Esteemed Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ November 2019 ~ Spoilers Included

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

@Wsmom Off topic in that inquiring as to how you and the community at large are doing with the fires?  My brother is in Southern California; and so far ok.  Sending prayers and lots of rain out to the west coast (no wind please).  Take care!!

Thanks so much for asking, @mysoutherncomfort .  We are fortunate that we are not by the fires.  The wind has died down so that has been a huge help in getting the fires under control.  Honestly, it got to where every time I turned on the news another had popped up, especially in So Cal.  

Honored Contributor

If it wasn't for here, I doubt I'd know what was going on!  I don't watch any of the Franco/Drew stuff.  I just can't stand looking at or listening to him THINK he's Drew....it's just too stupid...stupid.

I'm also way, way (add another way) over the Oscar boo hoo story line!  Good grief!  I was yelling at the TV to the boo hoo girl, "Go to Disney.  He's over there making a zillion dollars....go! go! now!"

I was expaining to my granddaughter yesterday about soaps.  She's 17 and only maybe watches Netflix.  I was surprised she wanted to know about them.  These teenagers do not watch TV unless it's a very old show like Law and Order SVU from way, way back.  It's mostly YouTube, etc for them.

Anyway, we like to sit in the car and eat fast food and talk and talk.  It's so much fun to hear about their lives.  

Anyway, I was telling her how these writers think we're stupid!  They'll take a kid we've watched for a few years and suddenly they're a teenager so they have have teenage angst...then we adults have to sit through that forever.

But I couldn't remember the name it's given when the kid suddenly agest to teen.  What's it called?  Anybody?

The look on her face as I'm telling her about these story lines was priceless.  I think she was surprised me (her grandma) would watch such a messed up terrible story line show!  Ha!

I think I might like this new guy better than the old one.  The reason is because I stopped watching GH for a few years.  I'd hop in and out and was familiar with the old one but there were things I didn't like about him (his hairpiece if I remember was terrible).

I know I am way ready for Brad to get what he deserves.  I think this is going to go on until the beginning of next year.....hummm???

He's another fast forward over....Can you believe my granddaughter actually said, "Grandma.  How do you watch the soaps?  She and her friends watch so little TV she didn't realize they came on the large/regular TV channels!

My son in law is a computer wiz and gets everything without subscribing to cable...?  Anyway, if you want to laugh try telling a sane person who doesn't watch soaps these story lines!  They'll think you/we/me are crazy....they might be right....in my case.

Just when I wonder if it's just us here who are sick of this, I'll go fishing on line and see where just about everyone is so tired of the same stuff...

Come on people!  I still haven't seen any explanation for the shower scene??  That guy really was naked!  What in the name of Heaven was the reason for that?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  you make me giggle. I'm thinking of you and your granddaughter and wishing I was a fly on the wall during some of your conversations.

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

...Anyway, I was telling her how these writers think we're stupid!  They'll take a kid we've watched for a few years and suddenly they're a teenager so they have have teenage angst...then we adults have to sit through that forever.

But I couldn't remember the name it's given when the kid suddenly agest to teen.  What's it called?  Anybody?..

The term you're thinking of is SORAS, Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I bet you are naked when you take a shower too. I think that was to show him putting on the Cassadine ring as the return of Niklous.

I don't think any writer would satisy some of you. I just watch for entertainment not a great story. They lack time to put on a reat story & when it last a while you get bored. Although I too think they are taking way to long for Michael to get his son back but am hopeful they are getting there.

I don't know about anyone else but at this point I don't care if Anna ever comes back. Why such a long vacation? I know Luke took long ones but this one is excessive.

Esteemed Contributor

@CLHS68, totally agree about Anna.  Way too long. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whoa!  Back up!  Of course I take a shower naked.  I have a lot of territory to cover.

Soaps are the few things these days where one can bust on the characters, the story lines, etc where 'supposedly' people don't get bent out of shape about them.

