Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ October 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@Tique wrote:

@redwingsgal wrote:

@Tique wrote:

My oh my. You can feel the love and admiration the person who wrote that recap has for Auntie Stella. 💔 She must be a real fan.

But then aren't we all❓

I LOVE IT!!!  Got it, @Tique   LOL

@redwingsgal  what would I do without you? 😇

Sometimes I feel like Leo. All alone in my Tique world.

And that is even funnier than the first one!!   ROFLOL

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

@Tique @grandma r ,@Wsmom, @Lipstickdiva , @redwingsgal

@Xivambala, @stevieb , @cowboy sam , @BeckiWV 

Thank you all very much for the birthday wishes.

I hope I didn't miss anyone-if I did thank you too!

I am late with my thanks as we were traveling to visit our son-because of Covid it was the first visit in two years and in the interim he made a move from New Mexico to Colorado. It's a shorter trip for us now as we normally drive and Colorado is two days for us rather than the three to NM. When we were younger we drove in less days but now we have the time to spread the driving out.

The second day of the trip back home was pouring rain all the way. Then later that evening the power went out after we got home so my poor husband had to drag the generator out of the barn and bring it up to the house. I think it's time for a whole house generator.

Anyway, we had a great visit and I had a wonderful birthday seeing my son again after such a long absence.

Thank you all.

A lot happened on GH over the past week.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

Does anyone other than me become somewhat annoyed by Amanda Setton's (Brook Lynn) rolling tongue tic? I don't think it is being done for the Quartermaine character, and most likely is just the actress herself. My grandmother used to do something like that all the time and it was very distracting.

I noticed that as well. She seems to have that habit which has nothing to do with the character.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The bond that held Franco and Drew together was discovered gradually down the line when it was revealed that Franco was sexually abused by his mother's boyfriend, and the guy had his eye on Drew as well. Franco protected Drew from the monster. He and Liz may get back together, but I would prefer it is Finn. Both of them deserve some happiness, even though I suppose Hayden will suddenly pop onto the scene once again. 

Honored Contributor

GH Star Cameron Mathison Reveals His Family’s Heartbreaking Loss

Michael Maloney

General Hospital Cameron Mathison

Condolences are going out to actor and fan favorite Cameron Mathison, who currently plays Drew Cain on General Hospital. The popular actor has revealed the news of his family’s deep personal loss.

Cameron Mathison Mourns The Loss of His Mother

Mathison is sharing that his beloved mother, Loretta Mathison, has passed away after valiantly fighting brain cancer. In a post on Tuesday, Mathison shared a beautiful tribute to his mother with photos showing her in happy moments throughout her life.

“Mom, you left this world a better place,” he began. “You were the center of our family with so much love and devotion for all of us. You were there for me in my absolute toughest times, and celebrated all my successes with so much love and enthusiasm. I have so many beautiful and incredible memories I don’t even know where to start - You will always be with me in my heart I love you and miss you so much I can’t put into words.”

Earlier this month, Mathison posted some bittersweet news on Instagram. The good news was that he himself had received a great report from his doctor after his own cancer diagnosis, but the bad news was that his mother was still facing her own battle with the disease.

Mathison had revealed his mother’s battle earlier this year, telling his followers how his mother could really use some laughs. He also shared how her courage and strength continued to inspire him.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

The most important thing out of all of this is that Ava has been wearing "my earrings" again and I still cannot find them.  

Respected Contributor

From the "didn't we see that coming" Dept:  Spencer has to find a job.  Esme gives him some ideas...no, no, and no.  I'm willing to bet that all of us saw this coming that Spencer would be working at Kelly's (I thought it would be a bus boy) as a server and this is the best part; his boss is Cameron.  No surprises there.

Gladys and blackmail:  Well, that didn't take more than a NY minute for the parasite to start shopping and charge same to BLQ's account.  What's next?  New digs at the Q mansion?  Hmmmm, is the gatehouse available now that Willow/Mikey/Wiley are a family (perhaps in the main house)?

Shasha/Willow:  Seems to me that Shasha has a more "realistic" brain than Willow.  Oh, gee, Mikey didn't discuss meeting with DA from PA; donating to his campaign for PA Attorney General; bringing Ninny up on charges....will this woman ever grow up and live in the world of the Q's/Corinthos'?

Ned/Austin:  I understand the interraction between these two, but here's the thing I cannot understand:  Ned said to Austin, I can't ask Monica for help (regarding Leo) because she will go straight to Olivia.  If Ned posed the same question (about how to approach Olivia) to Monica in confidence, why would she run back to Olivia with that conversation?  She might say she isn't able to help him, but run to Olivia?  

Jeff Webber:  Well the doc must be making his way to PC (November sweeps) since the writers are gravitating to more and more conversation about him.

