Miss Walker. I also felt like Miss Walker snapped out of it rather abruptly and conveniently to tie everything up for the season finale. 

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

I also felt like Miss Walker snapped out of it rather abruptly and conveniently to tie everything up for the season finale. 

I was confused.gif by that too!  Walker was a depressive zombie for 5-6 months.  After an "afternoon" of serious chit-chat w/her sister & a letter sent to Walker's relatives that she was coming home......in a matter of "weeks" she was cured!!!!!  Smiley LOL

Spoiler

According to historians, she & Walker argued alot after they got married.  Lister squandered Walker's fortune on the numerous renovations on Lister's estate, her coal company & travels which Walker never was happy about.  She hated traveling. 

Lister was a very poor business woman.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@MaryLamb wrote:

I also felt like Miss Walker snapped out of it rather abruptly and conveniently to tie everything up for the season finale. 

I was confused.gif by that too!  Walker was a depressive zombie for 5-6 months.  After an "afternoon" of serious chit-chat w/her sister & a letter sent to Walker's relatives that she was coming home......in a matter of "weeks" she was cured!!!!!  Smiley LOL

Spoiler

According to historians, she & Walker argued alot after they got married.  Lister squandered Walker's fortune on the numerous renovations on Lister's estate, her coal company & travels which Walker never was happy about.  She hated traveling. 

Lister was a very poor business woman.

@Mz iMac  That’s very interesting about how she dealt with finances in their marriage. In early episodes, she was characterized as a kind of genius in terms of science, culture and money, but as the series progressed, she became more vulnerable, and her faults showed through. It seems that the necessity of being a responsible accountant was eclipsed by her desire to travel and own a lavish home.

Valued Contributor

@chessylady @MaryLamb @Mz iMac @colliemom4 @chiclet 

Your thoughts about Season 2?

Honored Contributor

@Toots711  I am waiting for all the episodes to air so I can binge watch.  I think there are only going to be 5 episodes in season 2.

If you have already seen the 1st 4 episodes, is it worth the wait so far?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen it either.

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac 

I have watched episodes 1 and 2 of season 2. 
Time well spent. 
I especially like the interaction between Miss Walker's aunt and Miss Lister. Well matched!

Respected Contributor

I have not heard about Season 2. I am going to start it ASAP.