Honored Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ November 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@stevieb wrote:

On the Case

Back in Port Charles, Anna Devane and Valentin Cassadine may be terrific spies but even they can’t necessarily out-maneuver the entire World Security Bureau when there is something the agency wants to bury under the rug. The two reel from Robert Scorpio’s news. But can they rebound fast enough to go after Peter themselves? Lets hope not.

@Tique...  Yes, another solid vote for I hope not... And incidentally, that initial premise about them being terrific spies is grossly erroneous... You think that was intended to be a joke...?

@stevieb  the more I read about Anna the more it becomes evident that many of those thoughts are based on the character's past. I don't believe it was intended to be a joke; however it is to those who live in the present and recognize/accept change.

I empathize with Finola Hughes because it must be incredibly hard to portray Anna as she's written in the present versus in the past.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

This article was published at the end of September in tandem with the end of the 2020/2021 season. It contains information about the other three soaps and other daytime programming which will not be included unless it's in reference/comparison to GH.

Daytime Broadcast Ratings: ‘General Hospital’ Thrives...

Errol Lewis

The week of September 13-17, 2021 marked the final week of the 2020-2021 television season. While most shows were either  stable or slightly down week to week, ABC’s General Hospital was the standout performer in both week to week and year to year comparisons. Without preemptions or reruns factored into its ratings this week, the soap was daytime’s biggest gainer in all key categories...

General Hospital Ratings

The wedding of Carly Corinthos and Jason Morgan and Sonny regaining his memories, along with several other storylines reaching their climax, led GH to its best performance in Total Viewers since the week of April 13, 2000.

Overall, 2.389 million viewers watched a week filled with explosive cliffhangers. The soap was up +438,000 viewers week to week and up +362,000 viewers year to year.

In the key sales demos, GH topped Bold and Beautiful for the first time since the week of December 21, 2020 in both Women 25-54 and in Women 18-49 ratings.

GH grew the most week to week in Women 25-54 ratings, up +0.11 to place fourth. Only 0.05 rating points separated the soap from tying third place Y&R.

GH hit a 1.6 rating for the first time since the week of June 21, 2021...

source: soapoperanetwork

Honored Contributor

That's great news @Tique !

What have we been screaming about for over two decades now? Bring back the Q family and enough of Sonny as a mobster front and center all day every day.

Boom! People like GH again. They really like it. Smiley Happy

I think this has been the most balanced the show has been in a long time and with the nod to the show's history with Austin Holt and the rest of the Qs as well as letting Anna and Robert do what they do best and tying in the Cassadines which have been left to flounder for too long, I actually recognize my soap again.

Not big on making Nik a baddie but as long as he loses his shirt every once in a while, I am happy to have him take over the mantle from Helena.   

And we've remembered the hospital and Kelly's and Scotty and his hair gel for comic relief. If they bring back Noah and Heather for some live entertainment and straight up crazy, I may not be able to contain myself.  

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

That's great news @Tique !

What have we been screaming about for over two decades now? Bring back the Q family and enough of Sonny as a mobster front and center all day every day.

Boom! People like GH again. They really like it. Smiley Happy

I think this has been the most balanced the show has been in a long time and with the nod to the show's history with Austin Holt and the rest of the Qs as well as letting Anna and Robert do what they do best and tying in the Cassadines which have been left to flounder for too long, I actually recognize my soap again.

Not big on making Nik a baddie but as long as he loses his shirt every once in a while, I am happy to have him take over the mantle from Helena.   

And we've remembered the hospital and Kelly's and Scotty and his hair gel for comic relief. If they bring back Noah and Heather for some live entertainment and straight up crazy, I may not be able to contain myself.  

Bring back Heather and let her deal with Esme.  Gotta love the "crazy" and I'll buy the first round of BLT's from Kelly's.  :womanvery-happy:

Honored Contributor

GH News: Kelly Monaco Suffers Loss -

Actor Heath Freeman Dies

Friends of Kelly Monaco are showing their support of the news broke out that Kelly has lost someone close to her...

