Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ September 2019 ~ Spoilers Included

Catching up on GH....regretably not a whole lot to catch up; incredibly boring IMO.  Do have one question:  Last I "heard" Andre Maddox was in Eithiopia, which I do believe is not "next door" to Port Chuckles.  OK, so Drew was taking a detour from Afganistan to locate Andre in Eithiopia.....Andre drives himself to the GH ER and collapses with 2 stab wounds to his stomach.  Did I MISS something?  Also, with everyone knowing who Andre is (not a stranger with stab wounds), shouldn't our intrepid Commish have put a guard at his door?  Oh, so Peter just walks right in....sits right down...baby MY mind is rolling on. LOL  Please clarify if I haven't interpreted this correctly.  Many thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

Catching up on GH....regretably not a whole lot to catch up; incredibly boring IMO.  Do have one question:  Last I "heard" Andre Maddox was in Eithiopia, which I do believe is not "next door" to Port Chuckles.  OK, so Drew was taking a detour from Afganistan to locate Andre in Eithiopia.....Andre drives himself to the GH ER and collapses with 2 stab wounds to his stomach.  Did I MISS something?  Also, with everyone knowing who Andre is (not a stranger with stab wounds), shouldn't our intrepid Commish have put a guard at his door?  Oh, so Peter just walks right in....sits right down...baby MY mind is rolling on. LOL  Please clarify if I haven't interpreted this correctly.  Many thanks in advance.

@mysoutherncomfort  What, no good? Why would it make sense to put a guard on his door? Do many of the storylines make much sense? These questions are simply answered, WRITERS! WRITERS or LACK OF INTELLIGENT  WRITERS! Let's wait and see but not counting on anything that makes much sense or believable.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort  when the show resumed on Tuesday Jordan received a call from Ephiphany. She immediately went to GH and entered a room where we see Andre. How Andre managed to drive himself to GH, stumble into the lobby, and then promptly collapse - well your guess is as good as mine. Another ludcricous, insulting idea brought to us by the esteemed writers of General Hospital.

Instead of Felicia warning Robert about looking for something on Peter, she should have been asking why he believes Peter is still rogue. Now that the Scorpio brothers are working together, one would hope they would stop discussing police matters in front of the general public. Finn already made that mistake which is why Peter knew about Drew's plans in the first place. Where is Valerie? She hasn't been around since she was guarding Jordan's door pre and post kidney surgery? I hope someone discovers Peter in Andre's room. My preference would be Robert but Jordan or Mac will do.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Will Peter Finish What He Started?

GH Spoilers for Thursday reveal that Peter really isn’t all Maxie thinks he is. Hello! Some of us already know that. Plus, Kim’s dilemma becomes more harmful and profound.

We’re not sure why Jordan and Mac decided Jason should be let in on patient confidentiality and police business, but we’ll go with it. Because that’s how Jason learns someone stabbed Andre and this obviously happened right in Port Charles. Perhaps they want to help him find out where his actual brother is rather than the guy who thinks he’s his brother. The wheels in Jason’s head start turning as he tries to figure out who wants Andre dead so bad. Will he walk in on Peter and figure it out immediately or will it take some time? And, will he be too late when he walks in? Will Andre survive this. Also, where the heck is Drew? Perhaps Peter has some answers…

Meanwhile, Elizabeth is not very shocked to learn what Cameron witnessed. She saw this one coming a mile away and tried to warn Julian. However, imagine her shock when she learns about Andre.

Over at Charlie’s, both Julian and Kim are freaking out about not selling the bar as quickly as they would have liked. Kim is determined to keep what sanity she might have left and Julian is determined to keep Kim.

Spoilers say that Alexis becomes suspicious that Kim and Dranco are keeping a secret and they sure are. Kim did seem awfully hedgy when they talked and Dranco looks like the cat that ate the canary. Why is any of this Alexis's business? Where is that fitness lady when you need her?

Back at the hospital, Liesl takes desperate measures after Valentin threatens that if he goes down with the Sasha secret, then so does she.

