Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ October 2020 ~ Spoilers Included

@Tique I am a novice to most things. I could use a hand in how to do quotes especially a certain part of a post.

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

@Tique I am a novice to most things. I could use a hand in how to do quotes especially a certain part of a post.

@CLHS68  the easiest way to quote someone is to go to the person's post you want to quote and click the grey "REPLY" located at the bottom right.

Once the space comes up for your reply at the top right you will see "QUOTE". Click it. 

When the quote appears you get the entire post. If you are responding to a specific part of the post, you can bold it [by clicking the "B" located at the top left of the posting space] or you could delete the part of the post you don't want. To do that, you select the text you want to delete and click the "DELETE" button on your computer.

When you delete a portion of someone's quote it is correct computer etiquette to give some kind of notation like the three dots... or some people use the word "Clip" or something like that.

I'm going to illustrate both bolding and using the three dots on your post which I quoted above.

@CLHS68 wrote:

@CLHS68 wrote:

@Tique...I could use a hand in how to do quotes especially a certain part of a post.

Some people like to quote first and then add their reply. Others write their reply and then add the quote. I do the first but there's no right or wrong way; it's simply preference.

Another thing to watch out for is: Make sure people can identify where the quote stops and your reply begins. Sometimes people post immediately under a quote and it looks like the person whose words are being quoted also wrote their words. People can be sensitive about that - especially if it's an opposite view from theirs. See below.

Wrong Way

@CLHS68 wrote:

I prefer to quote first and then write my reply. You see how this looks like you actually wrote this part which I added.

Right Way

@CLHS68 wrote:

I prefer to quote first and then write my reply. You see how this is obviously not a part of your quote.

Since this is something new for you, I suggest you leave the quote as is or try bolding at first. After you master that then you can try deleting the part you don't need.

For practice you can always quote me and I can guide you step-by-step if you need it.

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends.” ~ Dr. M L King
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique  Thank you. It sounds like a lot to remember but I will try one of these days. You are so good at everything. I am from the time of no computers so have been trying to learn new things.

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68  it seems like a lot at first but once you start, you'll be surprised how quickly you'll catch on.

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Consequential Decisions Throughout PC

Garren Waldo

The General Hospital spoilers for the upcoming week tease a blast from Ava’s hellish past, Lulu embarking on a new endeavor (and gaining a housemate), tons of self-recrimination for Alexis and Ned, and so much more.

General Hospital Spoilers Highlights

Ava is distraught over the phone call she receives from Ryan Chamberlain and spoilers warn that in its aftermath, she’s left feeling cornered. Might Ava’s brother dearest attempt to force her into meeting with the madman in order to ascertain whether he actually has Nelle’s blackmail letter? Yep, that's pretty much a given considering who Julian is.

Villain Amongst Them

Lulu begins work on a story concerning Cyrus Renault and his corruption. At almost the exact same time, her subject issues some threats to Jordan and demands that she provide him with a case file. Not only has Laura been MIA for weeks but apparently so is Mac. Why hasn't he began to be suspicious about Jordan? Might Cyrus be just as intrigued about Neil’s death as everyone else is? The man did overdose on Cyrus’s product after all.

Upon Further Reflection…

In the cold light of day, Alexis regrets her booze-fueled actions from the night before, and Ned is equally nervous about the deeds he committed. Brook Lynn also comes to regret the hand she played in driving a wedge between her dad and Olivia, so she comes clean to her stepmom about the voicemail that she erased.

GH Odds and Ends

In other Port Charles news, Lulu invites Dustin to move in with her, Jason suggests a plan to Sonny, and Cameron is conflicted following the kiss he shared with Josslyn.

Meanwhile, Molly urges T.J. to focus on their future together, Sasha turns to Valentin for comfort, and Sonny is startled to see a familiar face.

Finally, Willow makes a life-changing decision and is forced to deal with the issues that result from it. 

Respected Contributor

I read that Wally Kerth (Ned) said in an interview that Genie Francis (Laura) has not been back shooting yet. She is taking extra time because of the virus.  He did not say when she would be back.

Trusted Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Garren Waldo

GH Odds and Ends

In other Port Charles news, Lulu invites Dustin to move in with her, Why? Are they engaged to be married and have declared their undying love for each other? Or could it be Dante is coming home? I pick #2 as the answer.

Respected Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

@Tique wrote:

Garren Waldo

GH Odds and Ends

In other Port Charles news, Lulu invites Dustin to move in with her, Why? Are they engaged to be married and have declared their undying love for each other? Or could it be Dante is coming home? I pick #2 as the answer.

I don't know why it is a surprise that Lulu move on with Dustin. Dante divorced her & told her to move on with her life. Now he decides to come back & some think she should be waiting to welcome him back. He is still not cured & could hurt someone.

Respected Contributor

@Tique  Did your student do that correctly.?

Honored Contributor

@CLHS68 

thanks    Smiley Happy

for that info on Genie  as i was wondering why we had nor seen here lately.

Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."