Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ May 2023 ~ Spoilers Included

@cowboy sam wrote:

Missed about 10-15 min.  Tuesday due to Special Newsbreak!

uh,wondering if i missed Mikey deleting evidence ofSonny from his cell phone or not???

Not yet.  What I'm wondering is if someone else (say Dante) will somehow see what's on Mikey's cell phone about their father, Sonny?  Hmmmm

Esteemed Contributor

@mysoutherncomfort. I agree.  Mikey won't delete the evidence against Sonny and someone else will see it.

I did enjoy yesterday when Dr O was ranting about someone turning Drew in to the SEC and Ninny was distraught.   For the love of Pete, just expose her already!!!

Diane hit the nail on the head yesterday when she mused that if Carly goes to prison, Sonny would have full custody of Donna, and he and Nina could raise her.  PLEASE, let someone/anyone expand on that theory!!!!  With Carly out of the way, Ninny could replace her in Donna's life.  Anyone with 2 brain cells could connect those dots!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grandma r wrote:

...Diane hit the nail on the head yesterday when she mused that if Carly goes to prison, Sonny would have full custody of Donna, and he and Nina could raise her.  PLEASE, let someone/anyone expand on that theory!!!!  With Carly out of the way, Ninny could replace her in Donna's life.  Anyone with 2 brain cells could connect those dots!!!

@grandma r  have to admit I couldn't understand why Diane was pointing all that out to Sonny. To his credit it seemed like he didn't even consider for a moment that Carly being out of the picture would be better for him or Nina. It's continues to be obvious when Sonny speaks about his family he doesn't consider Nina to be a part of it. He usually singles her out. That has to be grating on her.

The scene with Liesl was for me one of the more enjoyable ones in a couple of weeks. I really though Nina was going to break down and admit what she had done. I suspect if Liesl hadn't been so wrapped up in what she was saying and had taken a look at Nina she would have seen something was off with her. 

As far as Victor's big plan [which we have been hearing about repeatedly since his return] everything that happened after The Haunted Star escape was predictable and ludicrous as pointed out by others. Even Victor's big send-off was tame considering how much happened off-screen and we had to use our imagination to surmise what happened. 👎🏼

On a personal note: It's good to see you posting more. ❤️

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I checked out GH's "Unlocked Channel" which @SleeplessinSD    posted about earlier on this thread. Today and yesterday they were showing episodes from 2018 which were of no interest to me. They are five years old but hardly what I would classify as "Classics". They may however temporarily satisfy those who miss some of the characters who were around then but not now.

General Hospital Unlocks Channel To Stream Classic Episodes

Diane Brounstein

GH sure looked different five years ago.

general hospital montage of jason, sam, drew, franco.

...So what can fans expect while watching? Yes, it’s free, but when things are free, it means you are the product — so get ready for a lot of commercials that you can’t fast-forward through. Also, you do not get to pick and choose which General Hospital episode you want to watch — there is a schedule, and you’re dropping in during it. You can’t rewind, either.

That said, there is a lot to enjoy. You’ll get to see old favorites like Franco (Roger Howarth), Lulu (Emme Rylan), Jason (Steve Burton), Drew (Billy Miller), and more. In an episode on while this was being written, there was a scene between Wright’s Carly and Michelle Stafford’s Nina — and they got along fine. So for moments like that, it can be a hoot to watch.

While the show is touting this as rewatching Mike’s (Max Gail) Alzheimer saga, get ready to also see Nelle (Chloe Lanier) with Michael (Chad Duell), Oscar (Garren Stitt) with Joss (Eden McCoy), and so much more. It’s a fun walk down Memory Lane. Guess it depends on your definition of "a fun walk down Memory Lane". Alzheimer's and childhood Cancer don't do it for me.

source: soaphub

Honored Contributor

More from the GH vault... Be still my heart... Yes, I'm being sarcastic... Far too many strolls down memory lane with this show in my opinion and most of them well, pretty much lacking... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Another News Special today.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

From my "here's how I would have written today's episode"....2 subjects

1)  Ned and the SEC:  Ned swore on his grandmother Lila's memory that he didn't call the SEC.......Brooke Lynn believes him.  For both ladies, Brooke Lynn and Olivia, I would have Ned raise his right hand and swear on his marriage and his son Leo that he did not call the SEC.  Both ladies, including Tracy, would have believed that.