Finally, Carly is shocked and pretty dismayed when Sonny  suggests that they adopt Dev. In fact, he doesn’t just suggest it. He calls Diane right on over to make it happen without consulting his pregnant wife. Sure, adopt an undocumented teenager from Turkey while expecting a change-of-life-baby with spina bifida. Sonny sure does think ahead.

Esteemed Contributor

The writing gets dumber by the minute!!!!!

Yes, Andre was supposed to be in Ethiopia doing charitable work.  Drew was winging his way to find him.  Instead Andre drives himself to GH, with 2 abdominal stab wounds, and makes it inside.  Soooooo, how did he get back to the states?????  Or, did the writers forget about Ethiopia?????  Where is Drew???

I have never been a fan of the Franco actor.  He has had some very good scenes, here and there, during his time at GH.  However, this current version is ridiculous!!!!!  The acting is one dimensional at best.  The come and go accent is insulting.  And, he is just too full of himself as Drew2.

As for Elizabeth, this will be her submission reel for the Emmys.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mysoutherncomfort  @grandma r   it sounds like the two of you find it unbelievable that one could drive from Ethiopia to Port Charles. It reminds me of a certain female politician {I didn't name names so please don't censor me} who lived in Alaska and said she could see Russia from there. I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type. Ooh I needed that.

Respected Contributor

Drew said he was going to find Andre & put him on a plane & then continue on to deliver the money. So probably Andre arrived back & rented a car or used Drew's & was somehow stabbed by someone before reaching GH.

Honored Contributor

@Coquille @grandma r @Tique. I agree about the comment we were more tolerant.

Perhaps we were busy with our families.  I know there are a lot of others who watch this show and are very unhappy about the writing.

I can’t understand has the ear of these writers that so many people aren’t happy with the writing....yet they continue to ignore all of us.

Speaking for myself, I’ve never expected to gain knowledge from watching the show.....but I am tired of some of the total disregard for what the fans are asking for or even strongly suggesting.

I’m so leery of “connecting with....or investing in a character because, unlike the ‘ old day’ when we knew a character’s personality, etc., these days the character flips, them flops, then flips back.  Why should I care?

THAT is, in my opinion, the bread and butter of a soap...making the fans care about their favorite characters.

I’ve been watching these soaps like a bag of glucose..... dripping into a character while it’s flowing out at the other end.

Like the bag when it’s empty, the characters are becoming flat.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Coquille @grandma r @Tique. I agree about the comment we were more tolerant.

Perhaps we were busy with our families.  I know there are a lot of others who watch this show and are very unhappy about the writing.

I can’t understand has the ear of these writers that so many people aren’t happy with the writing....yet they continue to ignore all of us.

Speaking for myself, I’ve never expected to gain knowledge from watching the show.....but I am tired of some of the total disregard for what the fans are asking for or even strongly suggesting.

I’m so leery of “connecting with....or investing in a character because, unlike the ‘ old day’ when we knew a character’s personality, etc., these days the character flips, them flops, then flips back.  Why should I care?

THAT is, in my opinion, the bread and butter of a soap...making the fans care about their favorite characters.

I’ve been watching these soaps like a bag of glucose..... dripping into a character while it’s flowing out at the other end.

Like the bag when it’s empty, the characters are becoming flat.

@Annabellethecat66  All of your points are valid. I think most of us would agree with you. As far as being leery of connecting with a character (IMO ) one can't! No matter how talented an actor is, if the writing's bad the actor's lost. Plus, I think some of the actors are just coasting at this point or have been coasting for awhile. I think the writers have blown GH up and just dont care. As long as they're getting a paycheck, they're happy.

It's sad. Yet, we still watch. I've stated sooo many times, GH is our addiction. As bad as it has become, we can't give it up. I know I have said ok, today's my last show but the next day, my DVR is somehow still taping and somehow I still watch it!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@grandma r 

In ref. to Sonny adopting..the new "teen"  Dev....like you i have had this feeling from he was first  time he was shown shown on GH...that he" isn't" a teen!

From the way he acts ,etc, something is off!

If...i'm wrong....it's not the first time about of cast of GH      lol!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."