Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ September 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

@corita wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Kabella 

Same here  and his "trying" to get through to Nina...sigh  will he get her to do the right thing?

I really hope so!

----------------

I doubt she will tell Sonny/Mike the real story.  She might suggest that they run away. That, too, crossed my mind. But with Peter and Jax there, who knows what will happen....

Here's what I predict will happen, Ninny Nina seeing Petey Pie, knowing Smike is on his way back to the Tan-O, breaks into song and sings to Petey...."My boyfriends back and there's gonna be trouble, hey la, hey la, my boyfriends back.  If I were you, I'd take a permanent vacation, hey la, hey la, my boyfriends back........"  Thoughts on that @stevieb ?

@mysoutherncomfort 

I want Peter and Mike to get into a fight..Peter knocks him out and he hits his head on floor hard  and when Mike wakes up...he will be Sonny  and have his memory back and asks where is he ,etc..

End of story and rushes home to see Carly and stop the wedding and the 5 Family from doing anything against him,eyc!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

I

@stevieb wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

I find Carly and Jason's apparent love story extremely awful and forced and the only reason I can think of that they are suddenly having them discover they are in love in a romantic way rather than the friendship is to start some sort of love triangle with Sonny when he comes back and that will be the new storyline.  Jason pining for her as she resumes her relationship with Sonny and her flashiing back non-stop to her kiss with Jason when she is with Sonny.  I would have been much happier if when this is wrapped up he could just happily try to resume his relationshiop with Britt.

@Wsmom  I wasn't fully on the Brit bandwagon and sort of like the Carly and Jason pairing but can only hope if we have to endure another triangle this one will at least pack some heat... Unlike the nonsense with Willow, I could see some potential to the serious fallout ensuing with 'the family' if Carly and Jason are tag teaming a Sonny who finally remembers who he is... Personally though, as noted, I'd be fine if they got rid of the Sonny character altogether. To me, he's not the show's headliner...

I'd be happy if they just get rid of the mob storyline altogether. It has been done to death, litterally and figuratively. I don't even know why a town like Port Charles would have 5 crime families in the first place. Seriously? I don't like Carly or Sonny, so I am fine with them being together and not messing up some other family. Jason and Britt weren't bad together, but Jason to me is a robot. I don't think he's a good actor, and I'm tired of his one constipated facial expression. Send Sonny back to PC and let him sell his ill gotten coffee. What does it have in it? Heroin? And Nina? Oh my what is there left to say. She has lost all contact with reality. Michele Stafford would have played this entirely differently.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

I really enjoyed today's show.

I realize this isn't a popular opinion, but I really do like the Mike/Nina pairing as well as the Jason/Carly pairing.  And, I wonder how it all turns out with thise foursome when all is told.  (I never watched this soap when Mike was Sonny so perhaps that makes a difference as to why I like this.)

Also thinking the Quartermanes will make peace with their newest family member because of little Leo (cute kid!).  

@eddyandme  I too am wondering if Leo might well be the tie that binds the family together with Austin.

Except, Leo is not a Quartermain. He's a Jerome. Did Ned adopt him?

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

I realize this isn't a popular opinion, but I really do like the Mike/Nina pairing as well as the Jason/Carly pairing.  And, I wonder how it all turns out with thise foursome when all is told.  (I never watched this soap when Mike was Sonny so perhaps that makes a difference as to why I like this.)

Also thinking the Quartermanes will make peace with their newest family member because of little Leo (cute kid!).  

@eddyandme  I too am wondering if Leo might well be the tie that binds the family together with Austin.

I have no idea but Ned is married to his mother and appears to care about Leo so perhaps any kindness shown toward the child might resonate with him, Michael and Monica at some level... It apparently would take a pound of ex lax to move Brook Lyn and quite frankly, she looks like she could use it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I

@stevieb wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

I find Carly and Jason's apparent love story extremely awful and forced and the only reason I can think of that they are suddenly having them discover they are in love in a romantic way rather than the friendship is to start some sort of love triangle with Sonny when he comes back and that will be the new storyline.  Jason pining for her as she resumes her relationship with Sonny and her flashiing back non-stop to her kiss with Jason when she is with Sonny.  I would have been much happier if when this is wrapped up he could just happily try to resume his relationshiop with Britt.