GH news reports confirm that Bones and NCIS actor, Heath Freeman, has passed away at age 41. Freeman and General Hospital’s Kelly Monaco we’re were romantically involved from 2010-2014, and remained close friends ever since...

source: ghblog

I remember seeing pictures of them. Anyone familiar with Mr. Freeman from the shows mentioned above or elsewhere?

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

On the Case

Back in Port Charles, Anna Devane and Valentin Cassadine may be terrific spies but even they can’t necessarily out-maneuver the entire World Security Bureau when there is something the agency wants to bury under the rug. The two reel from Robert Scorpio’s news. But can they rebound fast enough to go after Peter themselves? Lets hope not.

@Tique...  Yes, another solid vote for I hope not... And incidentally, that initial premise about them being terrific spies is grossly erroneous... You think that was intended to be a joke...?

@stevieb  the more I read about Anna the more it becomes evident that many of those thoughts are based on the character's past. I don't believe it was intended to be a joke; however it is to those who live in the present and recognize/accept change.

I empathize with Finola Hughes because it must be incredibly hard to portray Anna as she's written in the present versus in the past.

@Tique  I knew it wasn't intended as a joke even though it plays out as one, as do related efforts to recapture history. By now, Anna, Robert and a few others, by rights, should be gracefully retired senior statemen, who are brought out occasionally for reasons of contiunity and nostalgia, but who are otherwise settled, and are not put into embarassing storylines well past their stage in life. Hughs is 62 years old, Rogers is 75. Trying to position either of them as 'top spies' and action heros goes well beyond mere wishful thinking.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

You have made my day, @grandma r .  He is my favorite all time soap star!  Ok, maybe on the list, at least.  

I do NOT hope they recast SB, bc as soon as he wants to come back, ABC wll fire whomever the recast was (read: Billy Miller, my true love) .

And I saw him live this past summer, and ladies his nose goes on for MILES!  It is a huge honker!!!

@redwingsgal , Steve Burton's nose?  Was it a comedy thiing with Spinelli?  How was it?  I am sure you talked about it at the time but I can't remember!  Anyway, back to the nose...they must do an incredible makeup/shading job on the show.

Honored Contributor

@Tique ... My hope, given what it would mean for the intellect and possible sanity of viewers otherwise, is that the ratings bump enjoyed by GH was part and parcel of the Carly/Jason nuptials, Sonny's return, and the dreadful Nixon Falls storyline coming to a head, even if we learned quickly that any sort of meaningful climax or resolution was to be denied viewers, as things so often play out here... Along with so many other things, these writers don't do denouement well... 

Otherwise, higher ratings are inexplicable, given how dull events have been now for weeks, the half-baked nature and snail's pace at which story is developed and told and the incessant focus on teens-teens-teens, along with other hardly compelling characters and stories, like the nonsense in Greece and wherever else the not intriguing international intrigue allegedly unfolded... I honestly couldn't say where... I fast forwarded through most of it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mysoutherncomfort  LOL!!!  Smiley Very Happy I'll throw in the chili.  

@Tique  I have never heard of him. I don't really get involved with actor's personal stuff. The only thing I thought I had read at one point about KM was she was involved with someone for a long, long time like a high school sweetheart before it ended (it caught my attention because I thought all that wasted time) but maybe it was this guy. I don't watch the two shows they mentioned he starred in. Prayers to his friends and family. That's way too young. Heart  

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@mysoutherncomfort  LOL!!!  Smiley Very Happy I'll throw in the chili.  

@Tique  I have never heard of him. I don't really get involved with actor's personal stuff. The only thing I thought I had read at one point about KM was she was involved with someone for a long, long time like a high school sweetheart before it ended (it caught my attention because I thought all that wasted time) but maybe it was this guy. I don't watch the two shows they mentioned he starred in. Prayers to his friends and family. That's way too young. Heart  

@Laura14 I don't think KM's long time boyfriend was this guy.  I remember reading about that too, a very long time ago.  I have never heard of this actor, and his passing is very sad indeed.  Apparently KM is now "in love" with Val from Dancing with the Stars, or so I just read.  Personally, I don't care for her.  I guess I should not have an opinion, since I have never met her personally.  But something about her just tells me that she is not someone I would want to be friends with.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead