Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ October 2022 ~ Spoilers Included

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

Hey, y'all, there's a new shrink in town....calling Dr. Drew Cain.  One conversation with Drew at Carly's former high school in Jacksonville and viola, Carly's "cured" of her guilt feelings over Reese's (her BFF) death decades ago.  Wowie.  Maybe "Dr. Drew" should pay a visit to Ryan since Dr. Kevin (or any other medical staff) can't figure out that Ryan is faking it.  Ava was close, but didn't go far enough with the hand clapping and finger snapping.

No, my eyes didn't decieve me in that Sonny did have Dex hanging on a meat hook a la AJ Quartermaine all those decades ago. 

Pssssttt, Cameron, wherever you are, please be aware that your girlfriend is really getting involved with Dex.  BTW, where is Cam supposed to be while all this is going on?  He's never even mentioned these days.

My thoughts on Holly's return:  As a GH "lifer", I remember those days of Holly, Robert, Luke etal.  Those were interesting (and for the time) novel storylines.  As for today; naw, not so much.  Agree with both @stevieb (nix to bringing back the retreads) and with @Tique (hopefully her s/l and rescue/visit will be brief).

Isn't Cameron working when he isn't in school? I think he still works at the restaurant. Dex is too worldly and old for Joss. Cameron is a sweatheart. She should count her blessings while she has tthem.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Hey, y'all, there's a new shrink in town....calling Dr. Drew Cain.  One conversation with Drew at Carly's former high school in Jacksonville and viola, Carly's "cured" of her guilt feelings over Reese's (her BFF) death decades ago.  Wowie.  Maybe "Dr. Drew" should pay a visit to Ryan since Dr. Kevin (or any other medical staff) can't figure out that Ryan is faking it.  Ava was close, but didn't go far enough

...Pssssttt, Cameron, wherever you are, please be aware that your girlfriend is really getting involved with Dex.  BTW, where is Cam supposed to be while all this is going on?  He's never even mentioned these days...

Isn't Cameron working when he isn't in school? I think he still works at the restaurant. Dex is too worldly and old for Joss. Cameron is a sweatheart. She should count her blessings while she has tthem.

I remember someone mentioning in addition to all the above Cam is also trying to be a stable presence in his younger half-brothers' lives while their mother is trying to figure out her own issues. Cam really is carrying a full load. Joss used to try to snatch moments to spend with him whether it was at Kelly's or at his house. Those days are long gone and there's no indication things are going to be changing any time soon. 

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

As @grandma r and so many others (including me) have written about Chase's singing career (ridiculous, etc), this post below just tickled my funny bone.  Wish I had thought of it.  Enjoy.

GH Chase Brook Lynn

If singing doesn’t work out for Chase, maybe he can try professional sports?   ABC/Craig Sjodin

@mysoutherncomfort  You crack me up!

This comment reminds me of what one of my students said in the area of the ridiculous to the sublime. We were sharing aspirations of a career in the future, and this one girl said she couldn't decide between being a lawyer or a beautician. It was one of those moments where a teacher has to keep a straight face, but at the same time wonder how she arrived at two polar opposites. I also had students who had never participated in any school sports, who said they were going to be a pro football player, and these were freshmen in high school.

@RainCityWoman I laughed at the comments your students made.  Kids can be so, well, dumb.  On a more serious note, I know schools and teachers have a lot to deal with.  But I think more time and attention should be given (in High School and college) to future careers.  Students need more exposure to the types of jobs that are out there, and the pros and cons of working in different fields.  So many graduate and have no clue what they should do next.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

As @grandma r and so many others (including me) have written about Chase's singing career (ridiculous, etc), this post below just tickled my funny bone.  Wish I had thought of it.  Enjoy.

GH Chase Brook Lynn

If singing doesn’t work out for Chase, maybe he can try professional sports?   ABC/Craig Sjodin

@mysoutherncomfort  You crack me up!

This comment reminds me of what one of my students said in the area of the ridiculous to the sublime. We were sharing aspirations of a career in the future, and this one girl said she couldn't decide between being a lawyer or a beautician. It was one of those moments where a teacher has to keep a straight face, but at the same time wonder how she arrived at two polar opposites. I also had students who had never participated in any school sports, who said they were going to be a pro football player, and these were freshmen in high school.

