Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ October 2019 ~ Spoilers Included

@vermint wrote:

@RainCityWoman @Tique  I don't remember Scott too well from his earliest days...that was pre-VCR's and I was either in school or working. But I will say I DID love him with Dominique...cried buckets when she died in his arms from a brain tumor! 

Do y'all remember that Lucy carried Serena for Scott & Dominique? Dom died right after she got to see the sonogram and hear the baby's heartbeat. Oh, what memories!

Dominique would be very disappointed in Scott these days.

Yes, I remember not only the Scotty/Laura love story, but also the sad demise of Dominique and Scotty holding her in his arms outside in the winter because she didn't want to die in the hospital. And yes, Lucy carried Serena for them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Tony was the older brother of WSB spy Frisco Jones, and even stole his girlfriend, Tania Roskov. The couple married and had a daughter, B.J. Jones, but Tania was killed by a hit-and-run driver who Tony actually had to operate on at the hospital.

General Hospital Frisco Tania Tony

We're guessing Tania couldn't resist that snazzy sweater! (Photo Credit: ABC Photo Archives/ABC via Getty Images)

Tony enjoyed a brief marriage to Lucy Coe, but maybe “enjoyed” isn’t the right word since they quickly split up after she cheated on him. He later married Bobbie Spencer, who adopted B.J. The couple also attempted to adopt a son, but Lucas Jones’ adoption was illegal, and they had to return him to his birth mother. However, when Cheryl was later killed in a car accident, Tony and Bobbie successfully fought Tiffany for custody of Lucas.

In 1994, B.J. was killed in a school van accident, and Tony agreed to allow the little girl’s heart to be given to her cousin, Maxie, who wouldn’t survive without a transplant. This family tragedy, combined with Bobbie’s affair with Damian Smith, led to Tony and Bobbie’s split. He then became involved with Carly Benson, the daughter Bobbie had given up for adoption as a teen.

General Hospital Tony BJ

Sadly, nothing could be done to save little B.J. (Photo Credit: Michael Yarish/ABC via Getty Images)

When Carly discovered she was pregnant, she was unsure who the father was until blood tests revealed Michael was A.J. Quartermaine’s son. But Tony had grown so close to the infant that he lost his grip and kidnapped Michael for a time. He was put on trial but found not guilty by reason of temporary insanity. However, Carly took her revenge, shooting Tony in court!

Later, Tony put the pieces of his life back together and returned to work as a neurosurgeon at the hospital. He was also supportive when adopted son Lucas came out of the closet and revealed he was gay.

General Hospital Tony Bobbie

Bobbie was by Tony's side as he passed away. (Photo Credit: ABC)

Tragically, Tony died in February of 2006 during an encephalitis epidemic at General Hospital. He passed away believing that B.J. was waiting for him on the other side. He is remembered fondly by those who loved him, including the longtime fans of GH who miss him.

Thanks for the details that I had forgotten. I forgot Carly shot him in court, but then she never really pays for her transgressions, and there have been SO many.

Esteemed Contributor

I do pray that any of our California friends are safe from the fires!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Tique wrote:

Obviously comic relief is relative because I find it in Liesl but I've never found anything in Scott except someone whom I dislike intensely {more and more each year}, am annoyed/irritated by, and would be pleased if he were to step onto the GH elevator.

He didn't start out that way. He was sweet and kind and thoughtful. His and Laura's love story was lovely. But then she fell in love with her rapist Luke, and it changed Scotty forever. He became bitter, angry, and unscrupulous. Then when he did allow himself to fall in love again, she goes and dies of some terrible disease. I still can't help but laugh at him sometimes. I also think Liesl is kind of funny too.

I'm not sure what you mean "He didn't start out that way". I was expressing how I feel. No I have never liked Scott even before Luke raped Laura. Think of how you dislike Sonny. Same thing. We both are entitled to like/dislike who we choose.

I meant exactly what I said. As a very young man who fell in love with a 16 year old Laura, he was NOT a sleaze or anything like what he became.  Geez! I was simply having a conversation with you. I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, nor was I attacking you. I was just trying to point out what he was like when Laura married him. He's one of the characters who was changed drastically by the writers. Sonny is one whom they never change. You're right, I don't like him, but he's always been the same as he is today. Scotty wasn't. I'll have to remember, though, that from now on, I am not allowed to comment on anything you post. Message received.

