Trusted Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ September 2019 ~ Spoilers Included

@Tique wrote:

I watched Bob HeartAbishola, the new primetime show that Vernee Watson aka Aunt Stella is now on. I wanted to get a sense of whether the show will make it or not. It might. It's a little different. The lead male was also the lead in Mike and Molly so he has a following. The best thing going for it in my book is it's a half-hour show. It will provide a laugh or two each week so signing on for now with the hope that it doesn't get too silly or cutesy [Don't like cutesy. Guess I'm too old.].

Anyone else watch? Thoughts?

Ooh almost forgot - Ms Watson is not playing the crotchety, meddling woman we would see often on GH.

@TiqueI watched and thought it was quite charming. I'm not sure how they can make a whole series out of him pursuing her though. It will be interesting to watch how things progress. I thought the actress who played Abishola was very good but I am not familiar with her and don't know if she has been on any other shows.

So now we know where Aunt Stella has gotten too. lol It seems to me that I have seen her play a nurse behind a reception desk in another show too. Maybe Big Bang Theory or maybe even Mike and Molly-that would be kind of funny.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@CLHS68 wrote:

You know I was thinking Port Charles sure has a bad track record transporting prisoners first Nelle & now Shiloh. Maybe they needs gaurds following in a separate car. Another thought maybe Shiloh called the officer in Beechers Corner that was working for him & he helped him to escape.

@CLHS68   let's not limit their bad track record to transporting prisoners; they have a bad track record period. They still haven't figured out who pushed Liesl overboard. One more addition to the Unsolved Cases which we are all supposed to forget about.

Happy Monday All!

And then there's the little matter of the hospital itself where any number of abominations have occurred in their labs, their computers, their confidentiality issues, etc. Brad has altered how many lab results? People can walk in and steal scrubs at will and pose as surgeons, doctors, etc. Others can walk into ICUs and smother or cut off oxygen or put drugs in an IV line unnoticed. The whole town is full of bumblers. Then there was the crooked mayor and of course the ever present mecca of gangsters and wiseguys. It's a cornucopia of n'er do wells and incompetents.

I worked in the medical field and it kills me when I see someone walk into a hospital and demand a paternity test  or another type of bloodwork without an order. So unbelievable!

Respected Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

@Tique Sure, the blue trunks are nice; but, let's get real....that's all you like?  LOL  I'm still planning on bringing Spinelli to the soiree.  I'm developing quite a crush on the Jackal.  So adorable.  :womanhappy:

Oh! Be still my heart! mmmm...MMMM!

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

Oh! Be still my heart! mmmm...MMMM!

@vermint   you were the one I expected to comment when I posted that picture. Glad you saw the repost.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

@Tique I haven't been around as much lately...just busy, ya know? But I've been reading some...starting with the last page each day and going backwards a little...I just missed the original post, I guess.

Yeppers, love me some Steve Burton! Seeing him look so happy with his little girl is just icing on the cake.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to make this observation about Finn from yesterday's show. He becomes very chatty with Peter. Peter asked a question and Finn gave up everything he knew including some stuff that to me should have been protected by HIPAA but then as @RainCityWoman  @Lipstickdiva  @Tricolor  already stated GH is not known for realistically portraying anything medically related. Why would Finn tell Peter each of the four possibilities that Andre told him and Elizabeth could occur if Frew has the surgery to restore his {Franco's] memory? Sometimes - well often - this show has me SMH.

Speaking of HIPAA I had to laugh a couple of weeks ago when Jordan, Mac, and Robert were discussing Andre's condition with Jason. Epiphany asked them "Ever hear of HIPAA?" This was after Andre drove himself to the hospital after being stabbed. What a man!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

That was the worst acting job of fainting by Bobby I think I have ever seen.  I truly started to laugh.  I'm sure that's not what GH was going for.

When Chase was still in the courthouse on the phone, he walked over and told Jason and Sam what happened.  Jason asked where this all happened and Chase asked if he was going to take a drive over there.  Jason said yes and Chase told Jason to keep him in the loop.  What kind of cop would tell a civilion to go to a crime scene and have a look around?  Just taint all the evidence, if any.  It's okay.

And for the Haunted Star being closed, people sure can just walk in and out of the place.  First Cassandra, then Laura and Curtis, Dev, Shiloh with Wiley and finally, Sam.    

Honored Contributor

@Coquille

just wanting to say hi,  and hope you stop by more often!Smiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I laughed at the way Bobbie fainted also...lol!

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@Tique 

loved that clip with Jason,Spinelli and other 2 guys singing!!

Thank you!Heart

preds 06-21-20