@RainCityWoman I laughed at the comments your students made.  Kids can be so, well, dumb.  On a more serious note, I know schools and teachers have a lot to deal with.  But I think more time and attention should be given (in High School and college) to future careers.  Students need more exposure to the types of jobs that are out there, and the pros and cons of working in different fields.  So many graduate and have no clue what they should do next.

The girl probably has always wanted to be a hair dresser but feels the pressure to be a lawyer and not go to that dreaded trade school.  Such a disservice done to these kids to steer them away from trade schools.  My hairdresser's SIL is an attorney and the hairdresser makes far more than her SIL, which fries her SIL.

Honored Contributor

Nina saw Willow as TJ was embracing her for support and Nina...!

Now Nina confronts her and   will   Willow collapse  as in fainting from the stress??

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: The Hook Strikes Again...Is it Emse?

Hope Campbell

GH Spoilers: The Hook Strikes Again...Is It Esme?

GH spoilers for Thursday reveal more serious danger, new plotting and planning, a singing debut, and so much more.

GH Spoilers Highlights

For a serial killer who has only been terrorizing the town for a little over a month, The Hook moves fast and doesn’t seem to waste time between victims. On Thursday, The Hook will strike again, and all logic leads to The Hook being Esme Prince.

Esme even has a proposition for Ryan Chamberlain, who also thinks his daughter is a genius killer and wonders about her new strategy in life. But it all just seems way too obvious, right? Perhaps both Esme and Ryan are jealous of this serial killer because they want to be performing the acts themselves. That could lend itself to a whole new set of problems in Port Charles.

Portia’s Alarmed, Elizabeth’s Confused

The big night at The Savoy starts with drama as Portia Robinson can sense the tension between Trina Robinson and Curtis Asford. Her attempts to play peacemaker do not go very well with her daughter, but Portia is determined to make sure Trina and Curtis get along, especially if Curtis really is Trina’s father.

Elizabeth Webber and Hamilton Finn spend their nightclub time with Terry Randolph and Yuri on a double date as they discuss Finn’s past. Elizabeth asks him if he is better off with the life that seems to have chosen him. Why is her story even about Finn? We are still not sure.

Chase Is Ready To Sing, Cody’s Ready to Play

Of course, everyone is at The Savoy for some entertainment and a card game. Harrison Chase is ready to make his debut but also tells Brook Lynn Quartermaine that he’d give up singing forever if she wanted to end their plan to bring down Linc Brown.

Finally, Cody Bell is ready to get in on that card game, but Selina Wu still isn’t sure if she wants to let him play, warning him he can cause significant trouble for both of them.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gag, why is Nina continually skulking around the hospital? No matter who it is,

no matter what it is, if it happens at GH, Nina will see it, note it, butt in on it, and comment on it, ugh. 

On another note, I wonder what Nina would think of Sonny if she really saw him for what he is right now, which I would say is just about back to what he was prior to Nixon Falls. I think she still sees Mike in her mind.

Maybe Nina would be ok with it but the treatment of Dex was certainly hard to watch (I still think he's either the Hook or Morgan BTW.  Maybe FBI). Could Nina sanction that?

Of course, obviously Carly knew what Sonny was about and must have been ok with it. It was not the mob that caused her to leave him, she was ready to take on the reins herself last year. 

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite couple right now is Anna and Valentin. I like them very much.

I could like Maxie and Austin if they were ever on (assuming they don't totally ruin Austin somehow, as it appears they will. I sure wish he was still Franco, oh well). I just am not the biggest Spinelli fan, he is ok for me in small doses only. He and Maxie are too much alike for me. 

I also don't mind Dante and Sam at all, I really don't. 

The best story right now for me is the Hook. I am very interested to find out who it really is. Not convinced yet that it's Esme but won't be surprised if it is either.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think that Nelle or Esme is the "hooker"    as they are to frail  looking and  they they would need a lot of strength to swing a hook  deep into anyone...think about it a second.

Writers need to rethink about it!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

I don't think that Nelle or Esme is the "hooker"    as they are to frail  looking and  they they would need a lot of strength to swing a hook  deep into anyone...think about it a second.

Writers need to rethink about it!

@cowboy sam , It is definitely a stretch to believe that Esme would be able to overpower Brando.  He was faced toward the hooker.  The other two had their backs to the hooker as I recall so *maybe* them....but Brando is a definite stretch.