Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ September 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

Watched IRT today and had to give my little grey cells time to rest.  Here are my ramblings:

1) Happy to say buh-bye to the Novak/Buscema family.  So now out of 5 families, there seems to be only 2 standing...Mrs. Wu and Carinthos/Morgan.  Mrs. Wu seems to have disavowed the RO in fed prison.

2) The reception:  Lovely...Carly throws her bouquet, Willow catches same, and then Monica gives them her take to "escape" the rest of the festivities.  Refresh my memory, but doesn't at least the bride/groom cut the cake before making their escape.

3)  Sonny, compliments of Jax who provides him with car/air service back to PC, goes directly to his home.  OK, that makes sense...but...what not a single guard to at least say, "Oh, Mr. C, welcome home, stammer, stammer we thought you were dead............something"  Sonny just walks into an unlocked house.

4)  Nina has to warn Maxie that Peter may be heading back to PC.  Hi there Jax, did you ever think to warn Carly, mother of your child, that Sonny is alive and headed back to the old homestead?  True, maybe message wouldn't be picked up, but a warning/heads up is in order.

5) And this one really gets to me...where are the bride/groom going to spend their wedding night....in the Corinthos home?  Yes, Jason has been living there, but c'mon, your wedding night is special, oh, how about the bridal suite at the MC where Sonny doesn't walk in on the two of you doing the horizontal tango.

6)  Finally, Valentin/Anna arrive in Nixon Falls....blah, blah, they still don't know Sonny is alive..OK.  Now are either one of them ever going to shoot Peter.  Either one...don't need a reason, just shoot for pity's sake.  He's wanted by every law enforcement agency known to humanity.  Let's not have a conversation, just aim and shoot....(aplogies to @stevieb).

Whew, going to take 5 and make dinner....

Esteemed Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort 

I totally agree with all that your stated...  especially # 3!!!  I kept thinking...some person - cook, maid, guard, child - will come into the room and be so shocked and dazed to see Mr. Sonny standing there!

Really hope that Nina gets what is coming to her. And really, really hope that Jax doesn't save her from Sonny's friends and family's fury!

Esteemed Contributor

No question Sonny and Mike were different people, wow. 

Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort  great synopsis of today's show.

As for the wedding night it looks like until earlier that day there were no plans for an official honeymoon, definitely no plans for them to end up in bed together. There should be some perks to being the co-owner of The Metro Court. Carly could have picked up the phone in the limo and talked to her people. The real reason they're at Casa Corinthos is because they didn't want to spend the night away from Donna and Avery. Stop laughing!

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All right naysayers, poke all the holes in this wedding you want, but this isn't remotely a first rodeo for either of these two... I suspect concerns about the cake, a heart shaped bed strewn with rose petals and so on simply weren't deemed important... Besides, while they might have decided they actually love each other, remember that this is still very much a business arrangement...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Tique wrote:

GH Spoilers: Valentin Reveals He Wants To Shoot Peter

Diane Brounstein

GH spoilers for Monday, reveal a woman on the spot, a surprising gift, one angry mother, and so much more.

GH Spoilers Highlights

Valentin still furious at having let Peter August wreak so much damage on those he cares about and tells Anna that he’s going to shoot Peter on sight. We’re pretty sure that she wants to do exactly the same, in an effort to achieve redemption for his hurting so many she cares about too. Who will win this prize?

Elsewhere in Nixon Falls, Nina isn’t feeling like a prize, that’s for sure, as she tries to make sense of her actions to an incredulous Sonny Corinthos. She tells Sonny that doctors say he can’t leave and he flips out on her, punching the wall, screaming, “Try and stop me.” Nope, looks like there’s no more Smike anywhere to be seen.

Wedding Without The Couple

Maxie holds down the fort as she and Damian Spinelli share a moment at the reception. She tells Austin that what she could use is a bride and groom but they are nowhere to be found. Later, Spinelli tells Brando and Diane that there was an explosion outside of the church.

That information must be kept on the down-low because Olivia sn’t the least bit upset about that — she is angry to learn that Ned Quartermaine has not been entirely honest with her. Does he finally open up about his fears with Leo’s recent behavior and his belief that Austin really is looking out for Leo?

Simply The Best

Willow and Michael share a moment, with her telling him he is truly the best man. One who may beg to differ is Harrison Chase, who drops off a gift for Monica Quartermaine but he runs into Brook Lynn instead. He tells BLQ he wouldn’t trade that time for anything. Are these two growing closer?

Hmmm... sounds like a lot of retread from Friday...

Really wish they'd move Valentin in some actual direction and give him some meaningful screen time based on a solid story... Tired of him and Anna both pontificating about Peter... I'm not Anna's biggest fan anyway but both of them need something to do other than whine about Peter... 

As for Ninny not feeling like a prize, oh the poor door. Of course, she's a prize. She's the booby prize...