2)  Maxie/Deception:  To launch the new "Deceptor" home spa (is it a facial product?), I would have either Felicia been on the Home and Hearth segment or even Gladys to demonstrate the benefits to an "older" audience.  Shasha is gorgeous so what does that prove.  To demonstrate on Maxie....well, I'll just leave it there.

Honored Contributor

Why is Maxie still referring to Deception as "My company"? @mysoutherncomfort   I'm going to follow your lead and also not say anything about Maxie but I can post a photo.

maxie asks sasha cover

Not that I want or need to see her but wondering Where is Lucy and why hasn't she stepped back into her role as CEO?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

I checked out GH's "Unlocked Channel" which @SleeplessinSD    posted about earlier on this thread. Today and yesterday they were showing episodes from 2018 which were of no interest to me. They are five years old but hardly what I would classify as "Classics". They may however temporarily satisfy those who miss some of the characters who were around then but not now.

General Hospital Unlocks Channel To Stream Classic Episodes

Diane Brounstein

GH sure looked different five years ago.

general hospital montage of jason, sam, drew, franco.

...So what can fans expect while watching? Yes, it’s free, but when things are free, it means you are the product — so get ready for a lot of commercials that you can’t fast-forward through. Also, you do not get to pick and choose which General Hospital episode you want to watch — there is a schedule, and you’re dropping in during it. You can’t rewind, either.

That said, there is a lot to enjoy. You’ll get to see old favorites like Franco (Roger Howarth), Lulu (Emme Rylan), Jason (Steve Burton), Drew (Billy Miller), and more. In an episode on while this was being written, there was a scene between Wright’s Carly and Michelle Stafford’s Nina — and they got along fine. So for moments like that, it can be a hoot to watch.

While the show is touting this as rewatching Mike’s (Max Gail) Alzheimer saga, get ready to also see Nelle (Chloe Lanier) with Michael (Chad Duell), Oscar (Garren Stitt) with Joss (Eden McCoy), and so much more. It’s a fun walk down Memory Lane. Guess it depends on your definition of "a fun walk down Memory Lane". Alzheimer's and childhood Cancer don't do it for me.

Not interested in those fun episodes either. They were really  well done but too draining and depressing the first time, no thanks. 

They could have shown some of the original Ice Princess storyline to go with the story they just finished. 

What about other early classic storylines?  Luke and Laura's wedding, Frank Smith, Alan/ Monica/Rick/Lesley, or Jeff/Anne/Heather, Bobbie/Laura/Scott, early Carly and Jason, Brenda/Sonny/Jax. So much rich history to just go back or year or two that most remember very well. 

I'm all caught up from last Thursday. I enjoyed all the episodes involving the finale of bringing Victor down. I hope this SEC storyline doesn't last too long and that Willow comes through the bone marrow transplant successfully. Nina seems to be finally realizing what she has done, too late. I still can't get over her telling Martin to report Drew and Carly to the SEC and Martin apparently just saying ok, if you say so. 

Honored Contributor

General Hospital Veteran Jacklyn Zeman Has Passed Away At 70

Sherrie E. Smith

The beloved actress lived a remarkable life from her days as a dancer leading up to her 46 year reign at General Hospital.

jacklyn zeman from general hospital against a black background.

General Hospital fan favorite Jacklyn Zeman, who played Barbara Jean “Bobbie” Spencer since 1977, has passed away at the age of 70.

The actress passed away on May 10, 2023...