Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ November 2020 ~ Spoilers Included

@Tique   I agree.  I'm thankful we decided to vote early by mail.  Tomorrow could become very ugly.  I pray violence doesn't happen.

I didn't think that was Ian; he looks too thin.  Oh well, it's hard to know who's under the masks.

Thanks for the pics!!!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@VaBelle35  No you didn’t miss a thing.  I watched about 5 minutes too then I fast forwarded over all of it.

I live right across the Va DC line.  I’m inundated with politics all day over and over.

I was hoping I could watch my soaps to ‘get away from it’; but TV had another idea.

Anyway.....

I'm on the other side the the county near you, so I hear you.  I only watch recorded shows and have been almost dvd exclusively for the last 4-5 weeks.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

Wondering after tomorrow, how many times the programs will be interrupted for breaking updates if the events of tomorrow are not readily available.  

Some interesting things are about to happen on GH, let's hope things don't drag out too long.  

Helen852
Respected Contributor

Election Episode

I thought today's episode was very nostalgic. I didn't need a history lesson, but I got one anyway, enjoying it ; occasionally wiping a tear or 2 from my eye. This episode sparked memories for me. I was reminded of my first time voting, along with my good friend Lauren. I remember feeling adult, and like we were part of something important, and proud to live in a free country.  I usually don't get involved in the teen storylines, but I'm glad I stayed with it. Today's episode was a better episode than the other 2 soaps that I watch daily. We need to lift our girls self esteem and empower them by building their confidence. I think GH captured that sentiment today. 

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

For those who have chosen to wait until tomorrow, PLEASE be careful. 

If you don't know what I'm trying to tactfully say, turn on the news.

I am going today after work.  I have a friend who's husband is a police officer and she said they will have officers in plain clothes at the various voting places because they aren't sure how things will be.  Right now there are no threats and they aren't expecting problems tomorrow.  However, I do know there are businesses in Cleveland that are expecting possible problems tomorrow.  Sad.

I have always voted on election day with the exception of 1 year.  There is just something about doing it on the actual day for me.      

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Businesses here are boarding up their windows in case of trouble. I just don't understand people anymore that they can't act as responsible adults.

Thanks to everyone for the Birthday wishes for my friend. She & I appreciate them. She is a very special person loved by all. I sent flowers & told them to send something bright & cheery when they ask what I wanted. I feel we all need cheerful.

Respected Contributor

To answer TQOTM, I really try to read every post here, if I get too far behind, I take my time through each one.

I thought Friday's epi was one of the best in a while.  Def SWEEPS!

If Alex is here to do something (to Peter, etc) that is fine, what I do NOT want is her to try to take over Anna's life a la Natalie/Janet (et al) on AMC

I am pulling for Ava and Nik to make it!  I have always thought MW is a great actress and I am liking Nik with her alot

I hope Franco gets some "Christmas Miracle" and stays the way he is now.  The way the showed us his dreams before we knew of the tumor was excellent

Love that the Jackal and my-not-so-fav-character have Peter by his jewels!

The voting epi was ok as they did not go into any politics of today.  It showed what we women went through to get the right to vote

I voted early!  I am happy it will all be over!!

Paging @Laura14 , Alcolexis is drinking again, I need you commentary, please!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

November Promo

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

If any/all of you watched yesterday's episode (Monday Nov 2) and you are a woman, I wonder how many of you shared the same reaction that I did.

Holy Suffragettes Women - I honestly, cried my eyes out. WOW, the actors and writers truly UNITED on this surprise story line. What a fabulous way to not only SPEAK the TRUTH but as importanly a history lesson for all of us who watched just how OUR VOTE came to be. As I write this thinking about yesterday's show tears still welling up for what we've accomplished, what we've needed to do, all we've endored, been forced to do for ourselves, for WOMEN EVERYWHERE in this country. 

I especially liked how a couple of the stars played the supressed roles, subservient lives we thought were okay to live all because of the male attitudes towards women. 

Yet, these actors listened to words spoken by others, jailed or not for their/our beliefs finally came around to understanding what we've been up against much like the slaves so many decades ago.

KUDOS to the actors and writers of General Hospital - taking a stand as WE ALL need to do.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD 

I agree with you totally, I have read many on the GH board

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

If any/all of you watched yesterday's episode (Monday Nov 2) and you are a woman, I wonder how many of you shared the same reaction that I did.

Holy Suffragettes Women - I honestly, cried my eyes out. WOW, the actors and writers truly UNITED on this surprise story line. What a fabulous way to not only SPEAK the TRUTH but as importanly a history lesson for all of us who watched just how OUR VOTE came to be. As I write this thinking about yesterday's show tears still welling up for what we've accomplished, what we've needed to do, all we've endored, been forced to do for ourselves, for WOMEN EVERYWHERE in this country. 

I especially liked how a couple of the stars played the supressed roles, subservient lives we thought were okay to live all because of the male attitudes towards women. 

Yet, these actors listened to words spoken by others, jailed or not for their/our beliefs finally came around to understanding what we've been up against much like the slaves so many decades ago.

KUDOS to the actors and writers of General Hospital - taking a stand as WE ALL need to do.

on FB who hated it and did not want a history lesson

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.