@Wsmom  I wasn't fully on the Brit bandwagon and sort of like the Carly and Jason pairing but can only hope if we have to endure another triangle this one will at least pack some heat... Unlike the nonsense with Willow, I could see some potential to the serious fallout ensuing with 'the family' if Carly and Jason are tag teaming a Sonny who finally remembers who he is... Personally though, as noted, I'd be fine if they got rid of the Sonny character altogether. To me, he's not the show's headliner...

I'd be happy if they just get rid of the mob storyline altogether. It has been done to death, litterally and figuratively. I don't even know why a town like Port Charles would have 5 crime families in the first place. Seriously? I don't like Carly or Sonny, so I am fine with them being together and not messing up some other family. Jason and Britt weren't bad together, but Jason to me is a robot. I don't think he's a good actor, and I'm tired of his one constipated facial expression. Send Sonny back to PC and let him sell his ill gotten coffee. What does it have in it? Heroin? And Nina? Oh my what is there left to say. She has lost all contact with reality. Michele Stafford would have played this entirely differently.

I don't necessarily disagree with most of what you've said here, though I do tend to find Carly makes for somewhat compelling viewing... I figure, though, that to a large extent we've got what we've got... As much as I'd like to see Sonny and the whole badly portrayed mob stuff kaput and the focus on actors other than Sonny and Jason, you know, who can actually act, it's probably not going to happen... As for this version of Nina, there are just no words for how ineffective this character and this portrayal have become... And no, its not just the flawed material they've given her to work with... There is nothing sympathetic about the Nina character at this point. She's pathetic, yes, but utterly unlikable... I've long felt she's headed for the proverbial padded cell...

Respected Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

@corita wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Kabella 

Same here  and his "trying" to get through to Nina...sigh  will he get her to do the right thing?

I really hope so!

----------------

I doubt she will tell Sonny/Mike the real story.  She might suggest that they run away. That, too, crossed my mind. But with Peter and Jax there, who knows what will happen....

Here's what I predict will happen, Ninny Nina seeing Petey Pie, knowing Smike is on his way back to the Tan-O, breaks into song and sings to Petey...."My boyfriends back and there's gonna be trouble, hey la, hey la, my boyfriends back.  If I were you, I'd take a permanent vacation, hey la, hey la, my boyfriends back........"  Thoughts on that @stevieb ?

@mysoutherncomfort 

I want Peter and Mike to get into a fight..Peter knocks him out and he hits his head on floor hard  and when Mike wakes up...he will be Sonny  and have his memory back and asks where is he ,etc..

End of story and rushes home to see Carly and stop the wedding and the 5 Family from doing anything against him,eyc!

Works for me very well.  Let's just add one more thing.  Jax comes in and realizes Sonny is Sonny and offers him a ride home to PC in Corp. jet.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

I have no idea but Ned is married to his mother and appears to care about Leo so perhaps any kindness shown toward the child might resonate with him, Michael and Monica at some level... It apparently would take a pound of ex lax to move Brook Lyn and quite frankly, she looks like she could use it...LOVE IT...vivid and so true.

Ned planned on adopting Leo, the adoption papers were ready to sign when Olivia found out about his drunken one-night stand with Alexis.  Along with Olivia/Ned sleeping in separate rooms (Good grief Livvie, how long does that go on?  Either fish or cut bait honey), seems Ned is still Leo's step-dad.

Trusted Contributor

I do not think that the story line of Ninny and Mike is going in a good direction of an interesting conclusion.  I did not like seeing Carly with Jason and her professing her love from years ago that all of a sudden she is feeling the same way now.  I saw the kiss and thought Oh No this is where this is going.  This story is as bad as the finale of Nell, it was like it just went off into the sunset with no ending at all.

Am not enjoying this at all.  Sorry but that is how I feel right now.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Kabella 

I really hope so!

----------------

@mysoutherncomfort  I can only hope if that comes to pass Peter will whip out his big gun and blow Ninny to kingdom come. Actually I wish that would happen anyway.

Honored Contributor

When the heck is Sonny going to remember who he is? This storyline has to be over 6 months now, I don't want Sonny with Nina, and I definitely don't want Jason with Carly ( I like this new and improved Britt I wouldn't mind Jason being with her).  Also how can a doctor (Finn) and a nurse (Liz) be so wrong about Peter? I think they both need to take some refresher medical courses.