Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ May 2023 ~ Spoilers Included

@mysoutherncomfort wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

@Tique 

Thursday, May 25, 2023

TJ confides in Stella.

Oh goody goody gum drop...Stella's back!!!
LOL...I thought Auntie was still in her hotel room since the wedding afraid to come out and wander around PC.  I am on the edge of my seat to learn where she's been while Trina was in the clutches of the demented, villanous, crazed Victor and cannot wait to hear whatever pearls of wisdom she has to impart.  Certainly not supporting/rallying with Portia or while her Curtis goes off to Greenland, etal.  Another LOL.

@mysoutherncomfort  I started to read this post but as soon as I read the highlighted part and the character Stella, I stopped dead in my tracks! The writers are really getting unbelievably out of hand. I'm referring to all of the story lines except, my Diane. I can't watch her with Robert. She's waaaaaay to good for him. He's waaaaaay out of her league. Years ago, 🌬🌬🌬🌬 but nowadays, he's a plain vanilla, boring, stupid, pathetic character, at this point. Sometimes, one must be crass to make a point. If I must, I must!😉 (BTW, I don't use the word stupid easily. It's not allowed in my family)

@Coquille Thank you for your post.  Actually, @Tique highlighted the   Oh goody goody gum drop...Stella's back!!!  I followed up with my tongue in cheek comments.  IMO, Auntie is not needed at all.  I will repeat myself....not needed at all.

That said, I agree with your synopsis on Diane/Robert.  However, I am holding out hope that if/when Robert teams up with Diane (couple wise), she will lead him out of his vanilla, boring box, to once again be able to go the distance.  Just sayin' friend that my hope springs eternal.  If anyone can assist Robert and his current character's personality, it would/should be Diane.

@Tique 👏👏👏👏👏

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Esteemed Contributor

Zero interest in watching today!!  When Sonny asked Ninny to marry him my stomach turned.  I just do not care to watch that woman continue to play the victim in every situation!!!

There are so many unnecessary characters with far too many ridiculous s/ls!!!  TPTB need to cut out the inane, hire writers who actually have imaginations and chose to write for the audience.  As I've said before, I don't wish for people to be out of work.  However, those of us who've been around for the entire run want and deserve better storytelling.   Right now, there is not a single s/l that holds my interest!!!  And, as @Coquille said, Diane is waaaaay out of the "current" Robert's league.  Those writing need to go back several decades to watch Robert in action.

I watch a lot of PBS programs.  So well done and having familiar characters playing different roles on any number of shows.  Just one instance....watched Midsummer Murders last night from 25 years ago.  A number of familiar faces turned up as assorted characters ( Roger Allum, Endeavor's Thursday......the actor who played Steven on As Time Goes By.....etc.)  I guess my point is that a good actor and good writing are important to any program. 

Oh well, time to head back inside.

Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@Coquille Thank you for your post.  Actually, @Tique highlighted the   Oh goody goody gum drop...Stella's back!!!  I followed up with my tongue in cheek comments.  IMO, Auntie is not needed at all.  I will repeat myself....not needed at all.

That said, I agree with your synopsis on Diane/Robert.  However, I am holding out hope that if/when Robert teams up with Diane (couple wise), she will lead him out of his vanilla, boring box, to once again be able to go the distance.  Just sayin' friend that my hope springs eternal.  If anyone can assist Robert and his current character's personality, it would/should be Diane.

@Tique 👏👏👏👏👏

@Coquille  @mysoutherncomfort  thank you both.

I'm in complete agreement with your comments regarding Robert. I meant to reply to @Wsmom  when she addressed this last week. I remember the observation that Frank & Co gave equal opportunities to both sexes in having them come off looking like jackasses. This brings back memories of a previous time Robert was afforded this fate: When he kept inserting himself into Finn and Anna's relationship and his imbecilic actions ended with an engagement ring mistakenly being taken by Mike Corbin.

