Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ October 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

It seems - to me - that so many of the GH characters are intensely focused whining -- Nina, Spencer, Gladys, Maxie, Brooke, Olivia, Willow and more.  Not a charming personality trait!!  And so tiresome to hear and watch.... 

Honored Contributor

@corita  I know, right... Just as the story lines have become increasingly unwatchable, the characters are becoming increasingly unlikable... Sort of a double whammy... Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@grandma r I don't know of any ICU where an outsider can just waltz in to a patient's room.  Ain't that the truth! In an ICU even immediate family is limited to one visitor at a time and just for a very short length of time.

But this is GH and the GH writers cannot even follow the merest of base line protocol no matter where it pertains.  For example, how many "visitors" waltz in and out of the patio french doors at the Q mansion? They just show up like mosquitoes. Does Monica not have security?  Welcome...help yourself to the family silver, etc. For the most part, same at Casa Corinthos.

Honored Contributor

GH Star Maurice Benard Reveals His Beloved Father Has Passed Away

Diane Brounstein

GH Maurice Benard and Dad July 8, 2019

It was hard enough for actor Maurice Benard to have to play out the scenes of Sonny Corinthos losing his beloved father Mike on General Hospital, but now the Daytime Emmy-winning star has revealed that his real-life father has passed away.

Maurice Benard Pays Tribute

The actor shared the news with his Instagram followers, posting video and pictures to remember his father. “As I lay here with a heavy heart but no anxiety, Knowing I will never see my hero again,” Benard wrote. “My dad was one of a kind no one like him, those who knew him know what I’m talking about.”

And thanks to his many social media posts, Benard’s fans and followers felt like they did know his father, Humberto Morales. They certainly knew he loved to watch his son on General Hospital — and he didn’t like it when Sonny’s wife Carly Corinthos looked too chummy with her BFF, Jason Morgan. But there was so much more to say about him — and Benard wanted fans to know. “When I was a little boy I wanted to be him,” he revealed.

“My dad always said in Spanish what’s going to happen it’s gonna happen don’t worry,” Benard added. “Say hi to everybody DAD maybe you can even sing a song with Frank Sinatra.”

Condolences from co-stars past and present, as well other friends in the industry came pouring into the comments section, including his onscreen wife, Wright: “Big love my friend xoxoxox. My thoughts and heart are with you.

Eden McCoy/Josslyn also shared her thoughts: “oh Maurice i’m sending you every bit of my heart right now. love you and i’m so sorry,” while current Young and the Restless star Jason Thompson (Billy; ex-Patrick, GH) wrote, “Oh Mo. I’m sorry to hear this. It was always a pleasure being round your dad. He was hilarious!! Light and love to your mother, you and your family.”

Soap Hub also sends our deepest condolences to Maurice Benard and his family during this difficult time.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique. So very sorry for Mo and his family.  Mo's love for his Dad was so deep and genuine. 

May he rest in peace.

Esteemed Contributor

I read a preview for the next 2 weeks of GH, looking for something positive or interesting.  Not much luck.

With all the murder and mayhem in real life, the violent movies/commercials, violence in video games why can't these writers think of stories that are nice????  Something positive or uplifting would be a very welcome change.  Write about families, friends, etc who actually care about one another minus the violence.  I know, some will say BORING, but, a little positivity would go a long way.

Honored Contributor

@grandma r  Even if they don't want to focus exclusively on the positive then at least take a break and focus on relationships and families for a while Even troubled relationships are fodder for good story lines and solid acting and can still involve villains of a less heinous (and more believable) sort. All this whipping out of toy guns, the shoot 'em up nonsense, falling off cliffs, secret agents, helicopter escapes, evil villains mind-controlling others and so on is just so much hokum and is always poorly done. It's time for this show to take a walk on the real life side for a while. The never ending dastardly mega villains have become fully trite.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Not liking many of the s/l's now, really wanting Peter to disappear for good, but now  thoroughly disliking the return of sleezy Cyrus. If I watch these days, I ff through so much of the show. With Cyrus back, I won't see much at all.

Honored Contributor

November thread is up.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~