Honored Contributor

General Hospital ~ September Thread

Does anyone know what is going on with the Jason recast? Or with a possible Sam and Patrick pairing?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ September Thread

Happy Labor Day. On the GH blog it says that the recast is happening. Supposedly Jason and Robin flee the clinic and get into an accident resulting in the different face. Another lame story. Not sure about Sam and Patrick. I must say, for me, they are pushing the envelope with Brad and Lucas. I don't care that they are together, I just think it's a little too graphic.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info Grandma r. I think with the impending time change of this show. it may be just the push I need to stop watching for a while.

Happy Labor Day!

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Valued Contributor

Agree with the Brad and Lucas issue. For me, I can deal with the $ek$ scenes, but that is the only thing they seem to focus on with them. Lucas is a big boy, capable of holding down a job, yet all he does is scheme to get in bed. Talk about lack of character development.

I just am not convinced a recast of Jason will be a good thing. In my mind, there is only 1 Jason, and that is Steve Burton.

Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 grandma r said: Happy Labor Day. On the GH blog it says that the recast is happening. Supposedly Jason and Robin flee the clinic and get into an accident resulting in the different face. Another lame story. Not sure about Sam and Patrick. I must say, for me, they are pushing the envelope with Brad and Lucas. I don't care that they are together, I just think it's a little too graphic.

Personally, I just don't see any chemistry between Lucas and Brad. In fact, I don't see any chemistry between Brad and anyone. I applaud GH for venturing into territory that only cable has entered. It will take time to get used to, but I don't find it any more offensive than some of the hetero scenes, and most of those are more graphic.

Respected Contributor

Agree about the scenes with Bad and Lucas

Respected Contributor

On 9/1/2014 RainCityGirl said:
On 9/1/2014 grandma r said: Happy Labor Day. On the GH blog it says that the recast is happening. Supposedly Jason and Robin flee the clinic and get into an accident resulting in the different face. Another lame story. Not sure about Sam and Patrick. I must say, for me, they are pushing the envelope with Brad and Lucas. I don't care that they are together, I just think it's a little too graphic.

Personally, I just don't see any chemistry between Lucas and Brad. In fact, I don't see any chemistry between Brad and anyone. I applaud GH for venturing into territory that only cable has entered. It will take time to get used to, but I don't find it any more offensive than some of the hetero scenes, and most of those are more graphic.

Oltl did it too when it was on--same writing team

Super Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Ladybug724 said:

Who were the characters on OLTL? I don't remember that. Actually AMC I think did it before that, if I remember correctly, and it was way before Bianca.

Respected Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Ladybug724 said:

Who were the characters on OLTL? I don't remember that. Actually AMC I think did it before that, if I remember correctly, and it was way before Bianca.

Oh gosh, lets see if I can remember lol!! It was a rookie police officer and a lab tech with dark hair. I think the cop was named Oliver? When he was first introduced he was madly in love with Stacy, GiGi's sister but then when she rejected him he was then written differently and was in love with a lab tech. I don't remember the lab tech's name

Valued Contributor

It was Oliver Fish and Kyle Lewis, dubbed Kish, who were on OLTL.