Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ October 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

Last week right after the wedding Maxie had some jeans and a top. It was mentioned that she looked "normal". Apparently normal is subjective. Any opinions on Maxie's outfit today.  It's a 👎🏼 for me. Even worse than last week's.

@Tique I mentioned that Maxie's jeans and top looked "normal".  I stick with that opinion since most of Maxie's outfits IMO are totally lacking in flattery.  At least with ripped jeans and an oversized blouse, she is dressed in what I refer to as "normal"; not necessarily a great look, yet normal attire which we all see everyday in stores, malls, etc.  Perhaps I missed your point?

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD wrote:

One more thing I need to say..

Why would someone else start a GH thread without giving @Tique  a chance to. I'm sure it was done with the best of intentions, but, if it were me if I were Tique, I would feel hurt and slighted. What was the hurry? Everything is moving just too fast, at least for me. 

I promise this will be the last from me on this subject. I don't think I've ever posted this much in one day here, lol! 

@SleeplessinSD  Respectfully, @Tique was pretty clear in stating that when these boards fold, she is done. While someone did jump quickly to start a new thread, I don't think there was any ill-intent. My sense it that folks are trying to get a leg up so that everything doesn't fall apart if/when these boards close but are ensuring there is another site up and running for those choosing to use it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

@Tique wrote:

Last week right after the wedding Maxie had some jeans and a top. It was mentioned that she looked "normal". Apparently normal is subjective. Any opinions on Maxie's outfit today.  It's a 👎🏼 for me. Even worse than last week's.

@Tique I mentioned that Maxie's jeans and top looked "normal".  I stick with that opinion since most of Maxie's outfits IMO are totally lacking in flattery.  At least with ripped jeans and an oversized blouse, she is dressed in what I refer to as "normal"; not necessarily a great look, yet normal attire which we all see everyday in stores, malls, etc.  Perhaps I missed your point?

@mysoutherncomfort   nope you didn't. You also explained further and the additions I agee with.

@stevieb  used the term "plus size" when we were talking about the black dress. I hadn't thought about it but if she's not now she's approaching it. Another slam on the stylists. Why put Maxie in some ripped jeans and a short jacket that cuts off right at the point where it emphasizes her waist. Those are things that cause attention to a person. She doesn't need that.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Anyone have a problem with GH not recording today?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

Well, ding dong, FINALLY Victor reveals he had an affair with Helena and guess who is the result of that?  Of course, Val.  With Victor "begging" for Val's help...is that to take Petey Pie out?  For heavens sake,  Vic could do that.  And can't Liesl be of assistance to "de-program" Drew?  

So now, Drew is once again under "mind control" YEECH and he is one of the people who open-fired on Anna and Robert.  As mentioned previously, this mind control stuff is boring as heck to me.

Maxie's conversation with Austin was hmmm, what's the word I'm looking for?  Mine would have been "illuminating" or "enlightening" but "revealing" works also. Wow, she came to the conclusion that she and BLQ are now really friends.  And for the first time, Austin admits to BLQ (after her apology thanks to Chase), that Austin thinks Leo might be on the Autism spectrum.  Question to Austin:  Did you ever think to have a heart-to-heart, specific talk, with Leo's mom?

@mysoutherncomfort  if Olivia refuses to talk to him what is he supposed to do - hog tie her to a chair and duct tape her mouth. Admittedly since it is Olivia I like that image.

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Tique  I checked my DVR prior to the show and saw that it wasn't scheduled so was able to catch it in time. 

Listen, having managed my share of threads over the years, no one is more cognizant of your contributions than am I but I would suggest you go and take a look at the thread over there. I appreciate the initiative someone, (probably from here, so there's no offense intended), took in getting the thread up and running, but the relabeling of the thread 'in your honor' seems a bridge too far. You said you were opting out and while I get it that folks would prefer you didn't, if that is your honest choice, then I think we should all honor, respect and accept it. Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Yes, it did not record for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique, life has been messy so I haven't had a chance to read through all posts so I missed the post that when this thread shuts down you are not going to continue on the other board so I wanted to say thanks and it's been fun and you will be missed!   It will not be the same without you.  It has been a pleasure.

Honored Contributor

@Tique @I'm on the east coast (Virginia) and it didn't record the show for me either.

I went back and checked.  Sure enough all GH shows are set to record.

I don't know what happened.  Does anyone know?

Really frustrating.

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Tique 

My dvr recorded todays GH for me 

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."