As far as the writing.  Look!  These people get paid very, very well to write these story lines.  Lately, they haven't been very good.

Many of us have felt like it's the same old same old retreads.

One must take pride in one's job.  If one is not good at it (and I'm not the only person who feels that way....) one needs to get another job.

As far as being in the shower, it makes no sense.  Did we see anyone else get ready to come to the party?  I think not!

It was just thrown into the story line.  Just like some of the scenes where people are under the covers moving up and down and so on.  I think we all know what taking a shower looks like.

It was stupid and I thought there was a reason I was missing (which happens with me).  However, other than what you mentioned.....which still doesn't say why it was necessary for a naked person to be shown in the shower....I still say it served no purpose and I guess I didn't miss anything.

At this point I'm beginning to feel like the kindergartner who says "poop" and laughs about it. 

I'm reminded of when my girls were little and they'd go around making weird noises over and over and over.  

I'd say, "If you can't say anything intelligent, maybe you should take a rest and not say anything else"

That's how I prefer to retire the shower question.  Obviously it seems to bother some....

To reiterate....I simply was asking if anyone knew why it was there....what was I missing...

Honored Contributor

GH Spoilers: Will Laura Learn Nikolas Is Alive?

GH spoilers for Monday reveal a day of mystery and suspicions throughout Port Charles as Hayden and Jax’s purpose back in town becomes more clear. But will it become clear to Laura or just the audience?

General Hospital Spoilers Highlights

Although Laura has come back from the dead, as well as essentially her entire family, she found it really hard to believe that Nikolas could actually manage this feat.

To that end, she decided Ava must be having a nervous breakdown and losing her mind when Ava insisted she saw Nikolas in the flesh. She even managed to convince Ava this happened and Laura and Julian convinced Ava to commit herself to Shadybrooke.

Well, spoilers say that Laura reels from all that has transpired on Monday. Clearly, Jax and Hayden have known Nikolas was alive this whole time and Laura assures Jax she can do a certain something. Does she learn Nikolas is alive and promise to keep the secret? If so, what will she do about Ava in Shadybrooke? Let her have a little well-needed time out after all the other stuff that’s happened to her over the last year?

As for Jax, he is not sure he wants to continue with this little venture if he finds there’s not enough in it for him. Yep, sounds like Jax.

Massive Trouble In Not-So Paradise

Over at Casa Corinthos, Lucas accuses Brad of cheating on him for quite a while as it becomes clear to Brad he’s being set up.

As Carly and Sonny listen in on their argument from the living room, Sonny tells his wife this is none of their business. Well, it becomes their business when Lucas decides he and Wiley are moving in. Um…

Brad is none-too-pleased with this and confronts Julian for setting him up. Julian tells Brad exactly what he wants from him, but it looks like he may be underestimating his son-in-law.

What Luck For Valentin

Finally Valentin is a relieved and happy man on Monday. He feels like he dodged a bullet after Sasha promises to keep his little sinister secret. But, he has no idea what trouble Laura might bring him.

Honored Contributor

Monday Musings  -

Yesterday when I answered a question for @Annabellethecat66  it started a chain of thoughts. Now that Nikolas Cassidine has retuned from the dead, can Spencer be far behind.

The current actor who portrays Spencer, Nicolas Bechtel, is 14 yo. His height is 4'6". One of the things that Nicolas had going with him - according to TPTB - was his incredible rapport with Tyler Christopher.

My opinion: Now would be the perfect time for a new and hopefully improved Spencer.

What do you think?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Respected Contributor

@Tique I don't think the link to the promo is working unless it is just me.

About Spencer I am sure he will be back at some point. I don't know if he should be replaced as it would be interesting to see how he & NuNik work together. I know he is annoying & entitled but I kind of liked how he stood up to Valentin & wasn't intimitated. We really have not seen much of NuNik yet to know his acting style.