Highlighted
Honored Contributor

General Hospital ~ October 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

Happy October!

Everyone is welcome!

It has been one year since Mike's loved ones gathered to say "Farewell" Here's a recap of some of the things that happened last October. 

• Chase reported that Nelle’s body had been found.

• LuLu invited Dustin to move in with her and her children.

• Jackie Templeton arrived in Port Charles and reconnected with an old friend, Robert Scorpio. We also were made privy to what had previously been unknown:  Jackie, a nationally and well respected news journalist, is the mother of Detective Harrison Chase.

• When Olivia returned from her international escapade with Robert, Ned accused her of having an affair. That could have been Ned projecting since he had just spent a drunken night with Alexis.

• Two things happened concurrently with Michael and Willow. They continued to discuss getting an annulment [since Nelle was no longer a threat] and Michael asked Willow to consider legally adopting Wiley.

• Port Charles said goodbye to a beloved character, Mike Corbin. Sometimes rather than writing something new I quote myself:

@Tique wrote:

I certainly bash GH enough but today I have only good things to say. Well done with Mike's Memorial Service. I especially appreciated that they used the entire show rather than cutting back and forth to something we would have viewed as a distraction. The comments were lovely and personal. The flashbacks were appropriate and brief. They showed Mike saying one of my favorite lines to Stella: "Promise me that when I can no longer remember you that you’ll remember how much I wanted to." I love that.

Farewell Max. My fear is that in addition to missing your character and your stellar acting, GH won't be able to come up with another story comparable to yours.

Since the beginning of the September thread, there was some movement in existing stories, some new developments, and something I seldom get to write  - a story that was favored by few came to an end:

• Elizabeth and Finn were on a camping trip with their respective offspring when Scott landed at their campsite. Scott and Liesl had been on their way to what Scott thought was a working vacation but in reality was a pre-planned trip for Liesl to find and kill Peter. While the two were on a charter plane they were drugged. Scott was dropped from the plane and Liesl was taken to an unknown location which we later discovered was the home of the previously thought dead Victor Cassadine.

• Curtis and Jordan realized two different cases they were each working on shared a person of interest. When the two of them and Portia arrived at that person's residence Jordan and Portia ended up in the basement where they inhaled a lot of gas. Since Jordan had only one kidney her health was compromised. The specialized treatments she required could not be provided at GH. Jordan said her goodbyes and was off to Albany.

• With help from Trina Joss fixed dinner for Jax, her dad. The meal included a sauce which Trina had been given back in May when she was in Nixon Falls. Joss recognized the sauce as the same sauce that only Sonny made. That random event sent Jax back to NF where he discovered the man Nina was involved with, Mike, was indeed Sonny. He confronted Nina and gave her an ultimatum to tell Mike who he really was or he would

• Peter returned to NF after discovering he had been duped by Nina. His anger lead him to setting the bar on fire trapping Nina and Phyllis. After a series of events Sonny's memory returned. He confronted Nina with that knowledge and that he knew she had known all along who he was and had deliberately kept it from him.

• While the fire was going on in NF back in Port Charles Carly and Jason [who had recently professed their love for each other] got married with some of their respective family memembers, friends, and representatives of the remaining three families present.

• Sonny returned to Port Charles to find Jason and Carly in the bedroom of his house. It was obvious to viewers they were planning to consummate their marriage.

• Spencer and Esme continued to manipulate things so Ava was convinced the only way to keep the stalker from additional retribution was to leave.

• News of Sonny's return and what had kept him in NF began to trickle out. Sonny told Jason a portion of Nina's part in this but Carly heard about it from Maxie.

Thank you to those who answered the September QOTM.

October Questions of the Month:

1. How do you feel about the Sonny reveal?

2. What storyline would you like wrapped up before Sweeps begins at the end of the month?

Thank you to those who come by to add your thoughts and/or to read those of others. A BIG thank you to those who take the time to read the entire first post of each GH thread.❤️

Our country continues to experience things we have never experienced before. As we get updates that change daily and sometimes even more frequently remember being healthy includes not only being physically but also mentally well. Reach out to others. Continue to try to make wise choices. Please and thank you.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ October 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

[ Edited ]

Please let us know if you are celebrating a birthday this month and your name is not below. That's not acceptable.

Happy October Birthdays Pictures, Images & Photos ...

October 16 - Xivambala

October 18 - abbalulu

October 25 - keithsmom65

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Will Trina’s Plan Get Spencer’s Dad Killed?

Diane Brounstein

GH spoilers for Friday, October 1, 2021

GH spoilers for today reveal an apology, worry, a growing threat, and so much more.

GH Spoilers Highlights

Trina  set a plot in motion to catch a stalker and now, thanks to Esme Prince blabbing to Sonny Corinthos, he has Nikolas Cassadine backed into a corner. A clueless Nik thinks it’s time for his son’s uncle to take his goons and leave but Sonny insists no one is leaving until they have an understanding.