@RainCityWoman  If you look at the flow of our conversation it seemed like you were commenting on what I said directly above your post. You were talking about how Scott started out after my comments on how I feel about him. Maybe that's not how you meant it but it is why I didn't understand you starting with "He didn't start out that way". Do you at least understand why it seemed like since you quoted me, you were replying to my post above or at least referencing something I said?

ETA Maybe you thought I liked him at one time and then changed my mind because he changed and that's why you said "He didn't start out that way"; however, I never liked him. I admit that may be irrational but it's true. Just like I never liked Julian.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

I do pray that any of our California friends are safe from the fires!!!!

@grandma r  thank you for that. I join you in those thoughts.

Sometimes I wish I knew where we all live - statewise.

Ladies

Is that something you would be ok sharing?

Me - Illinois

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique   me, Pennsylvania (Lehigh Valley)

Honored Contributor

Tennessee here @Tique .

Prayers for California.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Tique wrote:

Obviously comic relief is relative because I find it in Liesl but I've never found anything in Scott except someone whom I dislike intensely {more and more each year}, am annoyed/irritated by, and would be pleased if he were to step onto the GH elevator.

He didn't start out that way. He was sweet and kind and thoughtful. His and Laura's love story was lovely. But then she fell in love with her rapist Luke, and it changed Scotty forever. He became bitter, angry, and unscrupulous. Then when he did allow himself to fall in love again, she goes and dies of some terrible disease. I still can't help but laugh at him sometimes. I also think Liesl is kind of funny too.

I'm not sure what you mean "He didn't start out that way". I was expressing how I feel. No I have never liked Scott even before Luke raped Laura. Think of how you dislike Sonny. Same thing. We both are entitled to like/dislike who we choose.

I meant exactly what I said. As a very young man who fell in love with a 16 year old Laura, he was NOT a sleaze or anything like what he became.  Geez! I was simply having a conversation with you. I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, nor was I attacking you. I was just trying to point out what he was like when Laura married him. He's one of the characters who was changed drastically by the writers. Sonny is one whom they never change. You're right, I don't like him, but he's always been the same as he is today. Scotty wasn't. I'll have to remember, though, that from now on, I am not allowed to comment on anything you post. Message received.

@RainCityWoman  If you look at the flow of our conversation it seemed like you were commenting on what I said directly above your post. You were talking about how Scott started out after my comments on how I feel about him. Maybe that's not how you meant it but it is why I didn't understand you starting with "He didn't start out that way". Do you at least understand why it seemed like since you quoted me, you were replying to my post above or at least referencing something I said?

ETA Maybe you thought I liked him at one time and then changed my mind because he changed and that's why you said "He didn't start out that way"; however, I never liked him. I admit that may be irrational but it's true. Just like I never liked Julian.

I WAS having a conversation with you after your comment. I just gave my take on him. I remember him when he was a very very young man. Is there something wrong with my responding to what you said after you were all over what I said about his being comic relief at times? Please explain to me the rules of the game so that I don't commit some other egregious error. 

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers for Monday Oct 14th:

Peter takes a meeting with a mysterious woman, Roz.

Carly insists on hearing all the details.

Sam is approached by Jordan.

GH Spoilers for Tuesday Oct 15th:

Obrecht gets an enlightening phone call.

Jax updates Hayden on the series of events.

Alexis runs into Finn.

GH Spoilers for Wednesday Oct 16th:

Michael is concerned.

Valentin is surprised.

Brad attends Nelle’s parole hearing.

GH Spoilers for Thursday Oct 17th:

Laura reaches out to Ava.

Franco gets a visitor.

Elizabeth looks on as Scott preps for trial.

GH Spoilers for Friday Oct 18th:

Jason is cautiously optimistic.

Michael is committed to Sasha.

Chase investigates Ryan’s latest act of violence at Pentonville.

Respected Contributor

@Tique I am in Pennsylvania. It is a good idea knowing if one of us may be in harms way. I am just leary of putting a more complete address on a public forum.

You know I did not like Sasha taking all the blame with Nina. She does not know how many times Valentine has lied to Nina. I understand her not wanting to take everything from Nina but that was not the way.