Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ May 2023 ~ Spoilers Included

@BeckiWV wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14 I too would like to see more Bobbie flashbacks and clips incorporated into an episode when they are ready, as well as some kind of appearance by Tony Geary, however brief, even if it's just Luke welcoming Bobbie to heaven (if the Luke character is really gone) as they did with Mike coming for Liam. Even just his voice. She deserves that.

I totally agree with @Tique (probably all of us do) that a recast no matter how far down the road would be revolting to the fans and to an insult to the memory of the actress who has played a role for 40 years.

Since Luke (Tony Geary) is still presumed dead by everyone including Tracy, I think the above post would be a lovely tribute to the actress and the actor who was her big brother.  Passing away peacefully in her sleep (eventually down the road) being led by Luke would be a fitting exit.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BeckiWV wrote:

...Rick Springfield is awesome but one I would also love to see is Brad Maule's Tony. I always think of him first with Bobbie, did they kill off Tony though? Get him anyway too, lol. I also loved her with Stephen Nichols, A. Martinez and the first Jerry Jax. Bobbie had some great pairings. ❤️

@BeckiWV   thank you. Because of your post about Brad Maule I did a search to see when he was last on GH. It was in November 2019 and there were some laugh-out-loud comments written about his changed appearance. Although I won't re-post those I will post links to trigger your memory. One thing you and I share: We will watch old clips. You're welcome. 😃 Bonus - it opens with Bobbie and Julian.

Viewing Time ~  3 1/2 minutes

Lucas and Tony Part 1

Viewing Time ~  2 minutes

Lucas and Tony Part II

There are a few more clips but these should suffice.

I had forgotten I used to like Lucas before they ruined him. It would be nice if he would return for whatever memorial they plan. His recast never did strike a chord with viewers. Guess that's why they dropped him.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@BeckiWV wrote:

...Rick Springfield is awesome but one I would also love to see is Brad Maule's Tony. I always think of him first with Bobbie, did they kill off Tony though? Get him anyway too, lol. I also loved her with Stephen Nichols, A. Martinez and the first Jerry Jax. Bobbie had some great pairings. ❤️

@BeckiWV   thank you. Because of your post about Brad Maule I did a search to see when he was last on GH. It was in November 2019 and there were some laugh-out-loud comments written about his changed appearance. Although I won't re-post those I will post links to trigger your memory. One thing you and I share: We will watch old clips. You're welcome. 😃 Bonus - it opens with Bobbie and Julian.

Viewing Time ~  3 1/2 minutes

Lucas and Tony Part 1

Viewing Time ~  2 minutes

Lucas and Tony Part II

There are a few more clips but these should suffice.

I had forgotten I used to like Lucas before they ruined him. It would be nice if he would return for whatever memorial they plan. His recast never did strike a chord with viewers. Guess that's why they dropped him.

@Tique thank you for these clips, I enjoyed them. Yes, I DO love watching old clips and seeing Julian was definitely a bonus.  ❤️

Lol, I do remember these now and the talk about Tony being so aged. Gosh, you would think that looking older than you were when you died would be at least one thing you wouldn't have to worry about 🤣🤣🤣

I hope if Lucas is brought back, which he should be, that it is Ryan Carnes. Like most, I didn't take to the recast but they didn't really give us much of a chance to get used to him before he disappeared (probably just as well). 

Honored Contributor

@BeckiWV I loved her with Stephen Nichols and A Martinez. Great idea about heaven and they can get a stand in for Ruby too. 

They did kill off Tony. I think he went when an illness swept through GH. Can't remember the exact disease. I thought it was beyond stupid to kill his character off. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you @Tique for the clips of Tony and Lucas.  I now recall saying to myself (out laud to no one) I wish they hadn't brought back Brad Maule because I couldn't believe how much he had aged and how he looked.  I'm one of those people that like to remember a character the way they were.  No one stays young forever (maybe with the exception of the glamorous Constance Towers).

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique. Thank you for sharing the photos and clips.  A walk down memory lane for sure.

@GinaV24 happy your brother is home.  Prayers will continue for you both.

Respected Contributor

@GinaV24 Adding my positive thoughts and prayers for you and your brother.  May he continue to heal at home and may you both be able to put this very trying time behind you once and for all.  

Respected Contributor

@grandma r  How are you doing? Do you have any down time, where you're not taking care of your medical problems, appt, tests, etc.? I hope you get a chance to breath, if the docs are letting you! You, hubby and family, are in my prayers.

Send regards. I hope he's coping ok. His chair is a Godsend at this point.  I would imagine.

GH, snorefest🥱😴

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Esteemed Contributor

@GinaV24 and @grandma r continued prayers and love for you both ❤️
Esteemed Contributor

@Coquille   thank you!!!  Your buddy is doing his best.  Some days are harder than others.  I try to spend time outside as often as possible.  Right now, the appts are fewer and that's ok with me.

@BeckiWV. Thank you.

Wishing a very Happy Mother's Day to all who celebrate!!!  Of course this extends to those with fur babies and fur grandbabies.

Wonderful news yesterday!!!!  Recent scans show no evidence of cancer!!!!  Proof that prayers do work!!!  (Qualified by the oncologist.....bladder cancer is very sneaky and can be hiding in the outer muscle.  Me.....well, I'll keep believing in the power of prayer and praying that the surgery and chemo got rid of it.)  

Have a wonderful Sunday!!!