Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ October 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@miata1 wrote:

I had a thought that maybe Portia could be related to Phyllis.  I know that several have said it would be Stella but I don't know if they think that or read it somewhere.  it would be more interesting for Phyllis to be related to Portia as then she may be Trina's Grandma.  That would be good as she would have a family.  I, too, thought about Esme going after Chase, he really is a cute one, can't blame her for trying.

Chase doesn't need Esme, nor does he need Willow. He is destined to meet the right girl this time. I think Esme was just trying to manipulate him with a con, the same ways she always does.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Sort of interesting that everyone is going full tilt boogie on Spencer, and justifiably so, but confrontations with the dreadful Ninny, so far, have been relatively tame... I'm still waiting for somebody to really and truly bust her chops and frankly, I'm getting a little tired of waiting... 

Apparently, I am the only one who thinks Nina's whole life here is a mess, so I am not as anxious for Carly or whoever to destroy her completely. She's a pretty disturbed character and a very sad life she had made for herself. However, I don't think she's any worse than some of the others in PC who never get punished. As for Spencer, he's been a horrible excuse for a human being long before he turned 18, and Alexa is right: Nick showed him by example. He deserves punishment in the hopes that he learns a huge lesson from it all. Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen, and that Esme is going to be his and others' destruction.In some ways she reminds me of Nelle.

Of course Nina's whole life is a mess... She made it a mess... Sure she had help along the way, but while I see her paying lip service to the damage she's done, I'm not thinking she's actually feeling it... I'm not out for utter destruction, but it is a soap, after all, so yep, I'm afraid I do want to see little over the top retribution... I'm also not concerned that all characters need somehow to be punished evenly... Heck, it doesn't work that way even in real life... Nina might not be 'any worse' than other characters that have skated, but, to me, she's just not particularly likable or sympathetic... I do think she's seriously damaged but I also don't think she's ever going to get her very pitiful act together if everyone just looks the other way because it's poor, pitiful Nina...

Hey, I hear you. I feel the same way about Carly. I can't stand her or her story line. I don't like Nina either, even when Stafford played her, but I loathe Carly. So everything you want to see rain down on Nina, I want to see happen to Carly. I'd say you have a much better chance of getting your wish than I have getting mine. 

@RainCityWoman  I don't know about that. It seems to me there are lots of signs pointing to hot headed Carly's world about to be rocked. If that involves Sonny leaving her for Nina or even just leaving her, of course, to me, that would be no loss at all... He is one nasty looking man... At the same time, if Jason reups with Brit, well, Carly will be out there all alone...

Quite frankly, I have never understood the attraction to Sonny by any of his women. If I had to choose between Sonny or Jax, I would go for the Aussie. I don't even see Sonny as a tough mob boss. He has all his henchmen do the dirty work while he barks orders. Maybe that's the protocol for mob bosses. I don't know. The only person I saw him kill on the show was poor AJ, who didn't even kill the Crimson editor. And then Sonny spent a nano second in prison until somebody pardoned him.

Esteemed Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

I agree with a lot of the things I read here.  I am not fond of the Shawn character either and I think that Franco should have remained Franco.  I thought he was much better than this part of being a doctor.  I also feel that it was very wrong for Phyllis to give Sonny's watch to Ninny and I cannot understand why she did that, there is no valid reason for it.  Also the pictures should have been discarded after Sonny saw them.  She knew Nina was hurting so why put those pictures in front of her, it just doesn't make sense.  Is she trying to get them together as Nina would go see Sonny to give him the watch.  I also do not want to see Sonny with Nina at all.  I do not care for the character or the actress.    I do want to see Jason with Britt and hope that he doesn't dump her again when Sonny leaves Carly.  I don't like the character Hayden either and hope she does not come back.  Sorry that I am sounding so negative today, especially as I read this over.

That's okay. I like Jax, Liz, Anna, Sam, Scottie, Liesl, etc., and many here do not. So feel free to have whatever opinions you choose. There are always other who will agree.

Respected Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

I had a thought that maybe Portia could be related to Phyllis.  I know that several have said it would be Stella but I don't know if they think that or read it somewhere.  it would be more interesting for Phyllis to be related to Portia as then she may be Trina's Grandma.  That would be good as she would have a family.  

I am one of the several that thought/think Phyllis and Stella are related.  That being said, I am very much in favor of your idea...Portia and Phyllis being related.  Not sure how Trina would be Phyllis' granddaughter (unless it's on the father's side...let's not rule that out), but if on Portia's side, at least she could be an aunt.

AND the big bonus to having Phyllis related to Portia is....we don't have to be subjected to Auntie Stella!!  Yep, I vote for @miata1 idea and add hopefully the relation would be on Portia's side because if Phyllis is related to Trina on her father's side (bio may mean Curtis), then Phyllis and Stella would both be Trina's aunts/cousins/whatever. 

Family trees on soaps very often confuse me.  Confused Face on Skype Emoticons 1.2 

Respected Contributor

So I'm trying to follow the bouncing ball from PC to somewhere in Greece.  Good, bad or indifferent, here's who is or will be in Greece as I ponder:  Drew, Lisel, Peter, Valentin, Anna, Robert, Sam, Dante, Britt, Jason, (I left out Victor b/c he is not from PC).  That's 10 so far. I could add Chloe since she is originally from PC; that would be 11. Is Scotty coming on down?  Who did I not mention?

Lawdy Ms Clawdy but that's a lot of folks all tripping over each other. Face with Rolling Eyes on Skype

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Dante and Boobsie, bumbling around in Europe, 

I love  the name "Boobsie"!   That made me laugh out loud.  Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Xivambala happy birthday! 🎉🌹🎂🎁🎈🍨♥️🎊

Honored Contributor

If Boobsie says her lines more quiet...well I'll really be lost.

I think when she was learning how to act, someone told her she'd need to swallow her words.

That way when the audience leaned into the TV ...and she talks so freaking quiet...I honestly thought I was loosing my hearing.

I guess they put her with Dante because they're almost the same height.

Regular Contributor

Carly tells Sonny that she and Jason are back to just being best friends.

Watch out...Jason goes off with Britt to look for her mother and Carly starts acting jealous. Sonny is going to wonder if, in fact, it isn't over between her and Jason. 

Esteemed Contributor

I know no one will agree with me, but I really like the SMike/Ninny thing.  Sonny's a better man when he's being S/Mike.

I know a friend I've mentioned this to - a twenty-three year GH fan freaked out.  She said Nina's a terrible person.  From the time I've been watching it (since the Mike @ NF thing), it seems to me all the characters have done their share of 'no-no's'.

I like Carly - particularly the Carly/Jason union.  But, there's something special when Sonny and Nina get together.

As previously mentioned, next week will probably be b-o-r-i-n-g!!!!!!  But, 'll keep tuned in to eventually see where the Sonny, Nina, Carly, Jason fiasco goes.Woman Wink