It made sense during Holly's first return that Robert responded the way he did; he had thought for over a year that she was dead. By the second time he had had plenty of time to resolve those feelings and come to terms with the limitations of his and Holly's relationship. Diane is not a consolation prize and since Robert doesn't seem to realize that, he's not worthy.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

@GinaV24  I am just reading your post so this is a little late. Happy Birthday to your brother!! Hope it was a good day.Heart

Respected Contributor

I'll stand by my original post about the upcoming nuptials of Sonny and Nina (a brief time out while I gag on my spoon).  Ain't gonna happen.  All will be revealed about Ninny's part in the SEC s/l either just before or at the taking their vows or immediately following tying the knot.  Brooke Lynn may be on the road to who turned in Drew/Carly to the SEC breaking down who has it in for either Carly/? Drew? or both?  Hmmm, perhaps Granny Tracy will assist.  That would be fun.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll stand by my original post about the upcoming nuptials of Sonny and Nina (a brief time out while I gag on my spoon).  Ain't gonna happen.  All will be revealed about Ninny's part in the SEC s/l either just before or at the taking their vows or immediately following tying the knot.  Brooke Lynn may be on the road to who turned in Drew/Carly to the SEC breaking down who has it in for either Carly/? Drew? or both?  Hmmm, perhaps Granny Tracy will assist.  That would be fun.

Agree, about time someone in PC started thinking outside the box. It ought to be as obvious as night and day to all of them who currently has it in for Carly. Who has repeatedly gotten into public screaming matches with Carly over the last year? Who is currently living with, and now engaged, to Carly's ex husband?  Who thinks Carly kept her from not just one, but two daughters? Why have Carly and Drew themselves not considered Nina one single time instead of just having Ned in the head, lol? I just scream at the TV every day "It's Nina!" 😂😂😂😂 

Honored Contributor

@BeckiWV wrote:

...Brooke Lynn may be on the road to who turned in Drew/Carly to the SEC breaking down who has it in for either Carly/? Drew? or both?  Hmmm, perhaps Granny Tracy will assist.  That would be fun.

Agree, about time someone in PC started thinking outside the box. It ought to be as obvious as night and day to all of them who currently has it in for Carly. Who has repeatedly gotten into public screaming matches with Carly over the last year? Who is currently living with, and now engaged, to Carly's ex husband?  Who thinks Carly kept her from not just one, but two daughters? Why have Carly and Drew themselves not considered Nina one single time instead of just having Ned in the head, lol? I just scream at the TV every day "It's Nina!" 😂😂😂😂 

Excellent points as usual by two of the members of the esteemed "Lifers of GH". Unfortunately I am not one of them but because they tolerate me 😄 I can add my thoughts. 

@BeckiWV   it seemed the lightbulb went on when Nina was sashaying out of Carly's house after she went from "Could you help me to connect with 'my daughter'?" to planning a whole Agenda..."First we can have a call and then we can..." When Carly told her "No", the ever predictable Nina responded with something like "I'm glad I..." Then she cut herself off leaving Carly with a look of wondering what she was talking about. Of course it ended there and was never picked back up.

FYI -Today is the last day of May Sweeps.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh, of course, Teflon Carly will be saved, even though it has been pointed out many times by lawyers and friends, that she DID indeed break the law. Oh but that doesn't count because she was doing it for Michael, and of course the FEDs will let it go.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@BeckiWV wrote:

...Brooke Lynn may be on the road to who turned in Drew/Carly to the SEC breaking down who has it in for either Carly/? Drew? or both?  Hmmm, perhaps Granny Tracy will assist.  That would be fun.

Excellent points as usual by two of the members of the esteemed "Lifers of GH". Unfortunately I am not one of them but because they tolerate me 😄 I can add my thoughts. 

@BeckiWV   it seemed the lightbulb went on when Nina was sashaying out of Carly's house after she went from "Could you help me to connect with 'my daughter'?" to planning a whole Agenda..."First we can have a call and then we can..." When Carly told her "No", the ever predictable Nina responded with something like "I'm glad I..." Then she cut herself off leaving Carly with a look of wondering what she was talking about. Of course it ended there and was never picked back up.

FYI -Today is the last day of May Sweeps.

@Tique you are right, that would have indeed been the perfect time for Carly to think "what if?"

BTW, I do much more than tolerate you, I love you, silly girl, lol 😂. You are always welcome to add your thoughts to my thoughts ❤️

I'm not always sure being a GH lifer is a good thing these days lol. I'm hanging in there and am likely to remain so, but gosh darnit sometimes it seems like I'm a lifer at Pentonville, lol.

🌻

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really need Tracy to give Curtis the same talk she gave Chase.

I wonder if Jordan will tell Portia about the kiss? I think she should and say Curtis was probably rebounding. She likely won't, but it could save her trouble later. It's too bad about Jordan, since she has feelings for him too.