Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ October 2019 ~ Spoilers Included

@daisy4 wrote:

I can  understand Jax's concern for his daughter, but i can also understand why Sonny wants to help Dev.  Dev comes across as a good kid who put himself in harm's way to help Sonny and Dante in Turkey.  At this point I would hate to see Dev turned away.  Yes Sonny is a criminal, but he always has been so Jax has nothing new in that area.  Yes Sonny's children have often been in harms way, but Jax has always known that.  Why all of a sudden is he on the case?  Sonny and Jax have always had an antagonistic relationship, but Dev doesn't deserve to suffer for that.

@daisy4   Jax said he didn't have anything against Dev and he understood Sonny's desire to help him. Why is helping Dev equivalent to Dev must live with him? I don't understand why Sonny with all his resources couldn't/can't find another way to help Dev other than bringing him into his home. Not only do I and a few others here feel the same way, in actuality so does Carly and so does Jason. Whatever Jax may feel about Sonny's children, what he feels about his own supersedes all that.

Let me ask you a question: If you had two minor females, would you be okay with your DH bringing a strange person into your home to live with you and them? I wouldn't.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

Yes, @ cowboy sam, not only is Jacks operating outside of PC's crime syndicate lol, those eyes are gorgeous!

And Sam Elliott's voice... I could listen to "Beef-- it's what's for dinner" all day. And night.😯

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@daisy4 wrote:

I can  understand Jax's concern for his daughter, but i can also understand why Sonny wants to help Dev.  Dev comes across as a good kid who put himself in harm's way to help Sonny and Dante in Turkey.  At this point I would hate to see Dev turned away.  Yes Sonny is a criminal, but he always has been so Jax has nothing new in that area.  Yes Sonny's children have often been in harms way, but Jax has always known that.  Why all of a sudden is he on the case?  Sonny and Jax have always had an antagonistic relationship, but Dev doesn't deserve to suffer for that.

@daisy4   Jax said he didn't have anything against Dev and he understood Sonny's desire to help him. Why is helping Dev equivalent to Dev must live with him? I don't understand why Sonny with all his resources couldn't/can't find another way to help Dev other than bringing him into his home. Not only do I and a few others here feel the same way, in actuality so does Carly and so does Jason. Whatever Jax may feel about Sonny's children, what he feels about his own supersedes all that.

Let me ask you a question: If you had two minor females, would you be okay with your DH bringing a strange person into your home to live with you and them? I wouldn't.

In real life I wouldn't be happy with most of what goes on in Port Charles.  That being said I think my heart goes out to Dev who obviously has no family of his own.  I think he had the feeling of belonging to a family, and that would be taken away from him if he is sent away.  Although he is basically a "street kid"  As a person who was a teacher for over 20 years  I have a soft spot for children in need.  In the world of Sonny's Port Charles there are many dangerous people so this is nothing new.  Joss has always been in danger just living under Sonny's roof.  All of Sonny's children, and Jason's children have the potential for danger.  (Look what Helena did to poor Jake.) That's why there are so many guards around including the ones that watch over Joss .  Sending Dev away does not take away the danger surrounding the children of these "criminals".  Would I be okay living like that?  Of course not - but this is a soap opera world.  

Honored Contributor

I believe it was back in the September thread, I commented that I thought the make-up people had come around as far as Nina's make-up.  It was heavier and she looked great.  Then they went right back to the blah look.  Something needs to be done with her eye make-up.  Her eyes always look half done to me.  But the lipstick was a good start.

None of the wedding attire made sense to me.  The men are all in tuxes but the womens' wardrobe didn't match.  LuLu was dressed nicer than Sasha who was in the wedding.  Sasha's dress and shoes were blah.  Again, bride in a formal gown, groom in a tux and Sasha in something people wear to work.   Charlotte's dress was awful. 

Maxie looked like someone's old auntie.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Yes Maxie has put on some weight but she doesn't weigh 600 pounds.  There is no reason why it should be hard to dress her.  For some reason they have taken her from being a fashionista to a frumpadump.   It's like they are sending out a message that if you aren't a size 2, you can't wear stylish clothing.

I have a feeling Sasha is going to deny what LuLu is saying.  She will have an excuse later for Michael about not wanting to ruin Nina's day.  The way she and Michael were looking at each other and nodding, I thought she was going to blurt it out herself.  LuLu is going to come off looking foolish when Sasha and Leisel claim she misheard the conversation.  I hope I'm wrong because I'm tired of this.

Honored Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

In real life I wouldn't be happy with most of what goes on in Port Charles.  That being said I think my heart goes out to Dev who obviously has no family of his own.  I think he had the feeling of belonging to a family, and that would be taken away from him if he is sent away.  Although he is basically a "street kid"  As a person who was a teacher for over 20 years  I have a soft spot for children in need.  In the world of Sonny's Port Charles there are many dangerous people so this is nothing new.  Joss has always been in danger just living under Sonny's roof.  All of Sonny's children, and Jason's children have the potential for danger.  (Look what Helena did to poor Jake.) That's why there are so many guards around including the ones that watch over Joss .  Sending Dev away does not take away the danger surrounding the children of these "criminals".  Would I be okay living like that?  Of course not - but this is a soap opera world.  

We're not going to agree on this but what I bolded above is exactly my point of why he should have never been in Sonny's house in the first place. Just like Sonny paid Mike's cousin to lie and say that Dev is her grandson, he could have found a family or even a single person to take Dev in. Sonny could have paid the person[s] generously, taken care of all of Dev's financial needs, and still been heavily involved in overseeing Dev's life. Just saying.

If Sonny had been honest with Jax instead of forcing Joss to lie to him, I think this could have gone differently. All Sonny had to do is put himself in Jax's place and think about how he would have felt if this had been one of his daughters. Look at the battles he's had with Ava.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I'm tired of it all also!!

Let the truth be told!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@Tique 

oh...my gosh...i forgot about Brick!!!Woman Frustrated

That's Sonny's fault for not giving him a job for us to see him more often!!!

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

@Moonlady 

What Sam is in a new commercial...well his voice only?

I haven't heard it yet....oh my!

preds 06-21-20
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@daisy4   you mentioned something of importance in your post - you are a teacher. That's a profession which even when one retires, you never stop doing it. I can tell you were a passionate teacher and I have a feeling many of your childrens' lives were touched and enriched by your service. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@Tique @daisy4  I have to go but I thought I would check in for a minute. Wow, reading both of your posts was like watching a great tennis match. Really interesting and exiting. You both aced the ball over the net. Both made your points so eloquently.  IMO, both are right in your views.  I think Sonny coming from his background, no father around ( and then being beaten and locked in a closet) feels strongly about not having a family growing up and now he feels that he has to protect the ones he loves, even though he has put them in danger. That's why he feels so strongly about Dev. I like @Tique, have always felt a propensity towards Sonny. (good or bad).

On the other hand, he does have two females living in his home and Dev COULD and MIGHT bring trouble. So for all intensive purposes, Dev,  should not be in the same house. Sonny, Jason or even Brick could have found him another place to live, close to them. With another family or caretaker for him. That's the way I would have gone.

So, thanks for your stimulating opposing views. Both of you gave my brain a lift today before the holiday and for making me smile. All opinions are soooo welcome here and always appreciated, even if they are opposing views. This is everyone's safe place to talk, vent, laugh, cry or whatever.

As always, "One for all and all for one." Great guys!

Thank you @daisy4  and thank you @Tique .

PS: As @Tique  said, thank you for all that you have done for our kids. You can never be repaid for your services and obviously your emotional support for and to them. I believe, your profession has always been under appreciated!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.