[ Edited ]

Cyrus Can Go to Hell Promo

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Respected Contributor

Re: General Hospital ~ May 2021 ~ Spoilers Included

@Coquille wrote:

@grandma r wrote:

@Coquille. Glad you'll be discussing the med with your doc.  Sometimes I think we need to be our own advocate and question the doc.  Hope all is well.

Oh, and HELLO from the man in the recliner.  

@grandma r  I should have said, i was (meaning past tense) discussing it with my doctor. I told him, I'm only taking 1 more shot and then I'm stopping for awhile. The drawback is, more kidney stones and other problems but that's better than the other alternatives.

He threatened, that I might have to find another doctor. I said ok and I found one, just in case he sticks to his guns. He's been my doctor for 30 years. I don't think he will but I'm prepared anyway. My body, my choice. I'm extremely well informed, as I believe you are and you know your body.

As far as the recliner occupant, I'm sending him hugs, whether he likes it or not. I see him making a face🙄 Too bad.  The two of you are always in my prayers.😘

@Coquille , any doctor I have ever worked for (and that is alot at this age!) has ALWAYS said that a good doctor will listen to his/her patient as the patient knows his/her own body better than anyone!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Daytime Emmy Awards 2021: The Nominees

Chris Eades

Emmy season is in full swing with the announcement of the nominees for the 48th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards! Fans waited with bated breath to see if their favorites from Bold & The Beautiful, Days of Our Lives, General Hospital, and The Young & The Restless.

While it will be held virtually due to COVID precautions, the Daytime Emmys are being broadcast this year again on CBS to air on Friday, June 25...

The daytime drama Emmy nominees are:

I only included the categories where GH has at least one nominee.

Outstanding Drama Series

B&B
DAYS
GH
Y&R

Outstanding Lead Actress

Melissa Claire Egan (Chelsea, Y&R)
Genie Francis (Laura, GH)
Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis, GH)
Finola Hughes (Anna/Alex, GH)
Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Steffy, B&B)

Three nominees for this category. Really GH?

No Maura West/Ava. No Laura Wright/Carly.

Outstanding Lead Actor

Maurice Benard (Sonny, GH)
Steve Burton (Jason, GH)
Thorsten Kaye (Ridge, B&B)
Wally Kurth (Justin, DAYS)
Dominic Zamprogna (Dante, GH)

Three nominees again for this category. Dante? Lead Actor? Gag!!!

Outstanding Supporting Actress

Marla Adams (Dina, Y&R)
Tamara Braun (Ava, DAYS)
Carolyn Hennesy (Diane, GH)
Briana Nicole Henry (Jordan, GH)
Courtney Hope (Sally, B&B)

Great to see Diane in this category. As for the other one...

Outstanding Supporting Actor

Darin Brooks (Wyatt, B&B)
Max Gail (Mike, GH)
Bryton James (Devon, Y&R)
Jeff Kober (Cyrus, GH)
James Patrick Stuart (Valentin, GH)

Another category with three nominees. Any other year Valentin but Max deserves this especially since he took himself out of the category last year. This would be the last year he's eligible as Mike.

No comment on that other one.

Outstanding Younger Performer

Tahj Bellow (TJ, GH)
Victoria Konefal (Ciara, DAYS)
Ayvia Alyn Lind (Faith, Y&R)
Katelyn MacMullen (Willow, GH)
Sydney Mikayla (Trina, GH)

Another "don't understand" with T.J. At first I didn't get Willow either but then it hit me; any female who has to pretend to be "gaga" for Milktoast deserves a nod.

Pulling for Trina.

Outstanding Guest Performer

Kim Delaney (Jackie, GH)
George DelHoyo (Orpheus, DAYS)
Briana Lane (Brook Lynn, GH)
Cady McClain (Jennifer, DAYS)
Victoria Platt (Amanda, DAYS)

No comment on Jackie.

Briana Lane was the BrookLynn recast when the other one was on maturity maternity leave. Good for her!

Outstanding Writing Team

B&B
GH
Y&R

No comment.

Outstanding Directing Team

B&B
DAYS
GH
Y&R

No comment.

Outstanding Casting for a Drama or Daytime Fiction Program

DASH & LILY
DAYS
GH
JULIE AND THE PHANTOMS
TRINKETS

No comment. Really?

Outstanding Technical Team for a Drama or Daytime Fiction Program

B&B
DAYS
GH
Y&R

source: soapsindepth

GH is the only show that consistently does multiple nominations in a category. They don't learn a thing from year-to-year.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

Ok  in preview we see a man tumbling down a stairwell..and land...is it Peter????I hope so  but sigh i doubt it

Could it be Brando we saw instead??

ok..i will watch GH in a hour to see.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@redwingsgal   I absolutely agree. I managed a doctors office for 18 years and I always told that to the patients. That's why he can't bully me. He tried that once before and it didn't work then, so it's not going to work now.Thanks😘

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

Ok  in preview we see a man tumbling down a stairwell..and land...is it Peter????I hope so  but sigh i doubt it

Could it be Brando we saw instead??

ok..i will watch GH in a hour to see.

I wondered the same thing, @cowboy sam .  At first I thought it was Peter, then I thought it was Brando

And what the heck was that 7 hrs earlier thing all about???!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

@Coquille. My dear friend,  stick to your guns.  It infuriates me when some doctors seem to get too too self important.   No one knows what is best for you better than you.  Just the arrogance of him telling you he might discharge you as a patient if you don't obey his orders is outrageous.   You do what's best for you.  Too much calcium can indeed cause kidney stones.  Take care of yourself and don't let anyone bully you.  Sending hugs and prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

Are you seriously interrupting GH right now for this????

Ok, ABC, let's stir up more unrest.  We all know what happened; it was wrong and justice has been handed down.

This is NOT necessary.   It is not about national security. 

I'd better stop or I'll get penalized here.

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely stick to your own thoughts about what you need. Your doctor should listen to you and give you his best advice but IMO people need to be their own advocates.

I had my gyno many years ago tell me that I didn't need a dexoscan to check for osteoporosis because "only skinny people get that". While I am no longer as skinny as I once was, I was not overweight. I was pretty annoyed with that comment.

Guess what? He's no longer my doctor. Not only for the insulting comment but because that's incorrect. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 boy you are so right. Jason - speaking in real sentences and having an opinion rather than having to just console Sam or Carly when they are having a meltdown from some dumb thing they did to themselves.

I like it!