Spencer wants to know what’s going on when both Cameron and Trina get texts. Trina tells him to tell them — as she shows the picture Josslyn Jacks sent of Esme talking to Sonny. Will all three realize that Nikolas is in big trouble and rush in to confess all?

Parental Issues

Joss crashed the fight scene between her parents, and Carly looks shellshocked. Did Jax spill about Nina Reeves and “Mike’s” love story? Either way, Joss thinks things are better out in the open, right? Oh, young lady…you have a lot to learn about the messy issues of adults.

Owning her part in that mess, Maxie is apologetic to Nina after throwing her under the bus to Carly. Nina must tell her that Carly seems clueless about the feelings that grew between herself and Sonny, which causes Maxie to ask Nina why she thinks Sonny hasn’t mentioned it to Carly. Funny, that’s something viewers want to know too.

General Hospital

Ava gets the last word and tells the person to consider themself warned. That should be fun. Elsewhere, her pal and lawyer, Scott Baldwin tells Austin Gatlin-Holt that his challenge of Edward’s will is moving to the next step. He also tells him to expect the unexpected.

Unaware of Austin’s progress, Brook Lynn asks Ned about the tension between him and Olivia. Ned may think she’ll side with him and is proud of her mothering skills but Brook Lynn is furious with her father and tells him he may not feel that way when she’s through with him.

Valued Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Please let us know if you are celebrating a birthday this month and your name is not below. That's not acceptable.

October 18 - abbalulu

Mine is October 16 but I am way past celebratingSmiley LOL!

Respected Contributor

October Questions of the Month:

1. How do you feel about the Sonny reveal?

I needed to find some excitement and a real thrill, so I went out to my patio, looked out to the backyard and watched the grass grow.  Now that was exciting!!

Respected Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

@Tique wrote:

October 18 - abbalulu

Mine is October 16 but I am way past celebratingSmiley LOL!

Not here you're not!!  We love to celebrate!!  And we love to celebrate each other.

Respected Contributor

To answer the QOTM:  As awful as most of the NF s/l was, the reveal was even worse.  Sonny seemed to just walk into each PC set as if he had not missed a day.  The only one who showed any emotion or excitment (to me) was Kristina.  This reveal was a major let down, for sure

The s/l I want wrapped up, pronto, is the baby switch.  Poor Valentin has poured his heart and soul out for "Bailey" and he is none the wiser that this is NOT his baby.  Please get Louise back home and let Val run to Anna.  These two are on fire and need to "extinguish" the flame stat!

Have a great weekend!  Fall has hit my neck of the woods, FINALLY

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many of us have already expressed opinions about the alleged 'reveal'. The truth is, the story line stunk from start to finish so any anticipation that the reveal would be any better was probably misplaced confidence in a writing team that too often is running on empty...

As far as it goes and for what they were, I thought the reunion scenes went reasonably well, as did some of the other scenes focused on Sonny's return... That said, no, none of them brought down the house or even came close to it... About the reunion with all the offspring, I didn't find anyone's reactions unreasonable... In real life, most folks would have been in shock so the more subdued responses rang true for me. Kristina's reaction seemed heartfelt and it seems it was what more folks wanted, but for all her emoting, keep in mind, she never shed an actual tear...

Clearly, the powers that be are determined to roll out this 'reveal' on a very piecemeal basis, thus badly (and sadly) diluting the only story line of actual interest they currently have going... As mentioned before, the risk in having permitted this story line to endure for so long and to now drag it out further is the clear realization by some viewers, like me, that they really don't much like the Sonny character and didn't miss him... That said, I also didn't like, nor do I miss, 'Mike'... And, of course, I cannot abide this portrayal of Nina...

As for story lines most in need of wrapping up... Where do I start and how long do you have...

I've sort of been clear that none of the current story lines are of interest to me, so not sure I could pick just one, but if forced, I think it would be the stalker story line... It's resolution could potentially address a multitude of sins: too much teen time, too much Esme and Spencer, and the incredible dumbing down of both Ava and Nik, not to mention Ava's protracted and seemingly endless farewell tour... A close second would be the half-baked musical babies story line...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Interesting that the temporary Nic was apparently one and done.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Welcome October!!!  Warm, sunny days and cool nights are so wonderful.  Hoping that everyone stays healthy and happy.

The Sonny reveal was poorly written.  The only bright spots were his children's reactions and Epiphany. 

I want this stalker nonsense finished asap.  Esme is just a rewrite of Nelle and she needs to go.  Arson in a parking garage certainly should warrant prison time!  The baby switch needs to end, but, my guess is that might play out during sweeps.

@Tique. Thank you for all you do.  Take good care and stay healthy.