Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ October 2019 ~ Spoilers Included

@Wsmom  From what I remember, there was a discussion at that time, how they glossed over Anna's PV and other serious illnesses and diseases, as there should have been.  I agree, you should have been annoyed. As many of us have stated, the writers are awful! I didn't expect much until they finally, after years dealt with Mike's Alzheimer's in a memorable, truthful and compassionate manner. I think we were all so moved and loved that storyline and would love to see more of Mike.

The writers seem to have made the baby as of now, not have a severe case of Spina Bifida, unless I'm mistaken, (I don't know a lot about the disorder).  I think that could be for two reasons. 1- The viewers don't want to see a baby sick, hurting or harmed. 2- They probably again, would not know how to deal properly with SB and maybe they have learned their lesson from their passed mistakes and figured that they should cut their losses to a point. At least I hope so because to say the least, the writers stink at what they do and to upset more viewers that are dealing with that disorder, would be a crime,

.I hope you are well and stay that way.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

@Annabellethecat66No! Really? Characters are created and their storylines, written by writers on GH?  I thought they were all real people lol!

Who knew? The things you learn on the QVC boards!

Seriously? I think we all knew what she was talking about.

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: The Search For Nina’s Real Daughter Begins?

GH spoilers for Monday reveal a day of sneaking suspicions and dramatic confrontations in Port Charles.

General Hospital Spoilers Highlights

Nina knows Sasha is not her daughter and didn’t even fall for Sasha trying to tell her she masterminded this whole thing by herself. However, she also didn’t let Valentin answer the question of whether her mother really told her that she had a daughter.

Well, we all heard Madeline tell Valentin that little story about how Nina gave birth and she gave the child away. Was she telling the truth? Does Valentin know more than he’s about to let on?

Well, Liesl really wants to know if her sister was really that deceitful. All she knows is what Madeline told her but Madeline was also a woman who put her daughter in a coma for 20 years just so she could keep her money.

Meanwhile, Nina begins doubting everything and has a heart-to-heart with Maxie. However, Maxie is absolutely incredulous at the idea that Nina could ever trust Valentin again.

Bad Boyfriend

Maybe Maxie should be watching what her boyfriend is doing. Peter really doesn’t care who he hurts and if it’s one of Maxie’s closest friends, then so be it. As long as he can keep Maxie. He’s a lot like Valentin in that way, which makes sense.

Spoilers say he meets with a mysterious woman and he makes sure she understands what now needs to be done.

Jordan has no choice but to bring Sam in again and let the FBI accuse her of premeditated murder. Yep, Peter’s plan is working — so far.

General Hospital Spoilers: Showdown

Kim and Elizabeth run into each other on Monday and needless to say, it doesn’t go very well. Kim is still convinced Elizabeth’s husband is Drew Cain, and he is clearly not Drew Cain. Kim wonders if Elizabeth knows what she’s doing. Kim is the pot calling the kettle black.

Finally, Julian decides to pay a visit for Dranco over in Shadybrook. This memory-mapping thing ruined his life, too. And Julian is ready to have it out.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

Illinois

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I just glanced over these latest posts and it seems to me you guys are arguing or in a 'dispute' over characters in a soap.

You do realize these characters are at the whim of the writers, don't you?  Even the actors have very little input on what the characters will or won't do.

I've often read that many actors like acting like deadbeats, etc.  They enjoy those parts because (similar words) 'it stretches their acting skills' (whatever).

So, let's shake hands and give a hug.  Just hang in there and in a few weeks they'll be good guys or bad guys...whatever.

If you mean me, I wasn't arguing. I thought I was conversing about Scotty's comic relief and what Scotty was like as a late teen/early 20's guy. I never even said I liked him. I just remember him living with Lee Baldwin, being a student, and falling in love with Laura, and later becoming a bitter sleazy lawyer as a result of Luke. I don't feel I did anything wrong, but that's certainly how I'm being portrayed. I guess from now on, I don't dare give my take on anything for fear it will ruffle someone's feathers. 

Respected Contributor

NEW TOPIC:  RE:  Julian and Charlie's Pub vs. Olivia

This is what I recall and would appreciate any input if I missed something important.  Julian did not move to Manhattan and therefore, "lost" his down payment on a bar there.  Olivia wants her downpayment returned for the purchase of Charlies Pub since Julian backed out of the deal.  Julian won't give Olivia back her money since he "lost" his money on the contract for the NYC bar.  Now it seems that Julian thinks Olivia is "bad mouthing" Charlies with circulars around the community.

Did I miss something in that did the contract say Olivia gets her downpayment back from Julian if he backs out?  Did I miss that the contract states the monies are "non-refundable" if Julian backs out?  Is it really Olivia that is bad mouthing Charlies Pub as "pay back"?

Thank you in advance for any enlightenment.  :smileyhappy:

Respected Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

This is what I recall and would appreciate any input if I missed something important.  Julian did not move to Manhattan and therefore, "lost" his down payment on a bar there.  Olivia wants her downpayment returned for the purchase of Charlies Pub since Julian backed out of the deal.  Julian won't give Olivia back her money since he "lost" his money on the contract for the NYC bar.  Now it seems that Julian thinks Olivia is "bad mouthing" Charlies with circulars around the community.

Did I miss something in that did the contract say Olivia gets her downpayment back from Julian if he backs out?  Did I miss that the contract states the monies are "non-refundable" if Julian backs out?  Is it really Olivia that is bad mouthing Charlies Pub as "pay back"?

@mysoutherncomfort Et Al   Karma's a bit.. ain't it! Whether it be in Soapland or real life!😉

As far as the latter questions, I don't think we know the answers. At least I don't. Possibly @grandma r would know. She pays close attenion to details. That's her forte aside from 💃💃💃💃💃💃💃.

Honored Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

...Did I miss something in that did the contract say Olivia gets her downpayment back from Julian if he backs out?  Did I miss that the contract states the monies are "non-refundable" if Julian backs out?  Is it really Olivia that is bad mouthing Charlies Pub as "pay back"?

@mysoutherncomfort  I don't know about enlightenment but I am glad to see a new topic.

Julian told Alexis that the place he put a deposit on in Manhattan wasn't returning his deposit because he backed out of the deal; therefore he wasn't returning Olivia's deposit. The two situations are completely different since Olivia didn't back out but she did delay the sale so maybe that could have an impact on her deposit refund. I don't see why but since we didn't see nor hear what was in the contract, I am making an educated guess.

Another thought and this one is probably closer to what's really going on - Julian is being a big baby and trying to punish someone else because his plans didn't work out. 

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

I thought the deposit Julian lost was on an apartment for him & Kim. I don't know what is in the contract between him & Olivia. Maybe make Kim pay Olivia since she wrecked the plans.

Respected Contributor

@Tique 😘