Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ October 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@stevieb wrote:

Anybody got a clue what purpose our resident wild hair, Gladys, serves?

Mostly to meddle into the lives of the young parents to be in order to somehow get something for herself. Nothing about her amuses me. They should have written her into the script of the car explosion.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman  Oh so true.  Gladys has no real purpose on the show.  She should have been in that limo.  Unfortunately,  she'll flit around causing trouble for Brando and Sasha.

Imo, after she proclaimed herself a "Gold Star Mother" knowing full well that Brando was alive, she belongs behind bars!!!  She took full advantage of that status just like she uses everyone she encounters.

Maybe Gladys, Esme, Austin, and Nina could take a slow boat to any remote, desolate location.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can someone please tell me why Brando doesn't grow a pair and tell his mother to hit the bricks?  

Sasha needs to run fast in the other direction and far away from this mamby pamby mama's boy.   

Respected Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

LOL @Lipstickdiva well when I heard Carly telling Britt of all people that Carly and Jason had intended to have a real marriage and let's face it, most of Sonny's family were in on that thought, so it's only a matter of time before someone enlighten's Sonny.

And, ta dah, it's Ninny who enlightens Sonny.  OK, so the don's little brain cells are thinking and he goes to his office where Jason is bringing back "his chair" out of storage..."What's on your mind?", asks Jason.  Sonny wants to know "what would have happened if I hadn't walked in on you and Carly?"  We all know...Jason doesn't lie.  Now this could get interesting.  I hope so anyway.

Honored Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Anybody got a clue what purpose our resident wild hair, Gladys, serves?

Mostly to meddle into the lives of the young parents to be in order to somehow get something for herself. Nothing about her amuses me. They should have written her into the script of the car explosion.

When she was the mousy money grubbing poor relation I thought she was sort of entertaining at times, if for no other reason than to see Carly and others dis her. Now that she's been sort of enabled, she just grates and yea, I could've seen her going out in a blaze of glory... Hey, at least it would've been in a limo... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Sort of interesting that everyone is going full tilt boogie on Spencer, and justifiably so, but confrontations with the dreadful Ninny, so far, have been relatively tame... I'm still waiting for somebody to really and truly bust her chops and frankly, I'm getting a little tired of waiting... 

Apparently, I am the only one who thinks Nina's whole life here is a mess, so I am not as anxious for Carly or whoever to destroy her completely. She's a pretty disturbed character and a very sad life she had made for herself. However, I don't think she's any worse than some of the others in PC who never get punished. As for Spencer, he's been a horrible excuse for a human being long before he turned 18, and Alexa is right: Nick showed him by example. He deserves punishment in the hopes that he learns a huge lesson from it all. Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen, and that Esme is going to be his and others' destruction.In some ways she reminds me of Nelle.

Of course Nina's whole life is a mess... She made it a mess... Sure she had help along the way, but while I see her paying lip service to the damage she's done, I'm not thinking she's actually feeling it... I'm not out for utter destruction, but it is a soap, after all, so yep, I'm afraid I do want to see little over the top retribution... I'm also not concerned that all characters need somehow to be punished evenly... Heck, it doesn't work that way even in real life... Nina might not be 'any worse' than other characters that have skated, but, to me, she's just not particularly likable or sympathetic... I do think she's seriously damaged but I also don't think she's ever going to get her very pitiful act together if everyone just looks the other way because it's poor, pitiful Nina...

Hey, I hear you. I feel the same way about Carly. I can't stand her or her story line. I don't like Nina either, even when Stafford played her, but I loathe Carly. So everything you want to see rain down on Nina, I want to see happen to Carly. I'd say you have a much better chance of getting your wish than I have getting mine. 

@RainCityWoman  I don't know about that. It seems to me there are lots of signs pointing to hot headed Carly's world about to be rocked. If that involves Sonny leaving her for Nina or even just leaving her, of course, to me, that would be no loss at all... He is one nasty looking man... At the same time, if Jason reups with Brit, well, Carly will be out there all alone...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Can someone please tell me why Brando doesn't grow a pair and tell his mother to hit the bricks?  

Sasha needs to run fast in the other direction and far away from this mamby pamby mama's boy.   

I respectfully disagree in that Brando has told Mommie dearest to move out (hopefully, this has happened or will be soon) and he is not interested in joining any "illegal" employment no matter who that might be...even Cousin Sonny.  I find it clear and refreshing that Brando has chosen his baby and Shasha certainly over meddlesome mama.

I think Shasha should continue to run towards Brando, hold on for dear life, and go from there.

Honored Contributor

I guess we will see like the spoilers mentioned  that Brett and Jason  will go off together looking for her mom.

Brett was protesting too much to Scotty  then decided why not?   lol

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

I agree with a lot of the things I read here.  I am not fond of the Shawn character either and I think that Franco should have remained Franco.  I thought he was much better than this part of being a doctor.  I also feel that it was very wrong for Phyllis to give Sonny's watch to Ninny and I cannot understand why she did that, there is no valid reason for it.  Also the pictures should have been discarded after Sonny saw them.  She knew Nina was hurting so why put those pictures in front of her, it just doesn't make sense.  Is she trying to get them together as Nina would go see Sonny to give him the watch.  I also do not want to see Sonny with Nina at all.  I do not care for the character or the actress.    I do want to see Jason with Britt and hope that he doesn't dump her again when Sonny leaves Carly.  I don't like the character Hayden either and hope she does not come back.  Sorry that I am sounding so negative today, especially as I read this over.

Honored Contributor

@miata1   you felt your post was negative because you seldom complain while most of us complain regularly because there's  much to complain about. Come on. You can visit the dark side every now and then. I'm the gatekeeper. 

Jumbo-sized Hug! Free Hugs eCards, Greeting Cards | 123 ...

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.