Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ November 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

Let Steve Burton's character stay dead. Several members of that cast caught Covid. From whom? I do not understand people who have no care about keeping this disease alive forever, instead of doing it for the greater good. Even my Christian Science friends who were raised in the church and have kept their religion all their lives, chose to do something for the country and have the vaccine. I don't know of any religion, except perhaps JW's who would forbid a vaccine. Actually, I think they just don't have transfusions.

Trusted Contributor

SB and IR were probably not allowed by the show to acknowledge they were fired, despite all the rumors that surrounded them these last few weeks. It was Nancy Grahn who actually confirmed that IR was out. Now that his last show has aired SB is making it official. I just hope it is permanent at least for SB. ( I admit SB surprised me that he didn’t cave in the end.)
Honored Contributor

Personally, I've never been a big Jason/Steve Burton fan, though I would possibly have liked the hookup with Carly, and while the character has been important to the show, one feels certain they'll find ways to move on, either without Jason or with a recast. I am not among the faithful that feel only he can play this role. Having said all that and having caught up with about four episodes the other day, it occurred to me that this show really could be so good if they'd just streamline the number of stories and characters they try to juggle. They really can't do justice to any of them when there are so many that seem half baked, and frankly, so many of both are fully expendable if they'd make better use of the more solid among them. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I actually think they should recast Jason if they get the right one. 

Rumor is it might be Trevor St. John, especially since he bears a resemblance to Steve Burton. I feel like Jason will have a storyline that involves the shattering of Sonny and Carly's marriage. Remember yesterday (?) when Carly called Jason and got his voice mail and left a message? I think she has buried her attraction to Jason because Sonny is back, but if she learns that he is missing and presumed dead, she will go berserk. The fallout of that will affect her marriage to Sonny, with Nina lurking in the background. 

Esteemed Contributor

Why in the world didn't BLQ just tell Valentin the truth????  He would have moved Heaven and Earth to keep Louise safe from Peter. 

As for the actors let go....their choice, as I see it.  Does anyone remember back in the '50s when the polio vaccine was discovered????  Everyone was elated and lined up for shots.  School children received the shots at school!!!  There was no hysteria or protests.  We were thankful that a vaccine had been developed to end polio!!!  It's called common sense.

Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@WildDunes 

Latest Happy Birthday GIF | Birthday cake gif, Happy ...

Happy felicitations and wishing you a fantastic birthday celebration.  Normally, I would forgo the cake, and just join in the libations, however, I must admit that @Tique did herself proud and ask that you save me a piece.  Enjoy....Enjoy!!

Respected Contributor

So it's bye bye to Ingo/Jax and now Steve/Jason who is presumably "dead" trapped under rubble on Cassadine Island.  OK by me.  Perhaps the next "incarnation/resurrection" of Jason Morgan (maybe TSJ) will have more to offer than a constipated look and 4-6 words at a time.  IMO, the character and the actor might as well have phoned in his part; much like someone else on GH.  This is based solely on my being a GH "lifer" and has nothing to do with SB's being vaxed or not.  Sometimes actors become complacent and just recycle and/or outgrow their parts.  :womanfrustrated:

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Steve Burton Finally Addresses His Status On General Hospital

Diane Brounstein

General Hospital Steve Burton

Last Friday on General Hospital, Peter August shot in the direction of Jason Morgan, triggering a tunnel collapse that appeared to bury Jason. His body hasn’t been found, leading fans to wonder about his future. Rumors have been swirling for months about Steve Burton’s status with the show. Now the actor is addressing it.

Steve Burton Speaks Out

Burton issued a statement via his Instagram account. “I know there have been a lot of rumors and speculations about me and General Hospital and I wanted you to hear it from me personally,” began the actor. “Unfortunately, General Hospital has let me go because of the vaccine mandate. I did apply for my medical and religious exemptions. Both of those were denied, which hurts. But this is also about personal freedom to me. I don’t think anyone should lose their livelihood over this but with that being said, you know me. I’ll always be grateful for my time at General Hospital. I love it there, I grew up there.”

The actor went on to speak well of the future and that one day, if the mandates are lifted he can return and finish his career as Jason Morgan. “That would be an honor,” he shared...

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

For pity's sake someone shut the front door:  Now Chase is going to be BLQ's baby daddy in order to protect baby Bailey/Louise from Peter.  And Peter is coming home to PC to stand trial for his misdeeds.  Hmmm, I thought with the WSB in charge, he would be held and tried at Steinmouer or some such venue.  Will he escape?  Will Maxie be drawn back into his web of deceit and destruction?  Can't you hear the music playing in the background....TA DA DA DAAAAAA....

As others have stated including @grandma r ENOUGH with a newborn and medical problems.  Going the other way this time (happy, healthy baby and parents) would have been a happily creative scenario.  This doom/gloom with babies and kids (I repeat) are ENOUGH.  Live and let live for once......Yeech!!

Esteemed Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort. One would think, with the WSB in charge, Peter would be transported to Steinmauer or the Hague.  Both are much closer to Crete, though not necessarily more secure that the PCPD.

Babies are precious gifts!!!  Donna was born with Spina bifida and now Babin Corbin is in danger.  WHY??????