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Ava Uses Nina’s Secret To Twist The Knife

Diane Brounstein

GH spoilers for Wednesday, October 27, 202

GH spoilers for Wednesday reveal a tender moment, big news, a startling encounter, and so much more.

GH Spoilers Highlights

Ava Cassadine has a secret that affects both Sonny and his wife Carly Corinthos and she’s relishing every moment as she uses it to her advantage. In fact, she thinks about rejecting Sonny’s offer for Charlie’s. Ava twists the knife when she tells Sonny that she knows he shares everything with Carly. Meanwhile, Carly catches Sonny in a warm moment with Avery.

Nina Reeves happens to be that little secret that Ava is keeping — at least the fact she had a romance with Sonny back in Nixon Falls when he thought he was a barman named Mike. Nina faces big trouble but that doesn’t mean she wants any help. She tells Jax that he has to stop trying to save her.

Michael may have shown his dark side but when he does, he’s doing it for his family — or so he tells the woman he loves, Willow Tait. But it doesn’t look like Willow is really buying that argument because she tells Michael she thought she was his family too. D’oh! What will Michael say to that?!

Speaking of family, Nikolas Cassadine remembers he has some — in prison. He goes to see Aunt Alexis Davis because he has news for her. But does she make the big mistake of letting him know about the investigation Shawn Butler is doing? Because Nik asks her to think long and hard before she goes any further with what she’s doing.

Who’s A Townie Now?

Josslyn Jacks finds Spencer Cassadine behind the counter and hears how he’s now working at Kelly’s. He probably explains how he needed a way out of the mess he created in his life because Joss lets him know that sometimes something so simple is the easiest solution.

Molly and Shawn talk about his future. She’s working in the D.A.’s office now — does she offer any help to him? He is practically her father-in-law, after all. As they do that, TJ Ashford is with Curtis Ashford, who asks TJ some intriguing questions. Is it about that mystery man? Portia Robinson encounters him and wonders how he knew some private information. Will she realize he’s been spying on them?

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Jeff Kober Returns as Cyrus Renault - Deadly Scheme Hits Laura's Comeback

Jessica Jones

General Hospital Spoilers: Jeff Kober Returns as Cyrus Renault – Deadly Scheme Hits Laura’s Port Charles Comeback

GH spoilers tease that Jeff Kober will return as Cyrus Renault, so look for Cyrus’ deadly scheme to affect Laura Collins’ Port Charles comeback. Viewers know Cyrus put a contract out on Laura and Martin Grey, so they were forced into hiding until the threat against their lives could be dealt with.

Thankfully, Kevin Collins has still been in touch with Laura here and there. He’s been forced to lie about the nature of Laura’s time away, but he’s promised that his wife will indeed return soon.

GH fans can expect Laura to get updates on Victor Cassadine’s alliance with Peter August and how it went horribly wrong.

While Laura’s at a safehouse, she’ll speak with a WSB agent who’ll horrify her with the news of Victor’s survival, problematic partner in crime and an immunity deal.

Laura will find out Victor’s back in Port Charles, so that’ll naturally make her even more determined to get back to her hometown ASAP. As the mayor, Laura needs to be around to help keep people like Victor in line. Unfortunately, there’s a danger in rushing Laura’s return.

Laura may be given the green light to come back to PC along with Martin, but how can they really trust that Cyrus’ threat has been vanquished? Cyrus may be behind bars, but he’s probably always going to be a threat as long as he’s living and breathing!

Jeff Kober will make another onscreen appearance as Cyrus Renault – and you can bet it’ll involve making some lethal connections as he sets some sinister things in motion.

Cyrus wants both Laura and Martin dead, but he’s particularly interested in taking down his “dear” sister. Spoilers say Cyrus will feel like he can’t rest until Laura is in the grave, so Laura’s PC comeback could be a very perilous decision.

Laura will be reunited with her loved ones, but Cyrus will hang over that reunion like a dark cloud.

Cyrus will do some plotting and could make a fatal move when Laura least expects it, so major drama’s still to come.

General Hospital spoilers say Jeff Kober will return as Cyrus Renault for November sweeps, so don’t miss all the action.

source: CDL

Esteemed Contributor

I realized yesterday - while I was  switching channel in and out of GH - that I have absolutely no interest in most of the ongoing stories!! 

Dislike Spencer and girlfriend, so don't really care what his father does or does not do to them. The Sonny/Carly/ Nina story has become so ridiculous that it is difficult to watch.  Gladys may be the most unlikeable character on this show; she should leave now.  Peter is there, Peter is gone...who cares?  Victor is dead, Victor is alive...again...who cares?  Liz and Finn/Liz and Drew; Sam and Jason/Sam and Dante/Sam and Drew -- boring.  Val and Anna have always loved each other, but just now get to the accepting their passion?  Really, the only story I might stay and watch is Jason and Britt.  Will they move on their relationship?

I often wonder if the GH writers ever really sit down and watch their own shows!!