Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ October 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@cowboy sam It was a nice step forward. Let's hope they don't take too many steps back especialy since Alexis is still on the wagon. My entertainment is currently gone although Valentin did a nice job of it yesterday. He was miming all of us waiting for a good GH storyline.  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 

Pne thing that is bothering me..

is Victor old enough to be Val's dad?  I don't think so...

but hey writers do...we are not supposed to think about that  are we?lol

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam  Thank you!  I was thinking the same thing last night although Helena always did like them young.  Remember her boy toys and Jax?  Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

@stevieb   respectfully I don't feel it is my place to weigh in on the new thread. As you posted the person who started it was trying to get things up and running so all of you would have a place if/when this one disappears. As far as putting my username in the title although it was flattering it was neither expected nor requested so if it's removed it's fine.

On another note if you aren't happy with the new thread do something to change/improve it.

As it turns out @Tique while I did suggest the same motivation noted above about the thread turning up so quickly, and continue to think there's some accuracy to my statement that it was well intended, upon further consideration and given an extra day of 'history', it also seems there was and is a bit of another agenda afoot, but it is what it is, and if it evolves into someone's personal playground, well, it's certainly easy enough to opt out or to start another thread... Sorry to have apparently bothered you with this, but simply thought you'd want to know...

As for what to do with what appears to be the waning days of this thread, I have no suggestions. Running back and forth between these forums and those forums is becoming a bit exhausting so I'll probably be winding down here. Besides, all the current amateurish spy ring nonsense has me skipping large portions of the show... Hoping this phase is short lived... If I was at all interested in that mentaltiy, I'd watch a well done spy movie with more believable actors...

Wishing you and everyone well...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Here's something that happened earlier in the week which I kept expecting someone to mention. When Michael showed up at The Savoy to confront Nina about her duplicity Curtis defended her.

Do you think Curtis did the right thing or should he have remained silent?

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique He should have hushed big time. Curtis may be one of the few characters who hasn't had a relative die and resurrrect yet.  

ETA: And again, I think the reaction of Mikey and Willow was way underdone unless it's still coming.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

Here's something that happened earlier in the week which I kept expecting someone to mention. When Michael showed up at The Savoy to confront Nina about her duplicity Curtis defended her.

Do you think Curtis did the right thing or should he have remained silent?

Yes, @Tique, if I may... I intended to mention it but guess I became distracted by all the angst around the old board, new board and so on... I've always thought Curtis to be sort of an ancillary character in whom I have little interest and who, for me, holds little appeal (sorry fans, that's my take)... Personally, I'd have liked for Michael to tell him to mind his own business... The issue is between Ninny and Wiley's parents and, as far as I'm concerned, he should've kept his trap shut... It's always good for friends to support friends but not only should he pick better friends, but where family related issues arise, non-family need to keep out of the fray... It would be fine for him to commiserate with Ninny and to let her vent with him, but it wasn't his place to tender an opinion...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@stevieb   respectfully I don't feel it is my place to weigh in on the new thread. As you posted the person who started it was trying to get things up and running so all of you would have a place if/when this one disappears. As far as putting my username in the title although it was flattering it was neither expected nor requested so if it's removed it's fine.

On another note if you aren't happy with the new thread do something to change/improve it.

@Tique  Ok, I don't know what to say to you, about going over to the new site. We've been together for many years and you basically know me and I basically know you. So, here I go.....

This GH thread is your baby. You really worked hard to get it going and even harder to keep it going. I KNOW! You have to do what's best for you and you're the only one that knows, what that is. I believe, as the song goes, " It would be a cryin shame ", for all the posters, new and old, if you bowed out. You know that you are needed and you know, you are deeply wanted. Could a new thread continue without you, ABSOLUTELY! IMO and I'm sure so many others, it would not be half as good. If, even that! It would be like all the other threads, usual, ordinary and a boring thread. 

You know all of this but you might be drained and not want to do it again, or even participate. What you've been doing, took a lot of time, effort and energy. So your decision either way, is very understandable. 

As you know, I've been basically done with this thread for awhile because of the lack of decent storylines, as soooo many others have stated. So, I think you've been fighting an uphill battle, keeping it going, for quite sometime. You've made Caviar out of Chop Liver. That's impossible to do but you accomplished that. So, from one hard head to another, BRAVO and KUDOS and you know I don't throw those words around very readily. There were some onery posters and problems here and there but this thread, is the best.

I know you've thought this out thoroughly and again, may not want to spend all that time for a thread. So, do what's good, easy and satisfying for you. Just know, you will be gravely missed. Not by me 😆 because, I most likely am done with the thread, except for checking in on all of my old friends. 

Whether you do or don't get involved with a new thread, stay safe and stay well. Enjoy your life and BE HAPPY!😘

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique. I also thought Curtis was out of line trying to defend Ninny's actions.  Allowing Sonny's family to mourn him is unforgivable imo.  His children, especially Avery, didn't deserve that.

@Tique. When you posted that someone started a GH thread on proboards I assumed it was you.  So sorry.  I tried to look on there, but, it requires registering first.  I decided not to; I'm leery of unfamiliar websites.

I will miss this group of friends more than I can say.  Our dear @Tique has done an amazing job of keeping this going, making everyone feel welcome, and giving us a place to chat.  Thank you for everything!!!

Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@Tique  Ok, I don't know what to say to you, about going over to the new site. We've been together for many years and you basically know me and I basically know you. So, here I go.....

This GH thread is your baby. You really worked hard to get it going and even harder to keep it going. I KNOW! You have to do what's best for you and you're the only one that knows, what that is. I believe, as the song goes, " It would be a cryin shame ", for all the posters, new and old, if you bowed out. You know that you are needed and you know, you are deeply wanted. Could a new thread continue without you, ABSOLUTELY! IMO and I'm sure so many others, it would not be half as good. If, even that! It would be like all the other threads, usual, ordinary and a boring thread. 

You know all of this but you might be drained and not want to do it again, or even participate. What you've been doing, took a lot of time, effort and energy. So your decision either way, is very understandable. 

As you know, I've been basically done with this thread for awhile because of the lack of decent storylines, as soooo many others have stated. So, I think you've been fighting an uphill battle, keeping it going, for quite sometime. You've made Caviar out of Chop Liver. That's impossible to do but you accomplished that. So, from one hard head to another, BRAVO and KUDOS and you know I don't throw those words around very readily. There were some onery posters and problems here and there but this thread, is the best.

I know you've thought this out thoroughly and again, may not want to spend all that time for a thread. So, do what's good, easy and satisfying for you. Just know, you will be gravely missed. Not by me 😆 because, I most likely am done with the thread, except for checking in on all of my old friends. 

Whether you do or don't get involved with a new thread, stay safe and stay well. Enjoy your life and BE HAPPY!😘

Wow!!! Thank you @Coquille. ❤️

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.