I don't think Anna or Valentin will kill Peter -- Maxie will get him.

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Will Anna Finally Complete The Mission?

Diane Brounstein

GH spoilers for Tuesday, September 21, 2021

GH spoilers for Tuesday reveal spies in action, former adversaries growing closer, talk of the future, and so much more.

GH Spoilers Highlights

Anna has her gun trained on Peter, as millions of fans hope she will finally complete Dante Falconeri’s mission of killing the murderer. Anna tells him to just give her an excuse. Elsewhere, dying to get in on the action, Valentin races to help Anna. Will these two killers finally be able to do this righteous deed?

Maxie, fresh off the blood-curdling call she got from Nina alerting her to the probability of Peter coming after her, has to deal with an inquisitive Austin. Explaining why she’s a complete mess won’t be easy and the GH doc wants to know what any of this has to do with Bailey. Uh oh!

Sonny Came Home

Carly continues to repeat herself, letting Jason know she was in love with him back then and she’s in love with him now, confirming what fans of all of Jason’s other pairings have always known. Except that GH spoilers show an undead Sonny Corinthos bursting through the door. Will he catch them in the act?

On the other end of the excitement spectrum, their grown son Michael discusses the future with Willow. It’s a safe bet that these two, who have taken beating around the bush to a whole new level, will continue to confuse each other as both remain committed to being selfless and not making the other feel penned in.

Brothers In Flirting

Harrison and Brook Lynn grow closer. She admits to him that she has been struggling and she thinks he may have the answer. Elsewhere, his brother Hamilton Finn and Elizabeth try to make sense of everything that has happened between them.

Dr. Britt Westbourne appreciates Austin’s concern for Maxie. Does this mean that Maxie seeks out her sister-in-law so they keep each other safe from an angry Peter? Britt tells someone, possibly Terry or Liz that they both know what tonight was really about. She most likely knows they were trying to help her not think about Jason’s wedding. If she only knew what was ahead for him.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Is it just me or does it look like Anna got her eyes done?  They seem more "open" and it isn't the makeup, it is the eye, itself.  Maybe this has already been discussed and I missed it.

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Tique wrote:

GH Spoilers: Valentin Reveals He Wants To Shoot Peter

Diane Brounstein

GH spoilers for Monday, reveal a woman on the spot, a surprising gift, one angry mother, and so much more.

GH Spoilers Highlights

Valentin still furious at having let Peter August wreak so much damage on those he cares about and tells Anna that he’s going to shoot Peter on sight. We’re pretty sure that she wants to do exactly the same, in an effort to achieve redemption for his hurting so many she cares about too. Who will win this prize?

Elsewhere in Nixon Falls, Nina isn’t feeling like a prize, that’s for sure, as she tries to make sense of her actions to an incredulous Sonny Corinthos. She tells Sonny that doctors say he can’t leave and he flips out on her, punching the wall, screaming, “Try and stop me.” Nope, looks like there’s no more Smike anywhere to be seen.

Wedding Without The Couple

Maxie holds down the fort as she and Damian Spinelli share a moment at the reception. She tells Austin that what she could use is a bride and groom but they are nowhere to be found. Later, Spinelli tells Brando and Diane that there was an explosion outside of the church.

That information must be kept on the down-low because Olivia sn’t the least bit upset about that — she is angry to learn that Ned Quartermaine has not been entirely honest with her. Does he finally open up about his fears with Leo’s recent behavior and his belief that Austin really is looking out for Leo?

Simply The Best

Willow and Michael share a moment, with her telling him he is truly the best man. One who may beg to differ is Harrison Chase, who drops off a gift for Monica Quartermaine but he runs into Brook Lynn instead. He tells BLQ he wouldn’t trade that time for anything. Are these two growing closer?

Hmmm... sounds like a lot of retread from Friday...

Really wish they'd move Valentin in some actual direction and give him some meaningful screen time based on a solid story... Tired of him and Anna both pontificating about Peter... I'm not Anna's biggest fan anyway but both of them need something to do other than whine about Peter... 

As for Ninny not feeling like a prize, oh the poor door. Of course, she's a prize. She's the booby prize...

I don't think Anna or Valentin will kill Peter -- Maxie will get him.

I don't think Peter's going down at all. Seems unlikely they brought him back just for this. Of course, I could be wrong. Personally, I'm sending Peter a thank you gift for finally bringing an end to the Nixon Falls crud.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort 

I totally agree with all that your stated...  especially # 3!!!  I kept thinking...some person - cook, maid, guard, child - will come into the room and be so shocked and dazed to see Mr. Sonny standing there!

Really hope that Nina gets what is coming to her. And really, really hope that Jax doesn't save her from Sonny's friends and family's fury!

And speaking of an empty house, where is Avery?  Ava left her with Carly for her safety and protection.  Who's minding little Avery and little Donna while the newlyweds are (ahem) upstairs?