Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ November 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@Wsmom wrote:

@Tique and others who are hesitant to join the other board, since the lockout many of us have been over there posting.  You were missed and it would feel more complete if you were there, too....food for thought.  

Let me second that. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be a GH viewer, as things are looking more bleak than usual. Actors come and actors go and I suspect both of those purportedly leaving will eventually be back, so it isn't about that, but about characters and storylines that are uninteresting and untenable and yet seem to go on and on.

Regardless, being part of this mix has felt like home but lately it's been like a home we're not sure we can really count on. Several of us have continued 'over there' and will try to keep the home fires stoked 'over there' for anyone who wants to drop in or for the next time things over here aren't working. Nothing will replace the original and there is no effort to even try, but something is usually better than nothing...Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Yay!!!  I am very glad to be able to log back in as of today.  It has been a week since I was able to be here.  I posted yesterday that I was going to be very upset if that was the end of these boards because I feel like I have become friends with many of you and I would hate the thought of all of a sudden not being able to chat anymore.

As far as GH, Ingo is a clown to me.  He knew what he was doing retweeting what he did.  If he didn't agree with the tweet, why did he share it?  His apology doesn't sit well with me because I think it's fake.  Don't even get me started on him trying to talk about the proof that he can't possibly be transphobic.    

Steve Burton had Covid so I really don't get why he needs to be vaccinated at this time.  I strongly disagree with that. 

I too have felt that he hasn't looked good in very long while.  He is very thin to me and his face looks very "hard."  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  When you think about it, they can't let Burton do his own thing. First of all, having had Covid once doesn't preclude someone having it again or potentially spreading it. Then too, if ABC, right or wrong, includes everyone in their mandate, then I suppose that's why Burton is expected to follow suit. It wouldn't be feasible to expect everyone else to vax but to exempt him.

There was talk of him going back to Young and Restless, but hope that doesn't happen. I'm not back to watching Y&R, as it's even more lethally boring than GH at this point, but didn't think he added a thing to the show last time he was there. I don't know what the CBS policy is but do know that distancing on the CBS soaps was ridiculous long after the folks on GH started interacting more normally.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  When you think about it, they can't let Burton do his own thing. First of all, having had Covid once doesn't preclude someone having it again or potentially spreading it. Then too, if ABC, right or wrong, includes everyone in their mandate, then I suppose that's why Burton is expected to follow suit. It wouldn't be feasible to expect everyone else to vax but to exempt him.

There was talk of him going back to Young and Restless, but hope that doesn't happen. I'm not back to watching Y&R, as it's even more lethally boring than GH at this point, but didn't think he added a thing to the show last time he was there. I don't know what the CBS policy is but do know that distancing on the CBS soaps was ridiculous long after the folks on GH started interacting more normally.

@stevieb but neither does the vaccine.  I'm not anti-vaccine, I've been vaccinated, but that is just the truth.  Many vaccinated people have tested positive for Covid.  I have an issue with the mandate because I truly believe this shouldn't be an issue of vaccinated or not vaccinated.  It should be an issue of immune or not immune and Steve has immunity since he had Covid.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I whole-heartedly agree with you that having been vaccinated might or might not mean a whole lot, but if they've set the standard then one supposes it's their ballgame. Besides, it's unclear how long post Covid immunity lasts and it's been at least several months for him, so to me, that's not much of a factor for him being exempt. More to the point, while I'm not sure I agree with these 'mandates', I guess my feeling is that if an entity enacts one they can't go around exempting people or the whole thing falls on its face. What I could potentially see is the option of a temporary layoff or daily tests in lieu of being vaccinated, but also understand options can be cumbersome and costly and can clearly impact morale. I guess if every other GH employee is held to that standard, I can see clearly why the exception cannot be made for him. 

Honored Contributor

Let me just say this... Assuming Burton is out I IMPLORE TPTB NOT to recast and come up with another idiotic twins that don't look a thing alike storyline a few years down the road when they decide to bring him back... Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@stevieb I totally agree that they put the mandate in place and now they have to stick by it.  It must apply to everyone.  

Respected Contributor

Maybe they'll let Dr Austin play all three roles....Dr Austin, Jax, and Jason.  TPTB seem to think the viewers won't notice he is a new character.  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

Today is the first time in a long time I have been able to sign in!  Hope everyone can come back.  During the time I was not allowed to sign in I read that Ingo Redemaker (not sure how to spell his name - but I'm talking about the actor that plays Jax)  is no longer on GH.  Not sure if this is true, but the article said he made some remarks about people that were unacceptable so he was asked to go.  Don't know if that means Jax is gone or they will hire a new actor to play him.  As I said - not sure this is true.

@daisy4 Me too - this is the first time I could sign onto the forum in a week. And I have been reading about Jax and Jason.  They both have been let go - because neither would take the vaccine.  Those two hunks are the main reason I even watch GH.  It is certainly not for the story lines.  Lately, I feel like everything good is being taken away from me, including this forum.  Ugh.  I am going to miss Ingo & Steve.  I may just stop watching.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Tique   Thank you for posting the news of Steve Burton....I hadn't heard he would be leaving.  I heard about Ingo, but not Steve.

Along those lines, I saw the Tuesday episode last night (I'm a day behind) and I didn't think Steve/Jason looked good at all.  Is it my imagination or has he lost a lot of weight....especially in his face.  I actually thought he looked sickly. 

@Travone I kind of thought Jason looked sick too - could not decide if he had lost weight, or he was aging, or bad lighting, or what was going on.  He looked good as recently as his "wedding" to Carly.  Hope he is okay.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead