Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ September 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

GH’s Michael Blake Kruse Lands a Primetime Gig!

Michelle Parkerton

Michael Blake Kruse

Another daytime star is headed for primetime! Michael Blake Kruse - the GH star who plays the PCPD’s rookie cop, Rory — announced on social media that he has landed a role in the NBC drama Chicago P.D.!

“It’s great to be working in the Midwest again with the incredible cast and crew of CHICAGO P.D.,” the GH newcomer, who grew up in Iowa, wrote in his posts on Instagram and Twitter. “So much to love about this city and show.”

No stranger to primetime, Kruse worked on several series like GREY’S ANATOMY, CRIMINAL MINDS, STRANGE ANGEL, and EVERYTHING’S FINE before making his daytime debut on GH earlier this year. While he didn’t divulge any details about the character he’ll be playing when his CHICAGO P.D. episode airs, Kruse did share a behind-the-scenes shot of District 21’s police station...Since Kruse didn’t mention anything in his post about parting ways with GH, we’re hoping that the CHICAGO P.D. appearance will just be a bonus opportunity for the charming actor’s fans to see him on TV!

source: soapsindepth

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

GH’s Michael Blake Kruse Lands a Primetime Gig!

Michelle Parkerton

Michael Blake Kruse

Another daytime star is headed for primetime! Michael Blake Kruse - the GH star who plays the PCPD’s rookie cop, Rory — announced on social media that he has landed a role in the NBC drama Chicago P.D.!

“It’s great to be working in the Midwest again with the incredible cast and crew of CHICAGO P.D.,” the GH newcomer, who grew up in Iowa, wrote in his posts on Instagram and Twitter. “So much to love about this city and show.”

He reminds me a bit of Jon Seda.  I wonder if his character will be somehow related to Antonio Dawson.

Esteemed Contributor

1. GH can drop Cody and his storyline right now today with no preamble at all and I would not care even a teensy bit. Poof!

2. I probably would not pay to watch, unless it was extremely cheap or on a platform I already have. Hopefully GH execs monitor how it goes for DOOL before they make such a decision. If Days bombs, GH might want to think twice.

I'm actually good with Chloe Lanier returning as Nelle, especially since it's short term. I loved her as Pat Spencer and then hated her almost immediately as Nelle. Conclusion, she is one fantastic actress.

Nelle never was boring. Quite the minx and because she is so evil, you know she will be taken down in the end (even if she comes back again and again).

She was so good, I began to enjoy her more and more even though I always was rooting against her of course, but enjoyed that too.

One of my favorite Nelle days was during the custody battle for Wiley when she dragged Julian into the courtroom as her new (forced) husband and was going on to the Judge about their "love" and the look on Julian's face, lol.
Esteemed Contributor

I'd like to lose two S/Ls:  Sasha with her drug problems and Elizabeth with her blacjkouts.

Read here that Brando is being recast, so maybe Sasha will be sent to rehab permanently.

This drawn out Finn and Elizabeth thing is just about getting on my nerves at this point! Enough with the dailt dose of these two.  Perhaps Elizabeth will be the one who stabbed Ava and she'll be banned from GH and sent to Y&R's Fairview!

I only do Netflix, so won't stream GH if that happens.  Maybe then, I'll get back to my pre-pandemic behavior - as best I can!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I'd like to lose two S/Ls:  Sasha with her drug problems and Elizabeth with her blacjkouts.

Read here that Brando is being recast, so maybe Sasha will be sent to rehab permanently...

@eddyandme   I read that also in last month's thread but haven't seen it anywhere else. When I searched all I found was the temporary recast from a couple of months ago. We'll see.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

Just out...

72C0F270-5902-4FE5-BD5A-A122026E125A.jpeg

~H~
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD wrote:

Just out...

72C0F270-5902-4FE5-BD5A-A122026E125A.jpeg

Unless it's preempted 🤣

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

Read here that Brando is being recast, so maybe Sasha will be sent to rehab permanently...

@eddyandme   I read that also in last month's thread but haven't seen it anywhere else. When I searched all I found was the temporary recast from a couple of months ago. We'll see.

@Tique  That's all I saw too and I wondered if perhaps that was what someone else saw and interpreted it as being current. I saw a bit of coming and going but nothing we haven't heard about and nothing about Brando.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

As a GH "lifer", (and even though I complain a lot about our soap's S/L's and writers), I would not go over to a streaming service.  I pay enough already and have channels that I do not want or watch.  So no to pay for stream.

As far as S/L's, I feel @stevieb summed it up best for me.  It would be which S/L to keep?  And at this point, it's a hard question to answer.

As for Dear Sweet....please (and I ask again), put a band aid on your forehead.  You look stupid walking around (in a hospital no less) with supposed dried blood.  Thank heavens you weren't one of my nurses!!

Honored Contributor

I'll say it again, there are SO many characters on this show that NONE of the storylines is well or fully developed because it's impossible to keep this many people on the show's plate and develop interesting or even competent story for them all. These writers simply aren't up to it and I'm not sure any would be. There are just too many characters to keep up with and to write for and it shows. They're consistently putting mediocre, half-baked storylines out there just to ensure all the characters get some screen time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...